• Show
Clear All

Re: Merry Meet

Welcome back
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: Hey

Hey and welcome!

Your name sounds familiar to me...we actually had a massive crash last year. Pretty much had to start from scratch.

Comment

Re: Hey

That's probably it. I was a member briefly in 2008 or so. But then didn't do much here since I began posting a lot at Mystic Wicks. Then I kinda dropped off from that site for a couple years before going back onto it like last December. But That site suffered a crash like a year ago and it's been really slow compared to what it used to be. So I went looking for other pagan web-forums.
        Last edited by Louisvillian; 30 May 2012, 21:51.

Comment

Hi Everyone

New here (so be gentle). I've been interested in Wicca for quite a number of years (longer than I probably realise if that makes any sense) do jyst wanted to say hi.

Also wondering, how many Aussies who are based in Victoria are in here as I'd live to meet with others.

Comment

Hi, I'm a noob.

So, hi. I'm a newbie, but I'm guessing you've already figured that much out from the title of the post and the subforum it's in. I'm 25 and practice Welsh/Avalonian Paganism. I'm a solitary but would like to talk to other Pagans, so here I am.

I'm also an avid reader, a writer, a martial arts student, a sci-fi geek, and an obsessive knitter. I have two cats I adore, even when they drag my knitting around the house. I'm living with several chronic health problems, which make life more interesting, but I mostly manage.

I'm really bad at introductions, so I don't know what else I should say. If I left out anything important, feel free to ask.

Comment

Re: Hi, I'm a noob.

Welcome, please leave any lingering sanity at the front desk. You won't be needing it.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hi and welcome! I haven't heard of avalonian paganism before...how would you describe that?

Comment

Well was hoping for a reply but I guess not then. Bye

Comment

Re: Hi Everyone

Good bye!
                    [4:82]

Comment

I lol'd
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You'll notice that the traffic on this site is (suspiciously!) busiest during weekdays... During business hours. It's actually nice; I know I'm not likely to get many bites on the weekend, assumedly because my comrades on PF have lively weekend schedules and use PF when they're bored at work.

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Welcome, please leave any lingering sanity at the front desk. You won't be needing it.
                          Nor will it be returned when you leave!

Welcome to PF.

Comment

Well, I didn't have any sanity to begin with, so I guess I'm safe on that front.

Dez--Avalonian Paganism is a reconstructionist Welsh tradition that honors Avalon as a place of mystical energy and learning, somewhere that's accessible via the collective unconscious whether or not it ever existed in our physical reality. It's mostly Goddess-centric, though in my work I honor male aspects as well.

I don't think I'm explaining it very well--I'm sleep-deprived because the dogs that live on either side of my house had a barking war at 4:00 a.m. The Sisterhood of Avalon site has a good list of their core beliefs.

Comment

Ah, thank you!

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X