No announcement yet.

Your partner's response to your path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your partner's response to your path?

Caelia-
    My current partner is pretty cool with it. In the past others found it something a bit fashionable until they found it was a true belief for me. Then it made them uncomfortable.
    Yes, I can empathize with the discomfort the subject can cause in a partner if they aren't very openminded about it. I'm glad you've found somebody whose more comfortable with your religious commitments.

Anu-
    I actually met someone who I like quite a bit since I posted this... the only problem is he thrives off mocking the religious.
    Oh, that's a tough one. In my opinion and experience, it's better to get the potentially sticky subjects out of the way early to avoid getting in too deep with a person who is fundamentally incompatible. I hope things work out for you!
    "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
    Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

Re: Your partner's response to your path?

Were you *insert path* before you met them or did you convert after the relationship started?

Well, that's a funny thing. I was Wiccan when we met, then my bf started telling me about Traditional Witchcraft and Asatru, so I looked into that and ended up on the path I'm on now.

Is your partner also *insert path* or something else?

He's Asatru, and technically so am I, but I'm on the Anglo-Saxon side while he's Viking. He's worshipped the Norse gods since he was very young. (Trust me, he even looks like a stereotypical Viking. XD)

Do/did you experience any difficulties over your choice?

Nahh. He's happy as long as I'm happy.

Which is nice, as my exes were either indifferent, thought it was a load of crap, or decided I was mental. Or all three. XD

Are they supportive?

Yup!

Are you happy with the current dynamics or do you wish their response was different?

The only thing I'd like to do is to actually do a rite with him. But we both feel a bit awkward about that atm lol, as we're both so used to being solitary. We do spells and things for each other if one of us needs help though. ^_^
      "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

Working...
      X