X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa
    replied
    Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Ive heard very good things about it. I use a mouse foundation so I put it on with a fat kabuki brush. But I've always wanted to try the egg spongy thing. You can find knock offs of it at discount stores too.

Leave a comment:

• Klia
    replied

^ I agree. Eyeshadow doesn't look good on me. Do you have prominent eyes? I've noticed that the bigger the eyelid, the weirder shadow looks - in my opinion of course. It just looks tacky on me.

I just got this makeup sponge called the Beauty Blender and it is the best thing for foundations! It's a bit pricey but worth it!

Has anyone heard of it or does anyone else have one?

Leave a comment:

• riversiren
    replied

I love Ultra and Sephora. I know they are expensive, but a treat is a treat. I am digging Buxom lip pumping gloss in Bunny. I love the Colts of all the shadows and polish. I look weird with make-up on. A bit of neutral liner, mascara, and bronze is my go to look. I look weird with shadow on.

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

Yup. Pedicures are just too awesome to pass up. So are manicures, though.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    if my hubby went in for a pedicure i think the poor woman, (or guy) doing it would break down and cry..... not only is there giant feet.... but they are not in any sort of nice shape.... kinda furry and hobbit-like, though there is no mistaking him for a hobbit.... his feet though? straight from the movie...
    Aww, I volunteer with a guy who schedules a monthly pedicure and he's well into his 50's. He's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Maria de Luna
    replied

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    Including pedicure right? All guys like to get their feet pampered on occasion... or so I hear anyway.
    if my hubby went in for a pedicure i think the poor woman, (or guy) doing it would break down and cry..... not only is there giant feet.... but they are not in any sort of nice shape.... kinda furry and hobbit-like, though there is no mistaking him for a hobbit.... his feet though? straight from the movie...

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    A lot of times the reason lipstick smears off is because we put too much on. You need to layer it. A lipliner the color of your lips first. Then a light application with a lip brush of the lip color. You can then apply a tissue over your lips and apply a light translucent powder over the lips to set it in. Then a thicker lipgloss lightly so it stays. I like using a fat matte lip pencil in a color close to my own lips. Something from ELF for a dollar. Then over that I apply a pinker or coral color lipgloss. Looks like I have natural lips that are just shiny with gloss.
    I cheat, my mouth is already a bright red, so I only need small ammounts of any shade for much tint, but I can usually just go with a clear, or shimmery, gloss and i look like I have lipstick on. I actually used to get accused of wearing too much lipstick as a kid by my grandfather.... He never believed I wasn't wearing any...

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

A lot of times the reason lipstick smears off is because we put too much on. You need to layer it. A lipliner the color of your lips first. Then a light application with a lip brush of the lip color. You can then apply a tissue over your lips and apply a light translucent powder over the lips to set it in. Then a thicker lipgloss lightly so it stays. I like using a fat matte lip pencil in a color close to my own lips. Something from ELF for a dollar. Then over that I apply a pinker or coral color lipgloss. Looks like I have natural lips that are just shiny with gloss.

Leave a comment:

• WayfaringStranger
    replied

I love doing my make up and have embraced all things super feminine since my super teen goffic tomboy stage of life. I think I've become fairly efficient in it but for the past DECADE I've fought with dry patches of skin in the nare furrows on either side of the nose that I cannot seem to exfoliate, moisturize, oil it of my face longer than a single day.

Plus I get really bad hives that my physician has basically summed up to "stress" on random locations on my body that sometimes are reigned into control under a combination of oat meal baths and lotion in conjunction with taking antihistamines by the truck loads for 3 - 5 days. Any suggestions for either? I don't have many pictures of either close up, but I always have pictures of how to cover up these things as I have had quite a bit of practice.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    The most I'll do, these days, is just nail polish. Sorry.
    Including pedicure right? All guys like to get their feet pampered on occasion... or so I hear anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    Not even eyeliner?! What kind of male are you??! :P

The most I'll do, these days, is just nail polish. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    You know, for what it's worth? I don't use any.

Not even eyeliner?! What kind of male are you??! :P

I did my sister's boyfriend's makeup for halloween once... he wore my faery costume from when I was 5 and had the glittery eyeshadow and everything.. what a trooper!

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

You know, for what it's worth? I don't use any.

Leave a comment:

• Heka
    replied

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    Ok, I'm kind of wet behind the ears with this whole thing, but is there a specific WAY to apply it to make sure it stays like that? Does it come in the typical tube? Is it like paint with a brush?

Does anyone know about lip tar? I've heard good things but the word TAR freaks meh out.

Also, what about lip stain? Is there a difference? Are there any useful organic lipsticks where I'm not pumping my luscious lips full of chemicals?
    I line my lips with a lip liner first, which helps you to put the lipstick where you want it, and helps to avoid it 'running'. Also if you're being fancy it can help to give you more interesting lip shape.

A stain is a colour that doesn't wear off, and will last longer. Needs less reapplying.

No idea about tar, sounds weird. I don't use a brush, unless I'm doing some of that fancy stuff I mentioned. And I don't know about organic lipsticks, but I only buy Natio and Innoxa branded stuff, as they don't test on animals. Also Inglot, but they are more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Bjorn
    replied

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
    I use Revlon Colorstay lipstick; and its hardly the expensive stuff. It feels a little dry when you put the color on while its setting, but then you put the gloss on, and it sort of disappears. I wore it to the dentist and it didn't even come off on the hygienist's gloves. She was totally amazed.
    Ok, I'm kind of wet behind the ears with this whole thing, but is there a specific WAY to apply it to make sure it stays like that? Does it come in the typical tube? Is it like paint with a brush?

Does anyone know about lip tar? I've heard good things but the word TAR freaks meh out.

Also, what about lip stain? Is there a difference? Are there any useful organic lipsticks where I'm not pumping my luscious lips full of chemicals?

Leave a comment:

• Heka
    replied

I wear quite a lot of make up, all the time. It's holidays atm, and I'm not wearing any, and I look weird when I look at myself in the mirror..... I've been wearing eyeliner since I was 12, I don't like going out without it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X