X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Pardon my French.

Fuck Trophies.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Some people (actually, quite a few people) just think kids are 'things', 'possessions', 'chattel'. It's not all that unusual. Look at the Duggars or the Quiver-full movement.

Not saying that it's right, or that you shouldn't have hit him (just, you know, a few times for being an insensitive selfish prick), but the attitude is out there and it's been out there for a long time.

That whole passing-on-of-genes thing is one of the many reasons I chose not to have children. Given my family's wobbly mental stability, abusiveness, overall poor parenting skills, tendency towards substance abuse, heart conditions and our stunning good looks, I didn't think that it would be fair to pass that crap on to children who had no say in the matter.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Perze, I think that is beautifully considerate of you. Not that I agree with your decision, mind you, but just that I am very proud of the amount of thought and reality that was assessed before making any decisions, whatsoever. It's that conscious decision that I support. Everyone has their opinion but not every opinion needs to be vocalized, considering the audience.

The vastest majority of the slime we share this planet with seem to make rash decisions. Coming to conclusions with little or no thought at all. I feel it's mostly those same paramecium-brained pond scum that feel that their opinion is superior to all others and therefor only their opinion is deserving the defense of "everyone is entitled to their opinion." Interesting that nobody even has to question their right to HAVE that opinion before they flip that defense out, usually in full view of the people they are SO inconsiderate of, saying it's their right.

Yup. Everyone has the right to make a complete fool of themselves. Everyone has the right to speak bucketloads of abusive alternatives to raising less-than-perfect children. Everyone has the right to be an asshole, of the highest order. They even have the right to insult our dead relatives' memory.

What's missing is my right to defend the honor, the value, the RESPECT of these people that have been deemed chattel, and easily replaced by just fucking some more, and making a replacement, by ridding the world of such an obvious cancer. A malignant tumor, spreading it's ill-effects everywhere it can reach, up to and including propagating. Metastasized.

And a classic, prime even, example of why I possess such contempt for society and, in fact, the species, as a whole. There is nothing to be done. His children will not be receiving a decent education. My fight against bigotry, racism and hate, my never-ending struggle to achieve equality, communication and understanding meets an infectious dead end that possesses a guaranteed right to reproduce. And further spread it's asinine devaluation of life, disrespect of elders and near criminal view of disposable children.

As a parent, I am more than unhinged. As a person, I am sadly losing hope in HUMANITY. As a man, I feel I should have put that piece of shit in the hospital, at the very least - but was "forced" (begged, actually) to walk away. The Heathen in me is SCREAMING for blood. In the most painful and torturous way, possible. The "law abiding citizen" in me just crawls further back into his cave, to hide from the atrocity that is humankind.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

What are 3 things you DON'T want to know?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I don't want to know the intimate details of people's private lives. Who puts what where with whom is all very interesting for the people involved, but I'm not involved.

I don't want to know the length of your biggest turd (yes, I have actually had a person tell me this... It seems like an ill thing to keep track off)

I don't want to know what you do with your money or finances, unless you've bought something cool and want to show it off, in which case, I'm all there for you.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm with Corbin in the bodily function arena. I don't want to know about what's up someone else's butt. I don't want to know what's up my butt. I don't want to know about anything coming out of an animal's or baby's butt. If it came out of a butt, I don't want to know about it.

I don't want to know what's in fast food that I am eating, and I definitely don't want to know about it while I'm eating it.

I don't want to know how the book I'm reading or the movie I'm watching ended. If you've read or seen it, that's cool for you. Keep it to your self.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't want to know how hard your life is. Especially when you are saying that it's harder than mine. The difficulty is all based on perspective.

I don't want to know about your eighth cousin five times removed that has that one thing sort of in common with a situation that I'm going through.

I don't want to know why you think that my religion/philosophy/lifestyle is incorrect. I can tell that you disapprove, and it obviously hasn't stopped me.
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

I thought this was going to be an easy one. I've had to come back to it a half dozen times, already, and I think this time, I'll actually post.

I don't want to know the date, time and method of my death.

I don't want to know if any more of my kids will be dying before me.

I don't want to know about ANY of my friends' and family's premature deaths, until they happen. *And may I be gone long before them.

Comment

I don't want to know the future.

I don't want to know graphic details of anyone's sex life.

I don't particularly want to know the thoughts and experiences of genocide victims in any greater detail than I already do.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't want to know about the sex life of my parents. EVER.

I don't want to know about my boyfriend Dumuzi 'blowing up' the bathroom.

I don't want to know the religious status of Hugh Jackman. Because I found out it's akin to some wonky stuff. And that would just freak me out to find out he's all coocoo in the head like that.

Comment

I don't want to know about my friends digestive issues (eww)
                        I don't want to know about the relationship issues of my boyfriend's roommates. Its bad enough I have to hear them through thin walls!
                        I don't want to know what happens after death. Leave it as one last great mystery.
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I don't want to know about the person you hooked up with last night.

I don't want to know about your constant dramatic, unnecessary, childish confrontations with other people.

I don't want to know what it's like to face torture, deadly disasters, or the end of the world.
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

I don't want to know anything about your hygiene rituals or anything like that

I don't want to know anything about anyone else's sex life

I don't want to know what happened in your tiny insignificant life that made you think I care about what you did last night with who, because I really don't care
                            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I don't want to know how I'll die.

I REALLY dont want to know about other people's bodily functions. At all.

I do not want to know what makes this yummy fast food so good.
                              It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                              -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

What do you call your private area? Does it have a nickname?

Comment

Working...
                                X