Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    When was the last time you apologized and didn't mean it?
    On Friday, to a customer at work, because it was a formality thing and apparently we I to kiss our customers' asses even when something isn't my fault.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      On Friday, to a customer at work, because it was a formality thing and apparently we I to kiss our customers' asses even when something isn't my fault.
      Oh yeah...

For me, it's the parent of a clearly disturbed kid who can't see it. I end up apologizing for the problems their kid causes.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Same.

I also apologize for others [their behaviors, in particular] now and again. Basically, in an attempt assuage any real damage, emotionally, they may have caused. But the apology always feels empty, to me, because my own behavior wasn't the issue. Throw a liberal amount of self-deprecation on it, and the fact that I just don't DO guilt, and there I am, taking as much blame as I can, away from the real disaster.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

About a half hour ago: "I do apologize, sir, but we don't have wi-fi at all on our property."

Dude, if wi-fi was so frikkin' important to you why didn't you call ahead & ask?
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic /antiviral/antifungal available at your local health food store (and it WILL NOT turn you blue unless you make it yourself and add copper, so don't do that. In fact, it's easy to properly make at home, just google). Honey is a natural antibiotic (buy locally grown, if you can), as is garlic (available in capsules if you don't want garlic breath) and olive leaf extract (available in the health food store or herbal store). All of these are effective, easy to use, and relatively cheap compared to a doctor's visit.
            Hi,
            The use and efficacy of silver in treatments and medicines is the topic of a lot of study at the moment as a lot of the previously accepted benefits are now being questioned.
            use of any silver treatment commercial or home made can cause the
            grey /blue discoloration. I've seen topical dressings leave patients with discoloration. Oral use of silver is not supportted by the FDA as silver has been shown to have no proven clinical benefit , but had been shown to build up in the liver.
            It also interferes with the action of a number of antibiotics.

Its a pity really as I liked havig silver as part of my retro arsenal for treating fits , at least the leaches and maggots still work though

Comment

Hmm... I can't remember the last time I apologized... but I doubt I meant it...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Optimistic discord View Post
              Hi,
              The use and efficacy of silver in treatments and medicines is the topic of a lot of study at the moment as a lot of the previously accepted benefits are now being questioned.

use of any silver treatment commercial or home made can cause the
              grey /blue discoloration. I've seen topical dressings leave patients with discoloration. Oral use of silver is not supportted by the FDA as silver has been shown to have no proven clinical benefit , but had been shown to build up in the liver.
              It also interferes with the action of a number of antibiotics.

Its a pity really as I liked havig silver as part of my retro arsenal for treating fits , at least the leaches and maggots still work though
              I've taken colloidal silver pretty much every day for about eight years, so has the wife, neither of us are (nor ever have been) blue. We also don't get the flu or colds. One of our cats urinated blood for a couple days, another had a runny eye, a little silver in their water, each cleared up next day. The FDA doesn't like it cuz there's no big money in it for Big Pharmaceuticals, cuz ya can't patent an element. BTW, we make our own. The stuff available in the health-food stores might be 10ppm, stuff we make is closer to 1000ppm.

Nope. Just checked the mirror, still not blue...
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

everytime I have to correct someone about something I tend to lead with " I'm sorry but....." its a bad habbit. There is nothig wrong with pointing out someones mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... I can't remember the last time I apologized... but I doubt I meant it...

- - - Updated - - -

I've taken colloidal silver pretty much every day for about eight years, so has the wife, neither of us are (nor ever have been) blue. We also don't get the flu or colds. One of our cats urinated blood for a couple days, another had a runny eye, a little silver in their water, each cleared up next day. The FDA doesn't like it cuz there's no big money in it for Big Pharmaceuticals, cuz ya can't patent an element. BTW, we make our own. The stuff available in the health-food stores might be 10ppm, stuff we make is closer to 1000ppm.

Nope. Just checked the mirror, still not blue...
                Awrsome
                I think oral use of silver is still a fringe thing over here in the UK.
                The tissue discolouration issue is a tricky one, studies have not so far been able to show a unified mechanism explaining how it occurs. There are so many variables with some patients requiring greater amounts than others.

Topical dressings are getting a good looat though, it used to be gold standard to use silver four some wounds but recent studied now question so.e of those results.

Comment

apologise For the stupid shit my co-workers do all of the time.... "they did not give me good directions!" im sorry, "they ignored me and talked on their cell phone" im sorry, "I went the wrong way and got lost in the tiny ass hospital" im sorry.... I think it's a reflex now....

Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic /antiviral/antifungal available at your local health food store (and it WILL NOT turn you blue unless you make it yourself and add copper, so don't do that. In fact, it's easy to properly make at home, just google). Honey is a natural antibiotic (buy locally grown, if you can), as is garlic (available in capsules if you don't want garlic breath) and olive leaf extract (available in the health food store or herbal store). All of these are effective, easy to use, and relatively cheap compared to a doctor's visit.
                  Turmeric should go on your list too, I use a mix of turmeric and honey topically, and generously add turmeric to food (it works topically and internally.) Its also nice and safe for animals, which I know Medusa isn't.... She may be an angry kitty tho....
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

As so many before me have said, I gave a false apology at work. I don't care how many times you tell me our policy is stupid, that other places do the exact, and terribly silly thing you want to do and that you're 'never coming back' (hmm, come to think of it, I've never seen you -before- so never seeing after isn't a surprise to me) I'm not putting my job on the line to placate you over your incredibly large purchase of $3. But I'll smile and say "I know it's silly, but I can't. I'm sorry."
                    My Tumblr
                    My Webcomic
                    My Twitter

Comment

Nothing comes to mind. I don't work with the public so if I say sorry, I mean it because I probably did something dickish. If I don't feel apologetic, you're not getting an apology.
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

What is the absolute quickest way to get on your bad side?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Me - "Excuse me, but do you have anything vegetarian?"

Idiot - "Yeah sure, you can have a plate of salad."

SALAD IS A SIDE DISH!!!
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I don't really know, but the hubby is an expert....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I thought of one!

having no idea what you are talking about when you try to correct someone elses job! That drives me up and around the bend, I WILL activate the uber snark for that, I will start subtly insulting you to your face, don't be surprised if I find a way to show others how moronic you really are... like telling me that room 203 is a patient room. Maybe you should learn that patient rooms are on floors 4-7 if you friggin WORK HERE!
                            Also there are more, but obvious ignorance seems to be the most efficient...
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

When someone thinks that because I'm friendly/nice, that = pushover, and they start lying/trolling. BWAHAHAHAHA
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Breaking my space(as in coming right up in my face)
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X