What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you collect?

Books on various beliefs (Egyptian Book of the Dead, Book of Mormon, etc ) ... Buncha Wicca/Pagan healing, herbals, divination, etc ... etc ... etc ... Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh cards ... Picachu figurines ... Books and magazines on homesteading, frontiersmanship, raising animals, plumbing ... I believe one of the most important things is knowledge ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
      ... Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh cards ...
      We should hook up! My partner and I play pokemon TCG and periodically buy boxes of 36 booster packs. If you're ever after anything specific, you never know, I might have a spare lying around!

JP is into yugioh and plays online, but he doesn't buy the cards anymore. It's an expensive hobby, so he had to pick one or the other. Yugioh is a bit too complicated for me to get my head around, so he went for the game we could both enjoy.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

As far as Pokemon goes I have a compete original Team Rocket set with a the darks plus I REALLY REALLY REALLY like Picachu ... I have him in English, Japanese, Spanish and German ... And some pins ... And puzzle cards that the backs make a poster ... And a few misprint cards (Picachu with yellow cheeks) ... For Yu Gi Oh I am slowly putting together first edition and regular sets of Pharoahs Servant and of Pharonic Guardian ... And I collect Dragon cards and the Movie cards that you had to get at the theaters ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I collect most of the standard things that people seem to collect on here:

- Widowed Socks: I've given up on matching socks... I just grab two that are the same color and call it good

- Gemstones and Shells: I love quartz; I pick up random quartz the most out of anything else!

- Books: ...So many books... I have a lot of science fiction and fantasy type books, though my magik collection is quite large as well. I've been trying to switch to the digital variety to save space lately, but it's just not the same... My room is small so my closet ended up being 2/3 books and 1/3 actual clothes. I don't have much in the way of clothes, luckily, so there's more space for my books Someday I'd love to have an actual library type room where there's enough space to line my books up horizontally rather than pilling them in vertical towers...

I also collect:

- Necklaces:
          my parents like to do a lot of traveling around the world, so my mom will typically bring me back a necklace from places they visit. Also, every year I go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival with my friends and I tend to buy at least one necklace there.

-Woodwind/Flute Type Instruments:
          Various flutes, penny whistles, ocarinas, fifes and the like. I played the flute as a kid and have always had a fascination with instruments that make music from the wind...

- Chinese Worry Balls:
          My mom bought a set of these for a friend of her's when I was a kid. She took them out to show me how they worked before giving them away. I saw something like blue light when she was spinning them in her hand... I've been fascinated with them ever since. My mom gives me new ones for birthdays and Christmases sometimes too.

Comment

I collect a few things

Buttons: More along the lines of button pins rather than stuff on your shirts. I've got a pretty decent collection that rotates out on the trim of my hat.

Tarot Decks: My current collection is up to 9 decks, but I've got at least 6 others I have plans for once I've got money set aside I can justify spending it on.

Books: My love of books knows absolutely no end whatsoever. When the military moved our stuff from Texas to Florida, literally 35% of our total weight of stuff was *just* my books, and that's not including the stuff that I took with me and didn't put into storage. Art books, references, fantasy books, classics, textbooks

Art supplies: I literally have a room with a full closet, three desks, a chest of drawers, and a walk in spare room completely full with everything for my studio.....it's almost an unhealthy obsession according to some people lol
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
              As far as Pokemon goes I have a compete original Team Rocket set with a the darks plus I REALLY REALLY REALLY like Picachu ... I have him in English, Japanese, Spanish and German ... And some pins ... And puzzle cards that the backs make a poster ... And a few misprint cards (Picachu with yellow cheeks) ... For Yu Gi Oh I am slowly putting together first edition and regular sets of Pharoahs Servant and of Pharonic Guardian ... And I collect Dragon cards and the Movie cards that you had to get at the theaters ...
              I stopped collecting before team rocket came out. I have all the original set though, including jungle and fossil. I took a weekend job as a waitress just to fund my addiction.

As you can tell from the photos, the foils are sadly warping with age now. Age.. and probably too much damp at my mum's place. Moisture is an issue for a lot of these older buildings.

That chikorita you can just about make out on the left, is the only Japanese print card I have. I have a few 1st editions in the fossil cards, besides the machamp that only existed as a 1st edition.

These days we just collect to play. We have dumbed down decks for playing against one another (mainly because of the cost of putting together two complete competitive decks.. no one has that amount of battle compressors!!), but JP has two competitive decks in progress. One is complete, and the other is missing a few cards (and uses cards from the other decks of course.. so that these decks can't exist together). Our hope is to start travelling around the country next year and taking part in tournaments. We don't mind being creamed, but we'd like to at least have a deck that can roll with the punches!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I collect ekgs
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I seem to collect adult children. I don't go out of my way to do it, it just seems to happen.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                    What do you collect?
                    Dark blue Bristol glass - vases, bottles, candlesticks, brandy goblets, jars, tea light holders, bowls, plates, and a bell.

Pewter Wizzards and Dragons, and Porcelain flower fairies, Mermaids and Gnomes

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I think the only way to describe it would be 'little bits of odds and ends from the earth'. I'm constantly picking up acorns, seashells, little sticks, a flower, little pebbles, rocks, feathers, moss, what-have-you. My house (and car) are covered in them. I have the earth all over my house. I collect these things at home, when I travel, when I go for a walk - I love it when people mail me bits of the earth from their part of the world (ie: Thal sent me sassafras once, that was awesome and delicious)

It's an obsession, really.
                      I have a bottle of sand from Arizona and I think one from the Bahamas as well. I should send them both to you.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I now buy plain back no show socks. So even when I lose a single one, I just keep it till I lose another single one. And then I make a date with them. A nice dinner, perhaps a movie. See if they will make a good match. I'm a sock match maker!
                      I have a pile of matchless socks I call the "Single's Club". Every so often I go through them to see if one of them had their soul mate right there all along.

I collect a few things:

-Magic: The Gathering cards with artwork of angels.
                      -Marvel trade paperbacks
                      -Notebooks
                      -Stuffed cats (amazing that it's me that does this and not Gleb)
                      -Marvel figures and statuettes
                      -Feathers that I find randomly (I always take these to be signs from Uriel that he wants to say something to me).
                      -Books about religion and spirituality.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

In my "new posts" feed, this one is right above the thread titled "Migraines."

The statement is fairly accurate. Sometimes I collect migraines, albeit unintentionally.

Comment

I seem to collect phobias

I also collect books - I have 5 Cealing high bookcases full - and the overflow (mostly textbooks from uni) is in boxes - there are about 8 of them - I have over 1000 normal books and 1000 ebooks -and I've read most of them

Lame ducks that need help - no seriously the number of people who have become my friends and I've helped after walking up to them and going "Are you ok" or "You look like you could use some help" is staggering - I'm only 32 but at least 70 people I have become friends with through this and then helping them find themselves is staggering.

socks - mostly because my beagles steal a pair a month no matter how hard I try to stop 'em then they de-facto become chew toys

Comment

I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                            Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                            But that day you know I left my money
                            And I thought of you only
                            All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Posters here, my room is covered with them (I've got a bit of a 'all walls should be covered -obsession);

Postery pic.jpg

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

I have regular clear outs because I don't like accumulating lots of stuff. However I do have a nice rock collection gathered from here and there, they make great pets and are free!
                                Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                                Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                                And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                                Genesis lyric

Comment

Working...
                                X