Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    Working. Of course. Like I ever do anything else.
    Awe that was me when I worked retail. I believe our bowling alley is closed or opens early on Thanksgiving. Either way, it's my normal day off. I was invited to a dinner at a co-worker's house. He and his family throw a big dinner for those who don't have a place to go. Though I'm still thinking of just taking my mom to Marie Calender's. She really enjoyed it last year! While everyone was rushing about. We were sitting enjoying a big dinner we didn't have to cook or clean up after.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^ Very cool. We'll probably have a potluck
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
        Apparently the Halfway Home for Single Sailors is back in operation...we have about 6-8 coming over for dinner.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Probably going all over town to the homes of various family members to eat their food. I never bother making a Thanksgiving dinner at home yet because there are so many leftovers we get sent home with that it would be pointless.

Comment

I don't know when it is :P I'm Scottish!
            One day I will come to the States and one of you can educate me! x
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

A large convergence of family at my parents' home to which I will bring plenty of sanity-inducing wine. Maybe a flask of whiskey for good measure.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Tell us one of your punishments as a child.

*smokes pipe while you sit on mah couch...

Comment

Plenty of "whoopings" -- you know, spare the rod etc.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Is that the QotD?

My father smacked me over the head with a broom-handle because I wouldn't leave a potted plant alone. For such a big man, he could move very, very quietly.

People think it's funny that I'm extremely jumpy. They just don't understand...
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

We don't celebrate thanksgiving in Denmark. Unfortunately....
                      ~ flowers are our only garments
                      only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Aside from the occasional ass-whooping, I would get grounded. Generally meaning that I had to stay in the yard.

Quasi-humorous anecdote: one summer, my dad grounded me for the ENTIRE summer. Since he was 'on the road' during the week, my mom would take me out of town, to her parents' lake cabin or farm. I spent the entire summer grounded to the yard and very, VERY rarely was I even home.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I rarely got in trouble, actually. I was always the observant one and saw my older sister get in trouble. Grounding us didn't really help because we lived on a farm outside of town and there really weren't any other kids (other than the ONE neighbors' kids) to play with and they had their own thing going. I got my tush whooped a couple of times, but aside from that... I didn't really get in trouble.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My mom made me eat soap once.

Comment

My mom made me eat soap once.
                              Wow, w-why??
                              ~ flowers are our only garments
                              only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
                                Wow, w-why??
                                That's a common punishment in North America (perhaps not NOW, but back when we were kids) for swearing. "If I catch you swearing ONE MORE TIME, I will put soap in your mouth"

soap cleans out the filthy words. apparently.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X