X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parenting Debate: To Snip or no?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Your knee has a purpose...and its probably one of the worst designed parts of your body.

Just because something has a purpose doesn't mean its optimally made or that it is necessary for survival.
    So is the foreskin becoming the next appendix?
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      Why would nature make babies that grow bones instead of scars/flesh so they eventually die because their body becomes so rigid they can no longer expand their lungs?
      Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I just read a thread about gender dysmorphia. Why would 'nature' make the wrong mind in the wrong body? I dunno. Shit happens I suppose.
      That's the thing - a "normal" male is one that's born with a foreskin. If someone gave birth to a boy without one, it would be considered a birth defect. Being born with a foreskin is not the same as being born with a disease or a deformity.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      Your knee has a purpose...and its probably one of the worst designed parts of your body.

Just because something has a purpose doesn't mean its optimally made or that it is necessary for survival.
      True, but we did evolve to have this detail, and although not everything that is a part of our bodies IS necessary, most of it certainly is.
      And just because it's not perfect doesn't mean it isn't worth keeping around. The foreskin might not be a bit of genius, because obviously there are cases when it causes problems (although that problem is usually an accident, and like a broken arm isn't the arm's fault), but most of the time it isn't a risk, it's an asset.

Comment

I am beginning to wonder whether some members (pardon the pun) have viewed some very ugly willies in their time. So ugly they believe the only thing to do is chop them about a bit.

Trust me. Most willies are fine just as they are. If they're unclean in any way it's generally because their owner is a dirty bugger, not because of the presence of a very small piece of skin...
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
          I am beginning to wonder whether some members (pardon the pun) have viewed some very ugly willies in their time. So ugly they believe the only thing to do is chop them about a bit.

Trust me. Most willies are fine just as they are. If they're unclean in any way it's generally because their owner is a dirty bugger, not because of the presence of a very small piece of skin...
          Let's be real here. I've seen both cut and uncut up close and personal. The truth truth? A flaccid penis is ugly as all hell. Like a deflated limbless baby new born rat or kitten. But when erect? They look exactly the same to me. I always make sure before I get up next to one it's going to be awake first.

And that's all I have to say about that.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Let's be real here. I've seen both cut and uncut up close and personal. The truth truth? A flaccid penis is ugly as all hell. Like a deflated limbless baby new born rat or kitten. But when erect? They look exactly the same to me. I always make sure before I get up next to one it's going to be awake first.

And that's all I have to say about that.
            I don't think I've ever see a flaccid penis...

Comment

I don't think I've ever see a flaccid penis...
              I've seen it on bad videos. I personally make sure I start with clothes on!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've seen it on bad videos. I personally make sure I start with clothes on!
                LOL!! (That was where I was going to press post, but the system requires more so I just added this explanation....)

Comment

Well. I've already said my piece.

Except to add this:

Much like it's none of my business what a woman does with her uterus, I don't feel it's anyone's business what I do with my penis. Also, mandating, one way or the other, what parents can and can't do with their child is a gray area that I think is already too tempered by governmental and legislative obtrusiveness. Not to mention religious "requirements", social phobias, coercion, misinformation and stigmas.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                    True, but we did evolve to have this detail, and although not everything that is a part of our bodies IS necessary, most of it certainly is.
                    And just because it's not perfect doesn't mean it isn't worth keeping around. The foreskin might not be a bit of genius, because obviously there are cases when it causes problems (although that problem is usually an accident, and like a broken arm isn't the arm's fault), but most of the time it isn't a risk, it's an asset.

My point there was more that its a bit of an irrelevant arguement...

As to it being an asset or not, I think that's pretty much open to individual interpretation--my personal experience has been that when the subject has come up, I've known more uncirc'd guys that had problems than circ'd guys who cared one way or the other (on a ship on deployment, people get bored and talk about shit like this...well, more often they talk about sex, which occasionally leads to this discussion). As for how I feel about a circ'd vs uncirc'd penis...I'm sort of with Medusa on this--the only place where I differ is that and I don't think either is all that attractive visually (and I don't think they felt any differently either).

...you know, the last time this subject came up, I swore that was going to be the last time I participated in it!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                      So is the foreskin becoming the next appendix?
                      You know, from a purely academic standpoint...I sort of wonder.

I mean, look at the difference between primary sex organs (testicles) and (one of) the secondary sex organs (the penis) in male primates... The "ball to stick" ratio in humans is WAY abnormally skewed in comparison to chimps, orangs, and gorillas...mostly because of sperm competition, but also maybe from sexual selection bias. Ladies wanted to stay with the fellas that were more fun (they walked with a bigger stick)...

This was actually pretty funny (its regarding the semen displacement hypothesis, having to do with the shape of the human male penis):

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I think penises (penii?) are all fascinating (there's a pun there, trust me). I love 'em, in all their unique forms, shapes, lengths, girths and widths. Flaccid, erect, doesn't matter.

I just wish I had more comparative research on uncircumcised ones, but until I leave the US or get a non-American-by-birth lover, it's probably not going to happen. And once you put a condom on the darned things, it renders a lot of the sensitivity/texture points moot, anyway.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I think penises (penii?)
                          The latin plural is penes, but penises is the generally accepted english plural. Penii is the plural of penius.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

No, just no. Its unnecessary and unnatural. I had go through circumcision as a lad myself, and I find myself a freak of nature in some ways because of it and even trying to restore what was removed. Bottom line, let the kid age and let him make the choice.
                            "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

I will never modify my child's body without their consent that includes ear piercing. The only time I would break this rule was if it was a medical emergency. Foreskin is amazing, natural ect.

Also every fellow I've been with who has his foreskin, I found the sex more pleasurable for me, I Also noticed that certain things were more pleasurable that my previous circumcised partners all said provided no pleasure. So if I had a son I think he deserves the most pleasure possible

In short I love foreskin.

- - - Updated - - -

And once you put a condom on the darned things, it renders a lot of the sensitivity/texture points moot, anyway.
                              Haa when they have foreskin trust me when I say you feel it way more with a condom on lol

Comment

I like the way ancient Greece and Rome handled this subject: If your snipped your son, you would be executed.
                                I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Working...
                                X