X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean R. R.
    replied
    Re: Gaming

Last year? Damn, that sounds too new. My potato laptop might not be able to run it.

EDIT:

Yeah, as I thought, minimum requirements are almost the double my laptop has.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

It's a couple years old. Basically you have your two factions (ascended and defiant) who are resurrected heroes from days of yore with more than one soul in their bodies and they're brought back to try and prevent the destruction of the world. So... the present is worldly destruction by the dragons and otherwise evil elemental spirits, but you're resurrected into the past to try and prevent it from happening.

You pick a role (tank, healer, dps, support), run around and kill things, do the quest/instance grind. The pvp is very popular, at least on my server, and raids are still a part of it.

What I like though is you have dyes for your wardrobe, you can show armor on yourself that isn't actually the armor you wear for the stats (so in case you get clown gear and don't like it), and you get personal dimensions- which are player housing realms you can buy, build, decorate, and share (or not) for rp or personal escape purposes.

A little bit of everything. There are elves, dwarves, kelari, bahmi, and some other races. Give it a look. It's not the same as WoW, but for me it does the trick until elder scrolls comes out.

Leave a comment:

• Sean R. R.
    replied

What is Rift about? How is it?

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Try Rift, it's f2p now. That's what's keeping me sane after those long days at work when I can't just sit still.

I used to be at that point with WoW where it was the only thing I was interested in playing, and then I logged on several months ago after a long break and decided it just isn't fun anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Aeran
    replied

Yeah I'm really not a fan of what they've done with WoW lately, Mists is a bit of a joke of an expansion imo, but I still found myself re-opening my account the other day to screw around, maybe get to 90. For whatever reason WoW just seems to scratch the MMO itch better than whatever else is out on the market atm. I was enjoying GW2 for a bit, but after a while it starts to feel really, I guess, sterile. Flat. Feels like they've focused so much on avoiding all of the things people complain about in MMO's that they've also removed all of the things that make them fun, it's got the basic form of an MMO, but inside it's boring, it doesn't engage, especially the faction pvp, which is a shame because that was the major selling point for me.

Leave a comment:

• Riothamus12
    replied

You know I have a hard time getting into MMOs. They all feel alike at some point to me.

Leave a comment:

• Maria de Luna
    replied

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Blizz sold out their spine in favor of the growing tween player-base. Their game is where the money is now, not the challenge or the quality. I was a sad bunny when they brought in Cata and destroyed my talent trees... But if they ever go f2p I'll maybe look at it again.
    Yeah, can no play wow no more... then pandas happened and I erased their memory from my computer.... they shall never fix It I imagine....

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Originally posted by qli View Post
    I used to play WoW but they ruined it. maybe they will fix it :P
    I seriously doubt it. Blizz sold out their spine in favor of the growing tween player-base. Their game is where the money is now, not the challenge or the quality. I was a sad bunny when they brought in Cata and destroyed my talent trees... But if they ever go f2p I'll maybe look at it again.

Leave a comment:

• qli
    replied

I used to play WoW but they ruined it. maybe they will fix it :P

Leave a comment:

• Thothur
    replied

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
    I had played from launch of Landroval, still pop on from time to time.
    I played on Meneldor and Imladris.

Leave a comment:

• callmeclemens
    replied

Originally posted by Thothur View Post
    Anyone here play LOTRO?
    I had played from launch of Landroval, still pop on from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• jcaternolo
    replied

Any recommendations for a good sandbox MMO? (preferably F2P) Tried Salem Online and it's too hardcore, might buy Eve Online though. And I might pump some money into Entropia Universe, although I heard that I need to put at least $100 into it to make it worth it.

Edit: I bought Folk Tale, and it seems pretty good so far. Only has the tutorial atm but it looks promising, and I can't wait for sandbox mode to be released.

Leave a comment:

• Thothur
    replied

Anyone here play LOTRO?

Leave a comment:

• dgirl1986
    replied

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
    Just visited Sovngarde in Skyrim, I hope in death I go somewhere like that.
    Its pretty freaking sweet

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X