"You idiot" ...
    [/quote]
    I'd copy his title.
    Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg28547#msg28547 date=1294959734]
      If you were to write your autobiography, what would be the title?
      [/quote]
      WTF? Are You Kidding Me?
      Sleep, my friend, and you will see
      That dream is my reality

Comment

The Eternal Student.

Comment

[/quote]
          Dances with Clams

Comment

[quote author=Storm link=topic=62.msg28816#msg28816 date=1295059527]
            Dances with Clams
            [/quote]I like clams ... but that is for the future adult section ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg28882#msg28882 date=1295087726]

[/quote]

Nope. In my way of seeing things, children have no rights. If you want to stop taking your meds, you have to wait til you're 18 or become an emancipated minor.

Of course, if you change your mind - good luck getting those meds once you are an emancipated minor - most are extremely expensive, and I don't know if emancipated kids still get to be on their parents' or guardians' insurance.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[/quote]

No, but I think his/her reasons for refusing should be carefully considered.

There was a 14 year old girl around here that had had cancer and she went through it all; the surgeries, the chemo, the radiation etc. She was cancer free for only a few months when the monster returned. She didn't want to go through it all again. She had no quality of life during the treatments and even the doctors were skeptical that she would live past a year. Her parents wanted her to try. They loved her and just wanted her to get better. It took a LOT of convincing from her, the doctors and the social workers, but finally she was aloud to refuse any more treatment.
                  she died last October, after having a few 'normal' months of life and some really fun times with friends and family.
                  What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[/quote]

In the case of a treatable illness or injury, no. In the case of a terminal illness where they are of an age and capacity to understand the ramifications of their decision, yes.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=62.msg28835#msg28835 date=1295063728]
                      I like clams ... but that is for the future adult section ...
                      [/quote]
                      Is there something dirty about "clams" that I'm unaware of? Someday I'll come all the way out from under my rock.

Comment

[/quote]From a legal standpoint I have to say no ... Even tho I know some under 18's that are more mature than some over 25's ...
                        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=62.msg28929#msg28929 date=1295103624]
                          In the case of a treatable illness or injury, no. In the case of a terminal illness where they are of an age and capacity to understand the ramifications of their decision, yes.
                          [/quote]

This.
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

I'd have to say no, with the possible addition of Thalassa's post. But then it wouldn't be a life-saving drug. If the disease is terminal, (implying incurable) then the drugs wouldn't do anything but prolong the inevitable.
                            Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                            That dream is my reality

Comment

[/quote]

"Nothing really happens."

[/quote]

I don't wish to deliberately decide or control anything of the lives of others.
                              And now I will express a quote in mime...

Comment

So..how do you like the new forum?
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X