This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing Azvanna

Chandrilla is the home planet of Mon Mothma (i.e. the woman in white in Return of the Jedi).

As for post munching,

A Jedi, I am. Awarded in a raffle, this title is not.

No I'm not stealing from Yoda's lines Dark Rendezvous. I don't do that. (I'm not actually, Yoda's lines were slightly better.)
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: Introducing Azvanna

Welcome to the forums! I hope you learn a lot and have some fun!

Comment

Re: Hello Again

Thanks guys, glad to be back. Always good stuff to read even if I do not post alot.

Comment

Re: Fun things to do to piss people off

I was a bad 'un today. I was running late for meeting my friend in Newcastle but the city was extremely crowded and people here don't know how to look where they're going and have 'other people exist too' blindness. So I pretended to be having a really foul caughing fit as I jogged through the street. They scattered like chickens!! Hehehe.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

A Curious New Member

Hello. My name is Amber and I'm a college student. I was raised a Catholic and have had doubts for years, but have only recently fallen away from the faith entirely. I was introduced to Paganism through my friend.
            I'm not exactly sure what sort of Paganism she identifies with. I've asked her, but she said she just refers to herself as "Pagan." She calls her Goddess Gaia, which I believe is from the Greeks, and is completely against witchcraft and the like. I don't really know what to make of it, since the only branch I've ever read read into is Wicca (and since she's really into Slavic vampires...).

As for myself, all I know is that I don't believe in a "god" with a physical form. If there is anything that I feel deserves respect it is the Earth. I feel so strongly for the Earth because it is an entity I know exists; I know what I can and cannot expect from the Earth. I wouldn't pray to the planet to end world hunger, but I know from experience that it will provide for me if I plant a seed. In this sense, I believe I have some Humanistic qualities in me as well.
            I also am a strict vegetarian, as I do not believe humans are above animals in any way.

Aside from my religious confusion, I am a Cherokee Native and am studying Computer Science. I am going to apply to become an individualized major at my school, though, in pursuit of either Artificial Intelligence or Biotechnology. I can also be quite lengthy in my introductions. Who knew?
            Last edited by Adosia; 17 May 2012, 15:48.

Comment

Re: A Curious New Member

Welcome, and I didn't find your intro lengthy at all. Hope you enjoy it here.
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

Thank you Caelia.

Comment

Welcome to PF...and I think that was a lovely intro!! We are glad to have you, no matter where you might be on your spiritual and religious journey!
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome Adosia. Hope you enjoy the forum. There are all walks of life and beliefs here

I love the fact that instead of just praying and wishing for things you take action (though I do pray and meditate). That is quite an admirable quality. We could use more people on this earth like you!
                    sigpic

Comment

Re: Fun things to do to piss people off

"Name your dog, Dog."

My friend named her boy boxer DeeOhGee because she thought it was clever...
                      sigpic

Comment

Enjoy the ride...my trip as a Pagan lasted over a decade and I enjoyed it far more than I enjoyed being a Christian I don't participate too much, but whenever there's a topic where an Atheist has an opinion you'll see me pop in

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Thank you all for the welcomes!
                            And thank you, LiadanWillows, you are very kind.

Comment

Welcome! and intresting story, id recommend looking up your ancestors and seeing what they used to belive, i think it might be what your heart is looking for.

As for your friend, thats a confusing one. they say their are Pagan but against witchcraft? This is actualy a first for me, never heard of that. But it makes me wonder if they understand what Paganism is... not to sound like a iforgottheworld

Coz like, when i was introduced to Paganism, the first thing i learnt was that Witchcraft isnt some big evil thing unless you watch too much Disney. Witchcraft can be quite a loving and imtimate experiance that ive had to pleasure of taking part in.

I mean, Salem was a long time ago, i thought people learnt from this O.o

Comment

Hello and welcome!
                                [4:82]

Comment

Working...
                                X