This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos, Piercings and Body Mod!

My images often don't show up so will secondary post links under the img tags. All were designed by me and are of spiritual significance and screamed at me to get done. Swear I have OCD for tattoos, I almost hear them yelling to get put on and can't sleep or think of else till they get put on lol. Also have tongue pierced.

My first, a raven

Mark I had in a past life

A sigil representing my religious beliefs, slightly altered by the artist and didn't notice the flaws before he put it on, but still bad ass looking and not many notice them XD

A created sigil done in black light ink

Latest black light ink, less than 12 hrs old, will be able to get pics of it glowing when the barrier falls off in a week or so... a japanese dragon as an ouroborus. It will glow like the sigil when healed. Ya I know it's hard to see just outlined scaring heh.

I have at least 3 more and a back piece on the drawing board.
    -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
    (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

Wow. We can't get blacklight stuff yet here, because it needs more testing apparently. That is awesome though! X
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I just got my lobes pierced for the first time last summer. I'm 19. Aren't I hardcore? XD.

Not sure whether to get my 2nd lobes, my nose, or a cartilage piercing next. I would love an industrial in time, but I want a couple more piercings first so I know what I'm in for. :3

I also REALLY want tattoos. I've wanted them for years. But my Dad, even though he lets me use my pocket money for piercings, absolutely refuses to fund tattoos (he thinks they look awful on women, and he thinks piercings are OK b/c they can close up), so I need to get a job first. Which is proving a lot harder than it should be.

I'm also thinking of getting a purple streak in my hair (it gets dyed black atm). That would require bleaching tho 0_o
        "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to put a photo on this thread? I know I'm not a computer genius, but everything I try shows up as text.
          Sleep, my friend, and you will see
          That dream is my reality

Comment

every time i read this thread it makes me want to work on my tattoo idea more.... and the talk about the blacklight ink gave me another idea... but that'd be like a tattoo over a tattoo... would that work effectively? putting a blacklight tattoo over another tattoo? or would it mess up the tattoo underneath?
            "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=calfhill link=topic=358.msg29054#msg29054 date=1295150762]
              Can anyone tell me how to put a photo on this thread? I know I'm not a computer genius, but everything I try shows up as text.
              [/quote]

well, if you have a pic as a web address, you just do it like this:

Code:
              [img]webaddress of image[/img]
              If it is in a file on your computer, provided the size is within the parameters (and eff if I remember what they are!!), you can add it as an attachment, the options for that are below the text box on the post reply page.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you. Now, let's see if I did it right.
                This is my only tattoo for now.
                That dream is my reality

Comment

Well, sorta. I'd really like to just have the picture show up in the post, instead of having to download it.
                  That dream is my reality

Comment

[quote author=calfhill link=topic=358.msg29125#msg29125 date=1295195842]
                    Well, sorta. I'd really like to just have the picture show up in the post, instead of having to download it.
                    [/quote]

set up a photobucket account, upload your pics to it , then you can use the [img] option. Heck, if I can figure it out, anyone can ;D
                    What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Got an appointment to fix my botched wrist tattoo. It has been touched up before but the line work is awful, so I took it into another shop (where my p[al has his sleeve done) and they were shocked by it. They are touching it up in two weeks.

Apparently the shop I got mine from is being taken to court for bad line-work and botching tattoos! That is so shocking! X
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=358.msg29103#msg29103 date=1295186664]
                        every time i read this thread it makes me want to work on my tattoo idea more.... and the talk about the blacklight ink gave me another idea... but that'd be like a tattoo over a tattoo... would that work effectively? putting a blacklight tattoo over another tattoo? or would it mess up the tattoo underneath?
                        [/quote]

You can overlay the black light with no effects on the underlying tattoo. After the healing process it'll be clear till you put it under black light. I'm thinking of going over the one on my back with uv highlights one day.

(whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

I've been developing the idea for quite some time now. adding more, moving stuff, etc. was thinking of making the tree in the blacklight ink. but then when I put it together in photoshop, it doesnt look too bad this way. Dont have the money to get it... so it'll probably still stay in planning for a while.
                          "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=358.msg29442#msg29442 date=1295358417]

I've been developing the idea for quite some time now. adding more, moving stuff, etc. was thinking of making the tree in the blacklight ink. but then when I put it together in photoshop, it doesnt look too bad this way. Dont have the money to get it... so it'll probably still stay in planning for a while.
                            [/quote]

I suspect you would have to have it done in layers, so maybe separating the elements in the image for the artist would be easier on the eye, it looks a little busy there, but imagining it with BL ink it would look pretty cool i think

M
                            In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

yeah i did it in photoshop so seperating the layers is absolutely no problem there. ;o)

I'm mostly trying to describe myself, my path, my beliefs, and tolerance between many beliefs and working them in harmony.

Comment

If you didn't shade the tree and just had it black light then it wouldn't be an issue of 'too busy' because it would be clear under normal light and the only thing glowing while under black light. The trick would be finding someone who can and will work with the ink that has the ability to do the piece. It's been around for years but still only very few artists work with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X