Thousands of Blackbirds falling from the sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thousands of Blackbirds falling from the sky

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=1335.msg26758#msg26758 date=1294155028]
    Don't you remember how, when you were in the Navy, they sent you through that time portal, and you ended up being your own great grandma? How can you have forgotten that already?

[/quote]

Uh... I somehow ended up being my own grandpa.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Hey, hey, hey....it's not just happening in America: Sweden, too, looks like the same thing. BBC's saying it's fireworks.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=1335.msg26988#msg26988 date=1294295674]
        Hey, hey, hey....it's not just happening in America: Sweden, too, looks like the same thing. BBC's saying it's fireworks.
        [/quote]

If it's fireworks, how come this doesn't happen every fourth of July, Guy Fawkes' Day or New Years, not to mention all the times Asian communities set off fireworks? Or Disneyland? Besides, there were no fireworks in Sweden at the time of the bird deaths.

I dunno what it is, as I'm not an ichthyologist or ornithologist, and I'm not going to start firing up the conspiracy machine... but it's disturbing and weird.

Comment

Sweden too? Was there electromagnetic anomalies of somekind, or lightning?

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=1335.msg26999#msg26999 date=1294306864]
            If it's fireworks, how come this doesn't happen every fourth of July, Guy Fawkes' Day or New Years, not to mention all the times Asian communities set off fireworks? Or Disneyland? Besides, there were no fireworks in Sweden at the time of the bird deaths.
            [/quote]

Well, fish and bird kills are actually pretty common (from a rare event point of view)--for a whole rash of reasons, man-made and naturally occuring...and just usually don't make the national news.

Also...if you think about it--for there to be *that* many dead birds raining down in a urban/suburban/rural community (where people will notice them, as opposed to some fields or woods where scavengers/decomposition gets them), you have to have a giant flock of birds in the exact place where people would be shooting off fireworks. Massive flocks are generally a fall/winter phenomenon. In the spring/summer flocking birds disperse to breed and raise their young. And, well...the entire sky isn't just filled with flocks of birds since they are pretty mobile. Then you have to have a slow enough news week for the media to bother picking the story up.

ETA: I'm sort of ambivilent about fireworks as the actual cause, I'm just saying that its as likely as anything else at this point (exccept for aliens, etc), and there are reasons for this not necessairly happening every time someone shoots off a bottle rocket.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Fish died in Brazil, too.
              I'm curious to see if there will be any significant earthquakes in the upcoming weeks. Precursors to these can release gasses from within the earth that can be harmful to birds/fish, etc.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This is bigger than I thought it was, isn't it? And more complicated, too. I caught a few of the reports from all over the globe, and I saw that fish were dying by the millions, and birds dropping out of the sky all over the country, from Arizona to Louisiana to Indiana and Kentucky. It never even occurred to me that it was a government conspiracy, but I immediately thought pollution or some other issue, something we know is a problem.

I have a lot of articles to read!

Comment

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=1335.msg27014#msg27014 date=1294320530]
                  Fish died in Brazil, too.
                  I'm curious to see if there will be any significant earthquakes in the upcoming weeks. Precursors to these can release gasses from within the earth that can be harmful to birds/fish, etc.
                  [/quote]

I never thought of that, but you're right, and it will be interesting to see if we get one.

this is getting weirder by the day...
                  What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=1335.msg26765#msg26765 date=1294158634]
                    There's some old story about an enhanced rhinovirus having been sprayed in the NYC subways in the 1960's, too. I tend to believe that one, since I was there a lot at that time and have some respiratory issues.
                    [/quote]
                    They did the same thing here in Detroit in the late 1950's and early 1960's. The goverment released " low doeages "of chemical agents on the general population to "test" the effects on people.

That missle launch has intrested me since I heard about it. Never seen anything buried so fast.

When I was in the army back in the mid 1970's we were orderd to report to a building, once there we were given a series of injections but not told what it was. Years later I found out we were given the swine flu vaxcine at 3 times the doseage to test the effects. This was before it was released for use on the public.
                    Anybody mind if I use the wheel?
                    Sorry about any spelling errors as I'm on the old wood burning P.C. and spell check won't work

Now were did I put that tin foil?
                    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Dark says he blames the supercollider. I say global warming. "We didn't listen!"

^_^

Comment

If wikileaks would still be online, we would all know it by then :P
                        Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

ok, since i don't find the merge button, i'll just double post.

Ever thought about that chemical fabric who burned 2 days
                          chemical stuff ish bad stuff for environment, especialy when burned.
                          Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

Here is an artical with the necropsy results from the birds in sweden. Apparently they died of internal bleeding due to some kind of impact trauma

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/eu...ex.html?hpt=T2

Not related to the dead animals but strange none the less. The Victoria river turned bright green!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/12...-bright-green/

Comment

Ya know, in novels (and crackpot writing) conspiracies can be made to look really good because a big part of the author's job is to show a series of events which tell a story.

Reality, however, is different.

When we observe reality, we see only tiny fragments of all that is going on. The parts we see are a random assortment of bits and pieces of a much larger whole. Our minds want to make sense of them, though, so we tend to mentally string them together into a coherent narrative. The coherence is usually an illusion (correlation mistaken for cause) - to know the truth, we have to look very closely at the events and learn a lot more about the actual connections (if any) between them.

Back in the 80's (or was it the 90's? I fergit) when the TV game show Wheel of Fortune was popular, somebody noticed that when the showoff girl, Vanna White, wore a short skirt, the Dow Jones average went up. When she wore a long skirt, the average went down. Was there a connection?

Hmmm... you tell me...

If I burn a tire on Wednesday, and a bunch of dead salmon wash up on the beach on Thrusday, did the buring tire cause it?

Hmmm... you tell me...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Now it's turtle doves in Italy:

Comment

Working...
                                X