• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thalassa
    replied
    Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I'm also going to go back to making that wonderful olive oil, honey and sugar scrub. I should have stayed doing that. I think for summer, it's perfect.
    I've been using coconut oil, sugar, some sea salt, and lime juice. Flippin' awesome! Tastes like a margarita.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Ok so I just went out and purchased some Pampers baby wipes. They are soo awesome at taking off all my make-up! I can't believe it. Even the eye make-up. And it feels like there is something slightly..acidic to it. It sorta makes me feel like when you use Retin A cream. After that I slather with some Ponds and I'm good to go. Mind you I usually have desert dry skin.

*just thought I'd awaken this thread.

I'm also going to go back to making that wonderful olive oil, honey and sugar scrub. I should have stayed doing that. I think for summer, it's perfect.

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

You can also use your foundation or concealer to brush in around your lips. Set with powder then do the pencil then lipstick. It will help keep from bleeding.
    Haha, that would require me to buy powder, lol. I literally only own one mascara, a few lipsticks + corresponding pencils, and some tinted face moisturizer (and I'll totally admit that ALL of it comes from MAC)

Speaking of, MAC carries a lip primer, so when I'm in Edmonton next month I was going to try and go find one, since finding a MAC is probably easier than finding an ELF supplier. Also, I have crazy crazy CRAZY scent-allergies, so I actually can't use a lot of the cheaper makeup out there without breaking out in hives, or a rash, or getting a headache. I started buying MAC lipstick because I found out it doesn't close my throat up.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

You can also use your foundation or concealer to brush in around your lips. Set with powder then do the pencil then lipstick. It will help keep from bleeding.

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

Originally posted by Kala View Post
    Actually there are Targets in Canada. Zellers was bought out and converted to Target in some areas. I haven't been in one yet to see if they have ELF but maybe I'll check today.
    I know, but I live in the Northwest Territories. I'm over 1000km from the nearest city that could possibly even have a Zellers/Target. Our makeup store here is shoppers drug mart or walmart, that's it!

Leave a comment:

• Kala
    replied

Actually there are Targets in Canada. Zellers was bought out and converted to Target in some areas. I haven't been in one yet to see if they have ELF but maybe I'll check today.
    Last edited by Kala; 21 Jan 2014, 09:30.

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/l...ip_lock_pencil
    You can find this lip lock at Target. Run it around your lipstick and it stops the bleeding. Also do not apply too thick a layer. First find a lip pencil in a red. Line and fill lip. Then add the lipstick. Blot. Re-apply. It will stay if it's not thick.
    No Target in Canada, but I'll take a look around. I read the ingredient list, and it's not that bad, actually. Either that, or wanna suggest some more ELF stuff so I can get free shipping?

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

You can find this lip lock at Target. Run it around your lipstick and it stops the bleeding. Also do not apply too thick a layer. First find a lip pencil in a red. Line and fill lip. Then add the lipstick. Blot. Re-apply. It will stay if it's not thick.

Leave a comment:

• Rowanwood
    replied

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    how do you ladies stop your lipstick from feathering? It happens when I wear red, and I don't know how to stop it. :\
    Seriously, try the Colorstay stuff. It's magical. It doesn't feather or rub off or anything. The two part stuff though. The other stuff seems less effective.

I use Always Sienna and Infinite Raspberry, but they have bright red too.

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

how do you ladies stop your lipstick from feathering? It happens when I wear red, and I don't know how to stop it. :\

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Too damn right they do :P

I'm imagining quite the sexy voice, just so you know. Hehehe

On-topic: I picked up a couple bottles of nail polish. But I need a friggin manicure!

Leave a comment:

• Heka
    replied

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    OMG! My fantasies have a new leading lady!

/perv
    Too damn right they do :P

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2733[/ATTACH]

OMG! My fantasies have a new leading lady!

/perv

Leave a comment:

• thalassa
    replied

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
    Thanks all

I am pretty pale and I don't tan so I am guessing bronzer is not for me. Will have a look into contours and highlighters though.
    I wear bronzer and (as you can see in my pic, I'm pretty pale)--here's why....my natural skin tone is very fair, but when I cover my entire face in it, I look like death warmed over. The next color up though, is always too dark, and generally too "orange" for my skin tone. Even mixing them doesn't work (and its way too much trouble to go to). So I use a super light bronzer (not all bronzers have to be dark) on my nose, chin, forehead, etc, before I put on blush or eyeshadow. In the pic of me, I have bronzer on--a very light dusting of one of the lightest shades available, but I am wearing it.

Leave a comment:

• shadow1982
    replied

Thanks all

I am pretty pale and I don't tan so I am guessing bronzer is not for me. Will have a look into contours and highlighters though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X