X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey

Thanks both!

Jembru, the part of the signature written in English is from Caiseal Mόr's 'The Wanderers' trilogy (possibly the first book, 'The Circle and the Cross'). These books are fiction based on the Christian conversion of the Celtic Druid beliefs and communities, and in terms of history are fairly accurate. Fascinating read - if you haven't read them, they're no longer in print, but you can find them cheaply on Amazon.

The other part, Nu Cead Againn Dul Abhaile, is Gaelic for 'we cannot go home'.
    Nu Cead Againn Dul Abhaile.
    "Not even the most battle-hardened warriors would willingly separate a man from his gods."

Comment

Re: Hey from Miami

Since everyone's already pointed you in the right direction, I'll just say hi! Welcome to our little corner of the Internet
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: Polytheist

Welcome to the forum, polytheist! Sorry your post didn't show right away...every now and then we have the spam filter catch something that's fine.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: Herllo!

Hi WhiskeyJack. I see you self-identified as Discordian. I like the notions of creative disorder, destructive disorder, creative order, and destructive order. I think the powers engage in all four.

Comment

Hello and welcome!
            [4:82]

Comment

Re: Hello from the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains

Hello and welcome. I hope you find a path that speaks to you here!
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hello and welcome. Your views are interesting! I hope you enjoy it here!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hello and welcome! That's kind of how I ended up joining, too. I hope you enjoy it here!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Holy cow and Wholly Chao.

Welcome.
                    There once was a man who said though,
                    It seems that I know that I know,
                    What I'd like to see,
                    Is the I that knows me,
                    When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Welcome.
                      What I'd like to see,
                      Is the I that knows me,

Comment

Re: Hello from the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains

Welcome.

Where is Halls Crossroads? I was raised in Wayne County.
                        What I'd like to see,
                        Is the I that knows me,

Comment

Thank you all for your support in my journey of discovery.....Keep in touch Id like to make friends along the way

Comment

Hello and welcome fellow floridian! lol
                            "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Hello!!

Hello, this is my first time posting on a pagan forum and I have to say I'm excited with all the posts and threads I'm seeing on this site a lot of it are things I've wanted to know about and discuss with others. However due to my location there's always been rather...few or next to no one I could really talk to on the subject of paganism or wiccan or any nature based religion for that matter. I've always been fascinated with wiccan and witchcraft ever since I was young and saw movies about magic even if the witch was bad and have wanted to know more about it for a long time now. Unfortuntely I haven't always been consistent with my endervours for learning the path or wiccan way as I've heard it called but I figure it's something that takes time to really learn.
                              For a while now I've had this thought and over time it's steadily grew into this dream or goal I'd like to achieve, the thought was really an image of a child exploring an attic of an old house or maybe a teenager searching for something more in their life and just somehow stumbling into said attic and both of them discover an old worn journal or binder filled with things relating to wicca a B.O.S. (book of shadows) if you will. I've always asked myself what am I leaving behind for the future later generations and I finally decided I'd like to leave my beliefs or my point of view on religion, or my own religion hence the b.o.s. and the things I learned along the way. So that's why I've joined this forum and I'm hoping to learn more to achieve my goal, lol it's even on my bucket list I'm a little young to have one but hey could die tomorrow so the sooner the better.
                              Nice to meet you all!!

Laketear
                              A witch is a woman who knows what she wants and is not afraid to work to achieve it. She has strong beliefs and the power to go through with her wishes. She has the power to turn thought into action. She's a strong, hardworking and intelligent woman.
                              Call me a witch and I will thank you for the compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by Polytheist View Post
                                Hi WhiskeyJack. I see you self-identified as Discordian. I like the notions of creative disorder, destructive disorder, creative order, and destructive order. I think the powers engage in all four.
                                Yeah, i mean, chaos is chaos so i don't bother trying to figure it out. I just go with what smacks me in the face.

Originally posted by GabrielWithoutWings View Post
                                Holy cow and Wholly Chao.

Welcome.
                                Hail Eris THank you.

Yeah Discordianism is kinda like my philosophy in a sense, but i guess i'm a helenistic pagan? eh? is that correct? I don't know. I worship Hermes. he's kinda the best imo.
                                Last edited by WhiskeyJack; 21 Jan 2012, 16:56.
                                "The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."
                                -The table at the cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X