Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Are you aware there are only 109 more days till Christmas?!
    Yay!

*goes to Photobucket to find my LOLcat santa pic*

Comment

Well I am now XD
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

What is your favorite myth?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Pandora (and not the sissy woman-hating version by Hesiod)
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I love the Coyote stories in Native American cultures. Especially the ones about his prodigious and free-spirited genitalia. :devil:
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              I love the Coyote stories in Native American cultures. Especially the ones about his prodigious and free-spirited genitalia. :devil:
              I remember one of the Coyote myths where he ends up with a woman and her two daughters with teeth in their vaginas, and a penchant for eating penii...it was so crazy, and pretty amusing, but I'm pretty sure its not PG enough for the main forum
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                I remember one of the Coyote myths where he ends up with a woman and her two daughters with teeth in their vaginas, and a penchant for eating penii...it was so crazy, and pretty amusing, but I'm pretty sure its not PG enough for the main forum
                One I will always remember is how Coyote's parts get up & walk off, & land in patches of poison ivy or brambles & end up getting 'saved' by a woman with ointment... so all men have this itch only a woman can scratch :P

But yeah, most of the Coyote 'Richard' tales are a little more NC-17.

Comment

Oy!!!

There's so many wonderful tales that I seriously enjoy, over and over. Endless. I don't think I have a favorite, actually.

Unless you count, as a myth, life having meaning.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I've put a lot of my favorites over in the Fairytale thread.

I read a LOT of Greek and Norse myth books growing up...it might actually be easier to say which ones bothered me. The way people tell Freya getting Brisingamen, for example, bugged the heck out of me, even as a small child.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I like the one where Apollo's lover Hyacinthus was killed by a jealous rival, so Apollo turned the dead boy into the hyacinth flower.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        I like the one where Apollo's lover Hyacinthus was killed by a jealous rival, so Apollo turned the dead boy into the hyacinth flower.
                        This is actually one of my favorites too.
                        Hyacinth was a beautiful boy who was loved by both the sun god Apollo and the west wind Zephyrus. One day Apollo and Hyacinth were throwing discus. Zephyrus was jealous that Hyacinth preferred the radiant archery god Apollo, Zephyrus blew Apollo's discus off course, so as to injure and kill Hyacinth. When he died, Apollo didn't allow Hades to claim the boy; rather, he made a flower, the hyacinth, from his spilled blood. According to Ovid's account, the tears of Apollo stained the newly formed flower's petals with ai, ai, the sign of his grief. The flower of the mythological Hyacinth has been identified with a number of plants other than the true hyacinth, such as the iris
                        This just makes me so sad. Another favorite is the murder of Osiris and Aset reviving him.
                        Circe

Comment

The saga of Isis' search for Osiris.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Depends on whether you think it's a myth or not, but on the assumption that most of what we know about it is false, I'm going to say King Arthur. But not the PG rated for Disney one, the real one.

Mostly art.

Comment

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
                                Working. Of course. Like I ever do anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X