WHY did you join PF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHY did you join PF?

I was interested in Wicca at the time and I met an old member of staff who lives near me. He introduced me to the site and that was that. Been here ever since, X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I joined because Medusa invited me. And I just wanted to be around her.
      I stayed though because of how nice people here were.
      [4:82]

Comment

lol i think i went into that ask a witch chat a couple times when I was just startin out fluffy... about 12 years old. lol.

yeah didnt learn much from there.
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I was googling information on crystals, when PF came up in the search. I joined, but didnt post for a good few months, I can't remember what prompted me to come back and start posting. And as many have said its the members (adopted family) that have kept me coming back. There's been two periods over the last 6years (nearly) where i've left, each time i came back you all welcomed me with open arms

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            :::runs screaming into the void ::: Aaaaaghhhh!!!!

It always bothered me. Why did they call it 'Ask a Witch' when they never wanted anyone to answer any questions about witchcraft?
            That sounds like the MO they followed over in the Life AAW room. Ours was under Special Interests and had a few of us that were always happy to help out or answer questions. We also had a very nasty habit of treating SNERTs like kindling. I miss some of those people, from there, a lot: Ciche, Quilty, Methany (and SIS), BadMoonRising, Emmy (EmeraldStarWolf, we just called her 'Emmy') and so many more.

EarthPlay, Etherknight, Mysticwitch, Bee and a few of others, from the Life AAW, were kind of the main impetus behind our creating the room Unruly Witches - because we just weren't fluffy enough for their tastes.

I can still quote the most common claim, though, from so many of the SNERTs: "Yeah? My grandmother was the Blair Witch!" This was in the days before there was such a thing as banning.

In any case, the discrepancies between the two AAW rooms, and the need for Unruly, were the whole reason we wanted to start our own website. No bullshit. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone is on the same playing field. No flame wars. No bigotry. Just people being treated fairly and respectfully. And people aren't ever judged by the color of their cyber-aura! *vomit*

*HOWEVER! I was mistaken, in my 'long story'. ChildofRaven's site is still up and still "alive", so to speak. It took me a long time to remember his name and the name of the site. I just haven't been active there, at all, since 2006. Man. I miss CoR, too!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Just wanted to interject this after reading Chain's post - it is truly amazing what can happen online. A few years back I was very active in some forums and when I decided to look for a different state to live in, someone told me about this little town they used to live in....one thing led to another and that little town is now my home. I never would have heard of it otherwise.
              I'm glad I found this board. You might just be stuck with me for a while.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I was looking around for a decent Pagan forum for a while, something with people that were honest, open and would answer questions properly. I stumbled into a few in the UK that were very much "Pagan is Wicca" oriented and so fluffy and sweet my teeth ached.
                Eventually i found this place in a Google search and popped in a few times to look around, eventually joined, left, came back but didn't post much. Then after the great crash of 2010 i came back and started posting proper like.

I find the people here are genuine, i consider all of you as friends and good ones at that. I stuck around because everyone respects everyone else, although there are disagreements, they are just that and no malice is intended

M
                In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

If I remember right, I was a member of a Wiccan forum that was filled with egotistical jerks - a group of people that had forgotten that they were all new at some point, too. I came here to get away from that. I was looking for a place where the conversation went beyond beginner topics, but where beginners weren't mocked and all made out to be 'fluffies.'
                  Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I don't remember why I joined. I remember a friend of mine (TB) telling me about it and that I should check it out. So I did. Why I ultimately decided to join? I haven't a clue anymore.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Looking for kindred spirits.

Comment

Because I like to see different people's views on things
                        "Everyone and everything around you is your teacher." -- Ken Keyes Jr.

Comment

I started because i want to learn new things and have new ideas. I also don't have many people around me that have the same beliefs as me.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by TearDropStar View Post
                            Because I like to see different people's views on things
                            That's the best thing about this forum. So many people with different views, everyone is either teaching or learning or both.

Comment

I joined because I don't get to talk to fellow pagans where I live. Well, I don't get to talk to ACTUAL Pagans. All I have here are whiny little pre-teens who are just trying to rebel from their parents, who don't even know what they're claiming to be.
                              I guess to sum it up, I wanted to talk to people who actually knew what they were talking about. :]
                              "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                              nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                              As blending the Light with the Dark
                              merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

[/COLOR]
                                Originally posted by XIII View Post
                                I don't get to talk to ACTUAL Pagans. All I have here are whiny little pre-teens who are just trying to rebel from their parents, who don't even know what they're claiming to be.
                                :]
                                lol i know what you mean, there are only a bunch of people doing the same thing. " I am a white witch of third level" etc.
                                Last edited by ceragonstarfire; 13 Feb 2011, 10:58.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
                                X