X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help finding the name of a religion

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Is that like the one in the Tom Hanks movie "BIG"? I remember something like that is San Francisco's "Playland"
    It closed down in the 70's I think. Was a little off,it closed in 1966,and was considered the "Cony Island" of the west.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2807609.html
    Marie was a real person, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Castello
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      There's going to be an earthquake here within the next 30 minutes. Even I can do that. Seriously, through all your 'search' for religions, this one is seriously full of shit if you take a word that hack said in her life. But it doesn't matter. I give it another week before you give up on her. So it's all good.
      My belief isn't just based on Sylvia Browne's works, but it's based off actual scripture. Sylvia merely explained the parts unknown to us, that were destroyed or otherwise lost. Or should I say her spirit guide Francine did. And I know that a lot of Gnostic scripture is based on oral tradition from long lost scripture, but it does make sense. Most pagan religions have survived mostly due to oral tradition, but that doesn't make any of those religions any less real or valid.
      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
        Sylvia merely explained the parts unknown to us, that were destroyed or otherwise lost. Or should I say her spirit guide Francine did.
        This falls under UPG aka Unverified Personal Gnosis and it's sort of the issue. UPG is great as a guide for the person receiving it. It's great as a guide for people who trust the judgement of the person receiving it. However, if you're dealing with someone who thinks Sylvia is a hack and a con artist then what Sylvia relays to you from her spirit guide won't be accepted as a source. On that note, even if I were to accept that Sylvia has supernatural insight (don't know enough to comment one way or another and don't really care), I'm not gonna treat something as Scripture if it doesn't exist in a written format or have evidence of it's prior existence in written format with clues toward its contents. I might accept that Sylvia has insight and I might give that insight consideration but until such time as her personal gnosis becomes verifiable in some form or fashion (or I receive gnosis in agreement with it) it does not gain equivalence with things that can be verified.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

This sylvia chick told two parents their kidnapped kids were dead when they weren't, but its good, she said sorry afterall. J this is getting ridiculous and annoying, do yourself a favour and when you find a new path next week don't post right away looking for help. Settle in with something before being a outspoken convert, I'm not easy to anger but this is getting me there.
          Attached Files
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
            This sylvia chick told two parents their kidnapped kids were dead when they weren't, but its good, she said sorry afterall. J this is getting ridiculous and annoying, do yourself a favour and when you find a new path next week don't post right away looking for help. Settle in with something before being a outspoken convert, I'm not easy to anger but this is getting me there.
            *sigh* The work that she did, it's impossible to get things 100% right. People are so quick to jump on the back of others, in the name of justice. It's so easy to look at "the poor victims", but Sylvia was the only victim. She tried to help them, but her insight was wrong. Whatever she used, I'm sure it isn't a perfect art, nothing in this world is. And she was right about the children being kidnapped at least, and probably right about the location too, so yes, I do think she helped them, but they acted like entitled spoiled brats and demanded justice for a fictional wrong. (and the prospect of getting media attention influenced their decision as well, I'm pretty sure)

And I'm sorry if actually adjusting my spiritual beliefs when I learn new things bothers you. I cannot set my religion in stone. I'm not even religious, but I AM spiritual. I will continue to search for the truth, in whatever form it takes, and quite frankly, you cannot stop me, and I couldn't give a damn if it irritates you. I'm usually a calm person, but you and Medusa are annoying me with your constant snarky remarks of me changing spiritual views >.>

Edit: Also, Wikipedia? Seriously?

Comment

didnt you have another religion last week? and perhaps study your new religion in depth before posting . as for any help i honestly know very little about this religion . hope you find a religion that suits you .
              Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                didnt you have another religion last week? and perhaps study your new religion in depth before posting . as for any help i honestly know very little about this religion . hope you find a religion that suits you .
                Yeah, I did want to help the Celestia egregore achieve godhood, but then I found Mother Azna and Father Om. They are the only deities I need

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
                  And she was right about the children being kidnapped at least, and probably right about the location too, so yes, I do think she helped them, but they acted like entitled spoiled brats and demanded justice for a fictional wrong. (and the prospect of getting media attention influenced their decision as well, I'm pretty sure)
                  What kind of fuckwhatery are you talking about? I know you didn't just call the parents of these poor victims spoiled brats. Tell me you didn't say that.

*gets the claw sharpener. I'm about to take your ass to task kid. Seriously. Back up that statement.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    What kind of fuckwhatery are you talking about? I know you didn't just call the parents of these poor victims spoiled brats. Tell me you didn't say that.

*gets the claw sharpener. I'm about to take your ass to task kid. Seriously. Back up that statement.
                    I meant what I said. She tried her best to help them, then they go to the media and have the nerve to say she took advantage of them?! They could've said "her reading was wrong, but she probably meant well" or something. No, poor Sylvia got lambasted by the media. Nobody can help when a reading goes wrong, all they can do is apologize and try harder to make a more accurate reading. And the fact that she was at least partially right builds a strong case for her. This is why her site says that although readings are generally accurate, other people can influence events. For the most part, the future is set, but one can use a reading to minimize catastrophic circumstances, or possibly even avoid them. But alas, I don't think we'll ever agree. You take the side of the parents, while I take the side of the psychic who I honestly felt tried to help but slipped up. Two entirely different camps.

Comment

No, just no. I'm gonna save myself a migraine and several other people infractions and kill this now. Don't restart it. Don't take elements of it to other locations. Don't bitch. Just everyone find new topics.

NOW
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X