X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi from the South

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

GabrielWithoutWings, Its not formal at all, its very local and very nature spirit oriented. I have a mesh of Cherokee and Ancient Irish beliefs. Both cultures believed in and revered the good folk.

Comment

Re: Greetings from England

Thank you one and all for your welcomes may we one day meet together.

Comment

Re: Greetings from England

Welcome aboard
        [4:82]

Comment

Re: Hello, Again... Again...

*Squints*

Do I know you?
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: Hello, Again... Again...

Originally posted by Dez View Post
            *Squints*

Do I know you?
            Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Move along.
            この言葉が読めれば、グーグルを見つけておめでとう御座います。

Now go read a book or something...

Comment

Hey from Miami

Hi, My name is Erika...Everyone knws me as Pixie.
              I am 28 single mom ....single by choice lol...Im currently in school. Im here doing some self exploration. Im curious about Wicca....its something thats always been in my head....I just dont knw where to start....Any help please?
              Last edited by Guest; 22 Jan 2012, 19:18.

Comment

Re: Hey from Miami

Hello and welcome, Erica. There is the "Ask A Wiccan" thread; it may be able to help you get an idea of where to start. http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...1-Ask-A-Wiccan
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Re: Hey from Miami

Welcome.

I've found Wicca For the Rest of Us to be helpful and easy to read.
                  There once was a man who said though,
                  It seems that I know that I know,
                  What I'd like to see,
                  Is the I that knows me,
                  When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Hello from the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains

Hello everyone! I just joined not 5 minutes ago after waking up. A little about me:

My name is Andrea, like my username. I'm a 26 y/o trans woman (Google it or PM me if you don't know that that means.) I've had a lack of any sort of religious anything in my life as far back as I can remember. Just being me is enough to be shunned by most religions out there, so 99% out there weren't for me.

As I was growing up, I studied many religions. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Paganism, etc. By studying, I means years of research. Having bad social anxiety gives lots of free time to do that, lol. As I made my rounds through them all, I came to realize a few things. The majority are male led, hypocritical, lie based faiths. Personally, any faith that is used to control and control by lies isn't for me. I'm one of the most honest and open people you will ever meet, and I'm honest to a fault sometimes, but that's because lies and any negativity that go along with them just make me cringe.

The past few years I've been a closeted Agnostic. Not by choice, but with the stress in my life that comes with being who I am, it just wasn't the time to deal with all that. But, the past few months of my life have bettered to amazing levels, so I have decided to search again. As usual, the majority made no sense to me.

But the yesterday happened...

I went on a date with the most beautiful and amazing woman ever. not naming names since she might be here, lol. Anyway, she is Pagan, and even though she didn't talk a whole lot about her beliefs in that direction, what was said got me thinking. I'm not totally sure what went through my mind, but thanks to her, I know now. Hopefully things go well with her, but even if not, I will always be in her debt for helping me with this, even though it wasn't intentional.

So... that's me in a nutshell really. Now it is just time to find my place as Pagan and learn how to finally be at peace with myself.

Comment

Polytheist

Hi! As my user name suggests, I'm a polytheist. I don't want to say pagan because that may imply a lot of things that may not apply to me. I'm not a monotheist and I'm not an atheist, so by default I find myself a polytheist. I find it impossible to deny my intuition that there are powers at work in mortal affairs, and I find it equally impossible to deny my intuition that these powers do not necessarily, in all things, cooperate.

I also have my own personal view of what a living creature is. I'm not a monist and I'm not a dualist. I'm a triadist. I see three components: body, ghost, and selfhood. While alive, the selfhood adheres to the body, and the ghost is dormant. While dead, the selfhood adheres to the ghost, which is active, and there is no body. In this, I see no difference between myself, my cat, or the spider on the wall. Reincarnation makes all the sense in the world to me, and I even suspect it may be possible for me to come back as a cat, a prospect I find tantalizing.

I deem it reasonable that while alive, we focus mainly on things of the body, allowing the ghostly realm to help us if it will, but never growing so obsessed with the ghostly realm that we lose our grip on the reins of this temporary chariot, the body, or drop our eye from the winding road on which our chariot is traveling. We are here now to be here now. Spaghetti and meatballs are delicious, and the fact that ghosts cannot taste them is all the more reason to serve ourselves a heaping bowl and savor each mouthful. Learning to box is a virile and edifying activity for a man like me, and the fact that ghosts cannot participate is all the more reason to strap on the gloves and assume the fighting stance.

I look forward to joining you all in lively discussion!

Comment

Re: Hello from the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains

Hello, Andrea_nicole!

Welcome to the forum!
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Herllo!

HI everyone! I'm new and stuff. I just found out that my religious practices were pagan so here I am checking it out.
                          "The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."
                          -The table at the cafe

Comment

Re: Hiya

Welcome to the forum! Like the others said, feel free to ask questions, and if there's anything we can help you with, feel free to contact a mod or admin

Comment

Re: Herllo!

Welcome to the forum( and thanks for posting the intro!)

Comment

Re: Hello from the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains

Welcome!

You'll find that there are a lot of different perspectives on ths board, and agnostics are most certainly welcome . There are quite a few members who view the divine in more figurative or symbolic ways, and I hope you find information to help as you explore this path. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a mod or admin!
                                Last edited by Dez; 21 Jan 2012, 10:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X