This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos, Piercings and Body Mod!

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=358.msg27095#msg27095 date=1294350380]
    So I'm curious as to how this particular bodily adornment got its name. Maybe I don't really wanna know LOL I seriously doubt the Prince of Monaco started this?
    [/quote]

Apparently, Albert, Queen Victoria's husband had one...

M
    In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is. It's pretty much the same as any other piercing.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=358.msg27119#msg27119 date=1294360140]
        I don't see what the big deal is. It's pretty much the same as any other piercing.
        [/quote]

Except it's on your PENIS!

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=358.msg26948#msg26948 date=1294280049]
          I am now the proud owner of a Prince Albert.
          [/quote]

Grats! Did you watch or look away? Did it hurt or did they numb you up? How's it healing? Is that something you have to be "warmed up" for?

I'm sorry if these are personal questions. If you don't want to answer them that's fine. I'm just really curious about that (or you can send me a pm).

If I ever lose this extra weight, I might get something down there. Piercings are piercings no matter where they are. Personally, I really miss my sternum piercing. I know I've said that a few times already, but it really does feel like something is missing.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My cousin got her clitoris pierced and she said walking up stairs is "quite an exhilarating experience", her words not mine :P
            sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=358.msg27123#msg27123 date=1294363651]
              My cousin got her clitoris pierced and she said walking up stairs is "quite an exhilarating experience", her worlds not mine :P
              [/quote]
              My sister said something similar, after she had hers done.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=358.msg27124#msg27124 date=1294363830]
                My sister said something similar, after she had hers done.
                [/quote]

But they are damn stupid piercings! My friend Amy (who is a piercer) said that it can go one of two ways: you can either get loads more sensation and a slight movement be orgasmic or it can numb the whole thing up and bang goes your orgasms for life! X
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

All I can say is, NEVER!
                  Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                  That dream is my reality

Comment

[quote author=calfhill link=topic=358.msg27249#msg27249 date=1294388952]
                    All I can say is, NEVER!
                    [/quote]

I agree. Sex is too important to me to risk it.
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=358.msg27122#msg27122 date=1294361652]
                      Grats! Did you watch or look away? Did it hurt or did they numb you up? How's it healing? Is that something you have to be "warmed up" for?

I'm sorry if these are personal questions. If you don't want to answer them that's fine. I'm just really curious about that (or you can send me a pm).

If I ever lose this extra weight, I might get something down there. Piercings are piercings no matter where they are. Personally, I really miss my sternum piercing. I know I've said that a few times already, but it really does feel like something is missing.
                      [/quote]

Thanks! I don't mind answering questions.

I always look away. I love being pierced and I don't mind pain, but I have this thing about actually witnessing needles penetrating my flesh and blood being drawn. Whether it's a piercing or a blood test I just can't look.

He gave me some numbing gel to put on it but it didn't seem to do anything. And yeah, it was pretty intense, but only for a second. It was kind of a rush, really.

It's healing very, very well. It bled for just one day - for those who don't know, it's normal for a fresh PA to bleed for a day or two - and now it just looks pretty much normal, except for the usual bit of crustiness. It stings a bit when the ring moves, but it's nothing major.

If you mean what I think you mean by "warmed up," then no. He said that if you are "warmed up" it can cause damage. They make use of an insertion tube or "prince's wand" to facilitate insertion of the needle.

I can understand what you mean, feeling like something is missing. If I had to remove any of my piercings I think it'd feel like the body part was going with it.

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=358.msg27247#msg27247 date=1294388649]
                      But they are damn stupid piercings! My friend Amy (who is a piercer) said that it can go one of two ways: you can either get loads more sensation and a slight movement be orgasmic or it can numb the whole thing up and bang goes your orgasms for life! X
                      [/quote]

So I hear. That's why it's a much wiser decision to pierce the clitoral hood rather than the clitoris itself.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=358.msg27247#msg27247 date=1294388649]
                        [/quote]

I prefer things the way Nature made them. What is it about human nature that makes us want to "enhance" everything all the time? We run ourselves ragged and aren't happy in the end.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=358.msg27287#msg27287 date=1294407405]
                          I prefer things the way Nature made them. What is it about human nature that makes us want to "enhance" everything all the time? We run ourselves ragged and aren't happy in the end.
                          [/quote]

See I am fine with Tattoos. I want many many more, but piercings aren't my thing at all. I'd rather scar myself for life with a tattoo than get a bar of metal through my flesh. x
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Speaking of bars of metal through my flesh, I think I might have to get my nipple piercing removed. I'm not positive, but I think it's finally decided to grow out (which makes me sad, as I love that piercing)

Going to a piercer on Monday to get them to look at it.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=358.msg27467#msg27467 date=1294492312]
                              See I am fine with Tattoos. I want many many more, but piercings aren't my thing at all. I'd rather scar myself for life with a tattoo than get a bar of metal through my flesh. x
                              [/quote]

I feel the same now but didn't always. I have 3 tattoos and have had my belly button and tounge pierced in the past. Whilst I still love my tattoos, and want more, I have taken the piercings out because I am no longer comfortable with them.

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=358.msg27287#msg27287 date=1294407405]
                              [/quote]

I am very happy with my tattoos but no people who aren't so I don't think it is that straight-forward. For me, I can't draw, can't sing, don't play an instrument but I have a creative soul. Tattoos are my way of expressing myself creatively and a lot of thought goes in to them. It normal takes me about 2 years from deciding I want one to actually getting it done because I need to be sure and I need it to be exactly what I am looking to express.
                              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=358.msg27470#msg27470 date=1294497585]
                                Speaking of bars of metal through my flesh, I think I might have to get my nipple piercing removed. I'm not positive, but I think it's finally decided to grow out (which makes me sad, as I love that piercing)

Going to a piercer on Monday to get them to look at it.
                                [/quote]

OOOMMMGG AHHHHHHHHHH O_O

I totally misread this and thought you said you had to have your nipple removed... I was full on shocked and upset for you for a whole 2 mins before I reread your post xD

silly me ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X