X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things you love(d) about being single

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    the toothpaste being squeezed from the end, not the middle
    Oh man, I haaaaate this, and he always seems to get the toothpaste all over the cap so it's always sticky. (We do not share toothpaste anymore, lol.)
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

bath towel is hanging over the shower door ... Wash cloth hangs on the shower head ... My shampoo ... My soap ...

My pants on the floor ... My bed gets made when I get to it ... DVDs piled on the t.v. ... Air compressor on the floor in the kitchen ...

I love being single ... AGAIN ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Shit, I can give y'all a list, but it will only make me feel worse

1) Having the toilet paper replaced when it first goes empty, rather than letting whoever sits down next do it.
        2) Me: "I'm going to do my laundry"
        Her: "I've got a load in now - if you put your clothes next to the washing machine, I'll do them"
        Me (3 hours later): "Let me know when my stuff comes out of the dryer so I can fold it and put it away" (no shit, I'm not making this conversation up - happened last week)
        Her: "Shit, I forgot to run another load. I'll start it in a few minutes."
        Me: "Want me to start it?"
        Her: "No, I have stuff in the other room that I have to dig out to wash. I'll do it"
        Me (The next morning, when I'm looking for clothes): "Honey? Where's my laundry?"
        Her: "FUCK! It's still in the wash from last night. I got so busy that I forgot about it until midnight."

^ That conversation has happened 3 times in the last 4 months. Why not more? Because *usually* I do my own fucking laundry so it gets done.
        3) Moving boxes that have followed us for the last 11 years, filled with her crap, that she "hasn't had time to go through"...yet they continue to blight our home
        4) Kid getting caught smoking pot at school, the ensuing court/school issues that follow

Yadda yadda yadda.

Ask me why I like being married...I dare you.

Comment

I like almost everything associated with being single.
          Sleep, my friend, and you will see
          That dream is my reality

Comment

What I miss most about being single is that I didn't have to be responsible for or deal with anyone else's emotions or health except my own. My husband is ridiculously sensitive & moody, and I have to put up w/that almost every day. Also, when I'm legitimately sick, all of a sudden he's sick, too. Only when I'm sick, I still do things for myself. When he's sick, he becomes completely helpless. So when I'm legitimately sick, not only do I still have to take care of myself, but I'm saddled with Mr. Whiny Crybaby on top of it. There's none of that, "Oh, while you're up..." crap when you're single.

One of the other big things I miss about being single is not having two families. A single person only has to put up w/their own family. When you have a long-term partner or spouse, you get a whole extra set of relatives and all the drama that entails.

My husband & I have solved one of the chronic marriage complaints - we each have our own bedrooms & bathrooms. I don't have to share my counter space with him & vice versa. There's no poking me for snoring, or me having to put up w/him getting up 5 times a night to pee or check that the doors are locked.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't think I have ever been properly single through my teenage years! I went from one boyfriend to another and now I've been with Dale for 4 years in March.
              One thing I like about him being away though is I am responsible for only myself. I don't have to worry about not having enough money to go out, or having to decide between going out with him or going out with my friends. It would be nice to be on my own for a while, just to see how much I can stand on my own. I think I'd be fine.
              But at the end of the day, I appreciate companionship, and (even though I am pretty happy where I am) I would love to fall in love again. Its a great feeling. X
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Since I got married and had kids so young, there are some things my friends do that make me feel kind of jealous...I was actually discussing this with Thjoth a while back.

You guys who are single can go out and do something, for fun, at the spur of the moment, without needing to cross-reference everyone's agendas, make sure dinner is taken care of and/or you have a baby sitter. With my kids this age, it's a big deal for me to get out by myself once a week to go to orchestra.

You actually have expendable income. You might not think you do, or that it's much, but I can't tell you how many times I'll have everything set to go out and get something silly, and we run out of diapers, or L beats me to it.

You can be spontaneous, and if your homes are messy, it's because you messed them up!
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

That was a long time ago...

...but I think I liked being able to eat macaroni and cheese out of the pot while leaning over the sink...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Honestly? I miss being able to go off and do some random stuff, even just stroll around town. While Azazel doesn't always want to do something with me there's that pressure to include your partner. I'm thankful for the fact that sometimes he communicates with me when he needs some "me time" which allows me freedom to do those things, but there's some gratification in knowing you can do it anytime.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

I miss being able to do stuff without answering to any body. Completely free. Able to buy finger nail polish without someone asking "what do you need that for?" I miss doing NOTHING and not feeling lazy because my significant other is a busy body.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think im a good example since I've only dated psychopaths before but.
                        I like to be able to wear any cloths I want
                        I love not being up until the wee hours of the morning because of myphone constantly going off
                        I like me time
                        No relationship pain (cheating, pressure, "emotions")
                        I can eat anything I want and not have anyone say im lookin fat
                        Im free to do anything I want (almost) and not feel guilty
                        They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                        Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                        -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                          and if your homes are messy, it's because you messed them up!
                          Haha mostly, but my cat is the messiest eater in the world. He likes to spit out his food and then eat it off the floor. Also he throws up at least once a week. And he sheds EVERYWHERE, even in the winter.

Don't get me wrong...he's the best cat ever, but old animals are a lot of work :/

Comment

OH! Body image too. I have lost a tonne of weight with the other half being away fighting wars and such. Funny that huh? :P x
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

makes sense. I lose weight when I'm either super happy or super worried.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                makes sense. I lose weight when I'm either super happy or super worried.
                                Well I have been both while he is away so there you go :P X

Comment

Working...
                                X