Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

wweelllll some theologians believe that we suffer because God gave us free will and we abused it... while others believe God gave us the ability to feel pain and suffering so through this we can achieve the likeness of God when we ascend into heaven.

Personally I think its all the result of free will. The fact we have the ability to choose things means that there will be good and bad choices... and choices that go against what others want. So really its hard to avoid the occasion bad out come. Although some pain and suffering does not come from free will... but it's just life. sometimes bad things happen.

Comment

Have you ever fallen in love with two people at once? How did it work out?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg5341#msg5341 date=1287615817]
        [/quote]

Only two? Darlin', I fall in love with everyone.

Mostly art.

Comment

[/quote]

Hmm...About a year after Fiddly and I got married I had a coworker that I became friends with who was so cute. I don't think she ever considered herself very attractive, but she had a great, quirky sense of humor and a very cute shape(on the plump, full-hipped side--probably considered herself fat, unfortunately).

I had to come to terms with the fact that I had developed a huge crush on her. Feelings that in High School I'd had towards female friends I hadn't chosen to define as erotic, but now I had to recognize were as a mature adult(or, at least, a now sexually active 19 year old).

I was terrified that Fiddly would reject me if I told him...or even worse, tell me I had to talk to our bishop about it. Instead, he thought it was sexy, and it opened up what has since been an ongoing dialogue. She probably still has no idea...
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[/quote]

No. For me, loving a person (in the way that you mean it - romantic love, I think -, as opposed to family love or platonic love) seems to be an all or nothing deal.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

At one point I couldn't pick between JC or Justin. But that was just about N'SYNC

Comment

No, I don't think I have ever truly been in love with two people at once. Not love love, perhaps some serious as hell lust but not love. X
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=62.msg5478#msg5478 date=1287652765]
                  No, I don't think I have ever truly been in love with two people at once. Not love love, perhaps some serious as hell lust but not love. X
                  [/quote]

ditto this...
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I was going to say yes when it came to my past poly relationships, but I don't know if I could actually call it "LOVE". Strong feelings of affection, but not love.

However, up until a few years ago, I was still in love with a past boyfriend, so technically I suppose the answer IS yes.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=62.msg5521#msg5521 date=1287674030]
                      I was going to say yes when it came to my past poly relationships, but I don't know if I could actually call it "LOVE". Strong feelings of affection, but not love.

However, up until a few years ago, I was still in love with a past boyfriend, so technically I suppose the answer IS yes.
                      [/quote]

I suppose in that sense, mine doesn't really count. For me, though...that gray area with really strong emotions is hard to pick apart sometimes. I mean, there have been various times when I didn't feel strong lust, or tender affection for Fiddly, but there was enough of the other to keep us together as things continued to change. Just one or the other? Still a form of love.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I've definitely had that overlap love though. Where I was in one relationship (rocky though) and just into a new friend. And thinking at some point I have to make a choice. Peruse the old boyfriend or the new.

Comment

[/quote]

No. I've never fallen in love with anyone. It would be a feat indescribably large to fall in love with one person, let alone two. But I don't really think its possible to be in love with two people. As far as I'm concerned, that means you're not in love with either.
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=62.msg5641#msg5641 date=1287703695]
                            No. I've never fallen in love with anyone. It would be a feat indescribably large to fall in love with one person, let alone two. But I don't really think its possible to be in love with two people. As far as I'm concerned, that means you're not in love with either.
                            [/quote]

^This, except I believe that I have.
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

[/quote]

I'm currently in love with three people.

Of course, it's all unrequited love, but it gives me hope.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=62.msg5641#msg5641 date=1287703695]
                                [/quote]

I think the heart is capable of many things, and that loving more than one person is entirely possible. In fact, I feel bad for people who only learn to love one person, because I feel they are missing out on so much joy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X