X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things you love(d) about being single

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    That was a long time ago...

...but I think I liked being able to eat macaroni and cheese out of the pot while leaning over the sink...
    LOL...being married hasn't stopped me from doing that!

it has been over 20 years, but the thing I miss the most is dating.
    I love that excitement of a hot date and getting all dressed and made up.
    It is not the same with a spouse, it is still fun, but no "butterflies" ...know what I mean??
    What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Is it okay for me to say that I really don't miss anything? I mean there was less mess, but thats really it for me.

Comment

I think i miss having the cats allowed to roam at night, so every once i a while i would be able to get a couple of them sleeping on the bed to keep me warm in the winter. Not dealing with someone panicking every time one of the animals coughs or sneezes.

One of the benifits is i get to phone up randoms that have pee'd the wife off by overcharging her or something and letting them have both barrels.

M
        In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          Haha mostly, but my cat is the messiest eater in the world. He likes to spit out his food and then eat it off the floor. Also he throws up at least once a week. And he sheds EVERYWHERE, even in the winter.

Don't get me wrong...he's the best cat ever, but old animals are a lot of work :/
          Hah!

Yeah...well, most cats I ever met are like furry toddlers
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
            Hah!

Yeah...well, most cats I ever met are like furry toddlers
            Yeahh and I think kittens are even worse. I've never had kittens (I feel really sad for older cats because no one wants them so I adopt adult ones) but friends have and they're freaking crazy. One chewed my friends headphones, they scratch everything up, knock things over. These two couples that I know who got 2 kittens each were kind of doing it to have something to care for because they didn't want children, but two kittens at once, while not as much work as a baby, are still crazy work!

Comment

It sounds daft, but I would love to be single so I could fall in love again. Just because the buzz of the relationship being all new and stuff is amazing. That's not really a thing you like about being single though is it? :P x
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                That was a long time ago...

...but I think I liked being able to eat macaroni and cheese out of the pot while leaning over the sink...
                My husband still gets to eat over the sink - mainly because the dog hates the tile floor & can't beg from him when he's in there :P
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                  It sounds daft, but I would love to be single so I could fall in love again. Just because the buzz of the relationship being all new and stuff is amazing. That's not really a thing you like about being single though is it? :P x
                  It's fun if you know the guy feels the same way about you. But a lot of the time it's totally uncertain. I hate all the uncertainty and I'm impatient and I like to know what's going on (I guess it's the control freak in me). And the older you get, the smaller the ratio of normal guys to commitmentphobes seems to be (I guess more of the dudes who aren't afraid of commitment pair off?)

I do like flirting though when I know the guy is into me. Like right now. No real big deal or anything, but it's nice that I get someone to talk to and text (in that sort of way), and someone who remembered it was Valentines Day. It kind of makes me giggle like I'm 14 again (not that guys paid ANY attention to me when I was 14!)

Comment

Not having to compromise...ever!

Comment

I recently had a long talk with a friend who's been married 45 years. While I envy the companionship they have, they envy the pure "sovereignty" I have. Everything has a price. They can't just take off without accountability - and if I disappeared, no one would notice for some time. It would be nice to feel loved, to feel like I matter to someone other than myself, but not if it comes with domination.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It would be nice to not have to talk about what is bothering me, if there is indeed something. Talking about feelings all the time is just kinda weird to me. There are times when I don't particularly feel anything but wonder. It was also nice when I could just put my clothes on and head out the door without having to wait what seems like forever at times. I used to be on time and early (which "I" still am) but now sometimes I'm late. That's about it because other than that being single just kinda sucked.

I'm lucky to have a wife that I fall in love with time and time again. We always have that fresh relationship feeling. It doesn't matter if I leave the commode seat up or down or if I drink out of the milk jug. I found a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedragoncoop View Post
                          It doesn't matter if I leave the commode seat up or down or if I drink out of the milk jug. I found a good one.
                          I take it you don't have children?

Because I only started caring while 8 1/2 months pregnant, having to pee 20 times a night, when exhausted and disoriented, I fell in.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

We both have children. Mine are grown and live on their own.

Comment

This is the longest I've lived single since I was 14 and have to say it's almost refreshing. If the house is a mess, it's my fault so no grumpies about having to clean up a mess someone else made. I can go do what I want, when I want with no questions or checking in with others. I can save or spend my money how I want instead of hearing "I need this..." The place is quiet while I'm sleeping and peaceful when I wake. No one to make me second guess myself. I can make my own decisions about things. I've been able to eat what I want since I have the finances now and consequently lost a heap of weight relatively quickly.

The part that sucks is when I'm sick to the point where I can't get out of bed. Would be nice if someone where here to run and get me medication or get me food, even miss the coddling I found annoying before. This inability to get food may be an added reason why I've lost so much XD
                              -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
                              (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

Hey Blue ... We are almost neighbors ... You are less than a day away ...
                                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                                X