What would you tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you tell?

Take care of the people you care about, and the people who care about you, for its own sake. Don't do it for a reward after you die because you can't know that anything will happen for sure when you die, and isn't that a rather narcissistic approach to life? Do it because it makes the world a better place for everyone. This extends to not exacting disproportionate revenge on those who wrong you. Sometimes, people do bad things but aren't bad people, so think carefully and sometimes, let things slide, because no doubt you will, at times, do or say something out of character. It's not worth holding a grudge about is it? So be forgiving of the little things.

This all stems from my non-theistic non-fatalistic (don't know the opposite of fatalism) path that means you alone are responsible for your actions, nobody else. I am leaning to believe that some of the ancestors continue to exist after death and contribute to the maintenance of the world (the climatic cycles, the weather, etc) but do not actually control any life itself (ie you can't petition or request that they help you do better in your exams).
    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
    But that day you know I left my money
    And I thought of you only
    All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Re: What would you tell?

"It doesn't matter what I think, this other person thinks, or 2 billion people think about how spirituality has to work. All that matters is what works for you, speaks to you. If you find yourself having to ignore parts of other belief systems because you don't agree, there's no reason you have to stay with it."
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
      X