WHY did you join PF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHY did you join PF?

I joined because my former hangout has had a major turnover of members in recent years and I didn't feel like I fit in or had much to say there anymore. I found this place while poking around the internet over my holiday break in December and you all seem like a nice, sensible bunch so I thought I'd give it a shot.
    "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
    Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ceragonstarfire View Post
      [/COLOR]

lol i know what you mean, there are only a bunch of people doing the same thing. " I am a white witch of third level" etc.
      bah! I'm such a high rank your puny human mind cant conceive a number for it.
      "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I joined because the other members offer some great intellectually stimulating conversations!
        Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I was looking for a pagan community to post at and I found this crowd to be really intellectual, generally more international and overall pretty cool!

Comment

I joined because I had just had a long-term relationship end, I lost the condo we'd bought, and I had just been for crippling knee surgery - and I was at a bit of a loss spiritually.

No seriously, that really did happen all in the same month.

Mostly art.

Comment

I generally try to have an account with one or two forums that deal with paganism or magical practice (I tend to find them together for some reason ). The preceding forums that I had accounts with died and Paganforum didn't overly irritate me when I came across it looking for a replacement.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I put Pagan Forum into google and it was top of the list. Had a look around and it seemed a lot less fluffy/bitchy than other forums I had been part of so I thought I would give it a go. So glad I did cause I am really loving being part of such a great group
                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I joined because I felt/feel like my knowledge was/is so limited and basic. I wanted to prove to myself and others that the pagan community isn't just a group of gothic/emo creeper kids killing chickens in their basements (not that I ever thought that...) I desperately needed companionship and to learn how to come out of the broom closet to my family/friends. I wanted a place that I could be 100% me. I found it. As lame as this may sound to some... without this forum I don't know what I would do.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                    I enjoyed reading the "when" thread from Chain -- but what about why you joined? What was it that made you make a profile and add your 2 cents?
                    Simply I don't have anyone else to discuss this stuff with and I was curious as to other people's views and ideas.

Comment

WHY did you join PF?

Well - why not?

Comment

I lost sight of my faith, my wife and i lost a child and months later i left my wife b/c of her anger. Now im here. I find it comfy to be around like minded people in times of need.

(Her anger was towards me, and i left her b/c of her hitting. Not b/c we lost a child and she became angery.)
                        Last edited by DustinHayden; 17 Jun 2012, 18:49.

Comment

My spiritual beliefs have been evolving over the past few years and I felt more inspired by pre-Christian Celtic spirituality than by anything else. I found the site when Google searching for various subjects, lurked a bit, and decided it felt right and joined.

Also, I thought that it would be nice to interact with people instead of just reading material and drawing conclusions in a vacuum.

Comment

I joined because I wanted to learn more. Lately I've had this thirst for knowledge that just can't be quenched by what I was getting from books and friends - I want to learn as much as I possibly can! I also wanted to be able to ask questions that I can't ask my friends, I just have to work up the guts to ask them, haha.

~Dressagegirl.19.Female.Student.Pagan~

Comment

Working...
                            X