X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Originally posted by Djnn View Post
    Now im geared more towards a Pagan with Christian views.
    So an honest Catholic?
    Potius mori quam foedari!

Comment

Christian > Lutheran > Agnostic > Athiest > Pagan/Wiccan/Whatever the heck I am.

~Dressagegirl.19.Female.Student.Pagan~

Comment

Originally posted by dressagegirl View Post
        Christian > Lutheran > Agnostic > Athiest > Pagan/Wiccan/Whatever the heck I am.
        I feel the same way minus the Wiccan part.
        Potius mori quam foedari!

Comment

Protestant Christian --> Unsure as hell --> Happily Wiccan --> Happily generally Pagan. And, God willing, that's the end of my progression.

Comment

Raised in Christian school, never really felt connected to it > Agnostic > Tried to go to Christian church and still didn't feel a connection > Happily Wiccan (Still in an early/learning phase)

Comment

Raised pagan by my mother > Mother became born again >pushed hard as a young teen to be a Christian > anger Agnostic > sad Atheist > Pagan * Married * Left my pagan faith for my Christian bride > Left my wife b/c of her anger > back to my faith.

I mix of life and faith but as it is life and faith can go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by CttCJim View Post
                This was a popular thread in the Before. I'll kick it off.

Christian (Lutheran) -> Agnostic -> Wiccan -> Eclectic -> Kemetic

What's yours?
                Catholic > questioning Catholic finding inspiration in pre-Christian Irish roots > questioning Christian > whatever I am now. No name for my current path; perhaps it will lead me to something specific or perhaps not. It took over forty years to get from Catholic to whatever I am now. I have a set of beliefs that really don't fit neatly into any particular category at this point. Or perhaps they do, but I haven't yet found that match.

Comment

Was raised southern baptist, around 12 years old i started questioning my faith, became agnostic until I was about 15 and joined what I thought was an ok church, but looking back, I realize it encouraged me to shun and hate those who followed different faiths. So when my at-the-time boyfriend told me he was Wiccan, I split with him after we'd been together about 3 years. A year later I moved to Florida and stopped going to any church. At about 17 I became confused again and became agnostic again. by 20 I started becoming interested in other belief systems. I realized that my church had lied to me and taught me that all other religions were "evil" because they were associated with satan, no matter what they believed. I started researching Wicca and found it suited me. I don't necessarily call myself "Wiccan" or "Pagan". I just kinda follow my own path taking things from here and there and doing what I feel is best.

Comment

baptized as Christian (Lutheran) > Agnostic > Wiccan > Taoist > Hedgewitch

‎"Your imagination creates the inner picture that allows you to participate in the act of creation. It's the invisible connecting link to manifesting your own destiny." - Wayne Dyer

Comment

Raised heavy atheist and very skeptical of anything non logical or male energy based. Turned more towards psychology and emotional explanations for a while then moved onto studying religions. Recently attended a pagan festival and found more friends than I knew existed. Still getting started with all this but I think I'm onto something that may stick for life

Comment

Baptized Catholic, raised by my Christian mother, decided I was atheist at the age of 12. Became Wiccan about a year ago.

Comment

Raised Southern Baptist,eventually the fundamentalism drove me away from Christianity in general and I made some Taoist and Sikh friends which got me looking into different faiths. Eventually got into Druidism which evolved for me into getting into Celtic Reconstructionism which is what I happily am today.

Comment

raised in christian school ---> realizing that my mom had been wiccan once ----> wicca, what's that?? ---> oh, THAT is wicca, yeah i'm gonna be wiccan ---> no i'd rather be just pagan ---> wait, i love ancient cultures.... ---> my ancestors were vikings, norse mythology?? nah... ---> egyptian! egyptian! they'd called upon me!! ---> but.... aztec pantheon calls on me to??? ---> i have to choose.... ---> totally fell in love with the aztec deities! ---> i didn't choose the religion, the religion choosed me. i became what i am now; a kind of aztec reconstructionist!!

the end!!!
                            ~ flowers are our only garments
                            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Christian > agnostic > Methodist > Agnostic > Wiccan > Mormon > Eclectic with a leaning towards Nature.
                              I've done a lot of self discovery. When I was little my mother was raised by a Catholic but when she was old, had herself baptised into a Lutheran church. Growing up, though we never went to church, she read me the bible as a small child however. When she married, my step-father took me to Catholic church but I was still young and didn't follow. and very much believed that when we died we just rotted in the ground. In 8th grade my friend took me to a Methodist church and I went for a while and became baptised but the people there were awful to me as I was going through a very alternative phase. (I was a skatebaorder and into punk music), so I turned my cheek to god. I started looking into the ways of nature and the Goddess then, I never practiced as my mother told me I had to learn before I could do anything and I took it to heart, she was very accepting. So I studied off and on for years. Periods of extreme studiousness interjected by periods filled by lack of anything. Then, a couple years after my husband and I married, I thought I'd give one more shot at church, just to make sure I was on the right path, he grew up Mormon though had left after he had a son with his ex-fiance out of wedlock. (that child is my everything and has been a major part of my since he was one.) Let's just say, it didn't work out and I've been on an eclectic magickal path ever since.
                              I see LOVE where others see only WEEDS

Comment

Mormon -> unsure -> began to see all religions in the form of a puzzle-> Omnitheist-> Leviathanial Omnitheis>>>Believer->studier -> devout practice -> revealed personal attachment to multiple pantheons -> path tests -> ritual scribe
                                When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, the force simply gets redirected and the object wins

Comment

Working...
                                X