Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thousands of Blackbirds falling from the sky

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=1335.msg26743#msg26743 date=1294145760]
    Two fairly common things happen on a slightly larger than normal scale, in the same region and rather than "hmmm, lets wait to find out if there may have been a common cause and what it was, or if they were two separate events", the first thing that pops into mind is "ZOMG! Conspiracy theory!"?

[/quote][quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=1335.msg26758#msg26758 date=1294155028]
    That's because everybody knows that the government is up to something slinky. Don't you remember how, when you were in the Navy, they sent you through that time portal, and you ended up being your own great grandma? How can you have forgotten that already?

[/quote]

Ha, ha you guys....

I know, and I'm usually one of the first to poke fun when something starts to sound like we should all get out the tinfoil hats.

This pushes some buttons for me, though...the damage that was done to Utah as stop #1 of radiation fallout for the better part of 50 years is one of those things that people don't discuss much. There are pockets all over, though, with unusually high incidences of rare disease. This is what the government is actually willing to say about it, however the pattern took clouds over SLC or other major Northern Utah cities several times. If the people of western states weren't exposed enough, it was often the patriotic thing to do to go put out lawn chairs and watch the mushroom clouds if you lived close enough--something the government did nothing to stop.

I don't think it's a coincidence that an elderly friend of my family who was dragged out as a child to watch that was found to have zero ability to make red blood cells as a teen, and has been on all sorts of medication and treatments her entire life. Or take my inlaws, who grew up in a city that had recorded fallout clouds pass over it when they were in-utero, and then again when they were 5. Both have horrible heath problems, which, if they had lived one county over, where people were recording their sheep dropping over dead with strange skin issues, would have qualified them as "downwinders".

Then there are accounts of military personnel who were injected with radioactive materials in the 50's, and provided medical care for themselves their spouses, and the children they were trying to conceive, etc, etc, etc...

The list goes on and on....not to mention that the testing didn't actually end entirely until the 90's, and Utah has some of the most lax laws for environmental damage by major companies (such as mining) in the nation. More then half of the kids I knew growing up, who remained in Utah their entire childhood, have thyroid problems.

I don't think you can trust the American government to not use it's subjects as guinea pigs in the name of the "greater good".

*Gets off her soapbox, puts on her tinfoil hat, and stands in the corner.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

There's some old story about an enhanced rhinovirus having been sprayed in the NYC subways in the 1960's, too. I tend to believe that one, since I was there a lot at that time and have some respiratory issues.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=1335.msg26763#msg26763 date=1294157793]
        This pushes some buttons for me, though...the damage that was done to Utah as stop #1 of radiation fallout for the better part of 50 years is one of those things that people don't discuss much. There are pockets all over, though, with unusually high incidences of rare disease. This is what the government is actually willing to say about it, however the pattern took clouds over SLC or other major Northern Utah cities several times. If the people of western states weren't exposed enough, it was often the patriotic thing to do to go put out lawn chairs and watch the mushroom clouds if you lived close enough--something the government did nothing to stop.[/quote]

But... was there a conspiracy? See, Deseret, the thing is - if people were putting lawn chairs out to watch the mushroom clouds as an act of patriotism, doesn't that mean they knew what was going on - at least roughly?

The problems with fallout were largely unanticipated - there had never been anything like these bombs before, and nobody really knew what the effects of fallout blowing over the countryside would be like. That took bad experience to learn. Even as late as the 60's President Kennedy was seriously looking at plans to use nuclear bombs to blast through mountains for highway projects (http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/PN...ns-inf126.html.

There's a difference between a conspiracy and a big freakin' mistake.

But... there have been some bad things "the government" has done - the syphilis studies where African-American men were purposely left untreated, MKULTRA, etc. But it's always best to look at evidence first, then make accusations after.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's not a great mystery. It was actually suicide, after hearing that Miley Cyrus was going to release a new album.
          [4:82]

Comment

i did try and post this at 7am here this morning, but through varying conspiracies and extra gravity this morning it wouldn't work :

If any of you saw Flash-Forward, the results of the experiment there was the deaths of thousands of crows.

That aside, and taking into account the unusual weather as well, i wonder if there was some sort of cloud seeding experiment, or attempt at weather control. This may also explain why Fish are dying too, the chemicals used would fall as rain, may be harmless to larger animals like sheep, cattle, humans etc that would take water from the water table, but the water would filter into rivers, lakes and into the sea.

M

ETA: woot it posted this time (looks suspiciously around)
            In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

My boss is convinced this plus all the bad weather are signs of the end of the world. She's got her prayer candles lit and everything.

I'm not sure what I think. Avian version of Heaven's gate maybe?
              It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

okay checkin out google maps. Arkansas State University is in Beebe, Arkansas, which is where the birds were found.

theres also a campus at the not too far Little Rock Air Force Base. It would of been easy for them to take studies at the AFB to test out in Beebe. same university, smaller town. but not too far from home to where an actual trip would need to be made. its only a 30minute drive.

Ozark, where the fish died is about 1 hour from Fort Chaffee, said to not currently house any active units, and is a training facility.... here's a picture:

anyone have a map that shows affected area of the fish? because part of the government land that fort chaffee is on has the river going right through it that leads right up to Ozark.

"Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Just read http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/04/50...1_lnk5%7C34503.

More birds found dead in Louisiana and the birds in Arkansas apparently died from blunt trama ???

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=1335.msg26767#msg26767 date=1294159522]
                    But it's always best to look at evidence first, then make accusations after.
                    [/quote]

You mean...like that "missile" that was launched a couple months ago?
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm going to make my parrot wear a helmet. ;D
                      sigpic

Comment

http://inteltrends.wordpress.com/201...es-mass-death/

One story making the rounds.....
                        sigpic

Comment

I think they are all running in to cloaked Klingon ships.....

it's pretty weird that's for sure :P
                          What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Cloaked Klingon ships...love it!!

And now from the other side of the world - dead fish in New Zealand...
                            http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/819...-on-nz-beaches
                            sigpic

Comment

The planes were just doing a cleanup job ... Bleach and ammonia ...

Sure it does, but not for your walls, floors, or tile... A friend of mine did it, and lived to tell the tale. Doug was in the Army, cleaning up after KP...
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

@Hawkfeathers post.
                                Huh, I hadn't seen that report. Well obviously i'm not the only one that thinks the goverment is up to something.
                                @MagusJinx
                                I like the quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X