X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos, Piercings and Body Mod!

Originally posted by MartinaHarrison View Post
    I am not a big fan of this tattoo thing. If it is like painting then it is fine but when you have to torture your body in order to get a tattoo that is just rediculous.

Um what?

Why do you believe a tattoo is "torture?" I have 3 and while there is some pain, I actually wasn't disturbed by the process at all.

Comment

Because Tattoos were for a long time considered "Taboo" by society in general,there still remains pockets of belief that frown on the idea. I myself only have one tattoo of a roadrunner,that I got while in the service. Times change and social norms change. Friends while in the service had multiple Tats(Navy) and each Tat was to remember a different port they had been to(these were "Lifer" sailors). These days Tattoo's are a lot more common and a bit more accepted.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Because Tattoos were for a long time considered "Taboo" by society in general,there still remains pockets of belief that frown on the idea. I myself only have one tattoo of a roadrunner,that I got while in the service. Times change and social norms change. Friends while in the service had multiple Tats(Navy) and each Tat was to remember a different port they had been to(these were "Lifer" sailors). These days Tattoo's are a lot more common and a bit more accepted.
        That I get. So I'd get calling it "mutilation" or whatever, I just don't get where torture comes in.

I mean, I bet getting your legs waxed hurts a lot more than a tattoo....not that I've tried that. Too wimpy.

Comment

All I remember from my tattoo was the itching as it healed...but I think you can use salve to keep that to a minimum.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            All I remember from my tattoo was the itching as it healed...but I think you can use salve to keep that to a minimum.
            Where I live, the local tattooist (there are a lot of them actually) recommends pile ointment... honest!
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I am not a big fan of this tattoo thing. If it is like painting then it is fine but when you have to torture your body in order to get a tattoo that is just rediculous.
              Okay, so don't get a tattoo. Want a cookie?
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                Where I live, the local tattooist (there are a lot of them actually) recommends pile ointment... honest!

Yup, that's the best stuff for the itch.

I mean, like the tattoo itch, not the itch, or, whatever.

Comment

I totally respect your outlook and opinion on this matter. Not everyone wants to get body modification and that's an honorable decision, either way. But I do want to point (looks like Rowan sort of did) that not everyone will consider a permanent modification to one's body as 'torture'. I have two tattoos myself and I intend to get more in the future. I did not consider either tattoo to be torture in any form. In a way, I even considered them therapeutic. Sure, they were painful to varying degrees (one is b/w and the other is colored, both have shading) and both took a couple of hours to complete, so it wasn't a quick in-and-out but it also wasn't a several-session-deal for either. Looking back on my experiences, I do not regret the decision to get them and I really look forward to the next ones. In my opinion, when I undergo the procedure to get a tattoo (or piercing, which I also have several of) I don't feel like I'm torturing myself. And to be perfectly honest, no one else should feel like I'm being tortured because they aren't the one(s) that are feeling the needles, I am.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

You must have a low tolerance. That's all. I sat and had an 11 hour tattoo broke into 2 sessions of over 5 hours each. I got many other ones after that. No problem. Now if someone wants to torture me, I'll cry right away. But I was just fine.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have no tattoos... but I've made a few attempts at body modification... in particular, scarification.

Turns out that scarification (even if you scar easily, as I do) is tricky.

It turns out, however, that having someone carve a pattern in your flesh with a scalpel is far from "torture."... I'm thinking that a needle and some ink is trivial... but then, again... I've never tried it.
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        Okay, so don't get a tattoo. Want a cookie?
                        * ridiculous

You know, kind of like coming to a thread where these things are celebrated and then shitting all over them.
                        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

T-minus four days to a new tattoo

Mostly art.

Comment

Hi!

I don't have any pictures with my two tattoos (at the moment), but I will post them as soon as I make any. Like I said before, I have two tattoos - a caduceus tattoo and an owl tattoo.

Altough at first I wasn't interested in tattoos (most of my life), I got crazy about it lately and it became addictive. I choose my caduceus tattoo for the meaning. I wanted something that not also means healing, but also transformation. But also magic and protection. I think a caduceus means exactly that (from what I read on the internet and asked friends).

I have an owl tattoo, also because of the meaning and symbolism. It also means intelligence, protection and wisdom.

Comment

I got my face tattoo touched up todaymy face freshly touched up (1).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
                                I got my face tattoo touched up today[ATTACH=CONFIG]2905[/ATTACH]
                                I like it :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X