Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is the absolute quickest way to get on your bad side?
    Stupidity and ignorance. I don't mean that everyone should know about or be interested in everything, but the majority of the human race seems content to waltz throught life blindfolded and with cotton in their ear. And should the horror of horrors occur and the ignorance fail for even a second one can always put some mindless reality show on until an acceptable level of stupidity is attained once more.

Also what Hawkfeathers said. Being nice and friendly does not make me a pushover. My paws might be soft, but I still have claws. Hack me off and you'll feel them.
    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Calling or implying that I am a liar, that really gets my goat.
      Or repeatedly ignoring my advice in a professional setting and instead opting to follow what ever garbage you've picked up form the internet "oooooh onions suck bacteria from the air"....AAAARGH!

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Me - "Excuse me, but do you have anything vegetarian?"

Idiot - "Yeah sure, you can have a plate of salad."

SALAD IS A SIDE DISH!!!
      Idiot: " Oh we also have a selection of fish dishes......"
      Because we all know fish are plants.......

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic discord View Post
        Or repeatedly ignoring my advice in a professional setting and instead opting to follow what ever garbage you've picked up form the internet "oooooh onions suck bacteria from the air"....AAAARGH!
        do people actually say that.... because, well, that just sounds stupid...... Maybe if people could hear themselves....
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Come into my workspace and start demanding things from me before even introducing yourself. I've had so many supervisors and 'marketing strategists' and whatnots do this to me... I'm sorry, I may be an employee at a company, but I'd like to know your name and position before you start barking at me. I'm much easier to get along with once I know who the Hell you are.

It's also common knowledge at my job that most people who get on my bad side don't keep their jobs for very long. It's a really strange coincidence. The last new supervisor who did that wasn't even employed long enough for me to even find out who she was.

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
          do people actually say that.... because, well, that just sounds stupid...... Maybe if people could hear themselves....
          Yup. Put half a cut onion in a bowl in every room & your whole house is disinfected. Just like apple cider vinegar cures everything.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Two things-

1. Claim to know what I'm thinking or what I "would say/think if," then treating the fantasy as truth.

2. Being called an offensive name, then being told "it's just a word," when I register my disapproval.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Two things-

1. Claim to know what I'm thinking or what I "would say/think if," then treating the fantasy as truth.

2. Being called an offensive name, then being told "it's just a word," when I register my disapproval.
              ...None of these things have happened right here in PF in the last few weeks or anything...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Treating me like I'm incompetent. Even if I know nothing about the subject at hand, I'm TRYING to learn something about the subject at hand. It doesn't make me useless.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Two things-

Two items I completely forgot from my list.

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  Come into my workspace and start demanding things from me before even introducing yourself. I've had so many supervisors and 'marketing strategists' and whatnots do this to me... I'm sorry, I may be an employee at a company, but I'd like to know your name and position before you start barking at me. I'm much easier to get along with once I know who the Hell you are.
                  When this happens to me I always tell them I'm not allowed to talk to strangers for my Ma .
                  Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Ordering me to do things, I'll be nice and probably do whatever someone asks, but for whatever reason people think it's o.k. to demand things.

Comment

Oh I haz a list.
                      *unrolls scroll

~Popping gum while talking to me
                      ~Talking on the cell phone while I'm trying to talk to you *customers do this and I might not be paying attention and might ring an item up twice by 'accident' don't cha know.
                      ~Implying I'm passive aggressive. I'm aggressive aggressive dang it!
                      ~Having unruly children and making me discipline them
                      ~Not using your car blinker. You should go straight to hell for that
                      ~Making the decision on what you think I mean to say and not what I actually said. Because what I actually say is exactly what I meant to say. ALWAYS.
                      ~Anyone who hates cats
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

-making me rein in your children and then bitching at me for it,
                        solve your discipline problems before they become mine
                        - the use of "Thank You" as a dismissal
                        way too many customers have pulled this and it gets old

-other stuff I can't think of atm
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                          Two items I completely forgot from my list.

When this happens to me I always tell them I'm not allowed to talk to strangers for my Ma .
                          Maybe I'll try this tactic the next time it happens. Start flashing the sign of the evil eye at them & squawk "Stranger danger! Stranger danger!!!"
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

henti tentacle rape lmao
                            moral of the story- trim your bushes :xD:

Comment

Originally posted by nymphetflower View Post
                              henti tentacle rape lmao
                              moral of the story- trim your bushes :xD:
                              Because this happens SO often to people.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                                Because this happens SO often to people.
                                its a monster movie, not a 'based on a true story' or some lifetime movie event

Comment

Working...
                                X