This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello

Hello and welcome! hope you can learn from here too!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Hi!

Hello and welcome! You should definitely stalk the heathen section of the forum it is stuffed full of information and other things. Also people are usually pretty good at responding to even the most random questions, so ask away!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: *waves*

Hello and Welcome! From what I understand this forum hasn't crashed in at least 2 years!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Merry Meet

Hello and welcome to pagan forums! There is all sorts of crazy knowledge available here, (and links to find more!) Even about things you never wanted to know!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

*surfaces from the bottom of the river*

Greetings, good day, what's the score, how's it hanging and all that commotion. I'm a long time reader of the forum, so I figured I'd stop being unsociable and creepy and step out. Introduce myself and all that fun stuff.

Fun Stuff about me:
            1.) I like to fish and hunt
            2.) I enjoy collecting old books that the local library doesn't know what to do with
            3.) I enjoy storytelling and tall tales
            4.) I seem to be a magnet for stray cats, birds of prey, and the occasional deer
            5.) I enjoy collecting old weaponry, preferably maces, axes, and hammers (Because when ya want to leave an impression why not go for the memorable one?)
            6.) I've been known to rub elbows with just about anyone and everyone (like that time I had lunch with a couple missionaries from the LDS, a friend from the Baha'i temple and a Hindu priest....at Jimmy Johns. The looks we all got were priceless, but we all laughed about it)

The stereotypical stuff about me:
            1.) I'm a polytheist (Kemetic-Hellenic variety)
            2.) I got into exploring neo-pagan religions at an early age, had that stint where I flirted with a dharmic faith (and funnily enough it wasn't a form of Buddhism but rather a vaishnavic style of Hinduism (though I didn't realize that fact until sometime later)) went through the more popularized forms of eclectic Wicca, explored more Asatru and Druidism stuff trying to get in touch with my ancestors, found myself reading a number of things about Hellenic polytheism and Kemetic polytheism, read some other things, then finally got a divine knock on the head to pay more attention. Long story short, I embraced Kemetic polytheism. And over the course of the past year and a half I've had more Hellenic polytheism filtering in. That's the religious journey up to this point.
            3.) I embrace Left-hand philosophy, or rather the left-hand philosophy taught by the Temple of Set (caveat: to a degree, I don't agree with all the things they talk about but their theories about personal power and transcendence are sound in my mind)
            4.) I explore the paranormal, from both the perspective of a more scientific minded explorer (within reason and accounting for how the paranormal is a ball game unto itself), and from the perspective of the curious occultist seeking to better understanding just what made his kitchen table scoot a foot backwards with no help.
            5.) I have a bachelors in Religious Studies and Philosophy, and am working on a second degree in Anthropology (focused more in cultural anthropology though I also have training in archaeology as well)...so yeah...I'm a nerd. *takes pride in his nerdness*
            6.) I have a black cat (I know, means nothing. Even though she thinks my altar cabinet is her fortress of solitude, and purrs next to the skull I have blessed for Hecate)

So that's stuff about me.

Comment

Re: *surfaces from the bottom of the river*

Hello and Welcome, you could likely sit on a nice mossy rock next to most of us, and sun yourself!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

hello, nice to meet you

Comment

Welcome! Glad you decided to come out of hiding . It always makes me really happy to see a former lurker say hello.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here.
                      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Welcome. I'm a nerd too... you're not alone here. ^^

Comment

Re: New here, out of curiosity.

Welcome and i hope you find whatever it is you choose to seek here
                          When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, the force simply gets redirected and the object wins

Comment

Hello all.

Hi there, I'm Teddy.

I'm not great with introductions so I'll keep it short. I'm a very eclectic person, as a solo practitioner I have strayed away from having a set way of things. I'm like everyone else, and learning each day so I believed joining a forum would bring in more knowledge.
                            By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
                            -Confucius

Blog

Comment

Re: Hello all.

Hello and welcome, and yeppers, there are craploads of knowledge to be found around here, there is a plethra of people who study so many different things too, so goodluck in finding what you're lookin for.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Hello all.

Hello, nice to meet you.

Comment

Working...
                                X