This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Quotes

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Comment

The thing that gets in your way most is you.

Never do anything to excess, even never doing anything to excess.

Both from Andrew Citrivik
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.
          Dalai Lama
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Tribal people say that words are sacred. By this, we don’t mean that you should kneel down & worship them. We mean that, in your being, you should recognize that when you speak, your utterance has consequences inwardly & outwardly & that you are accountable for these consequences.
            - Paula Gunn Allen
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

“Peace, in the sense of the absence of war, is of little value to someone who is dying of hunger or cold. It will not remove the pain of torture inflicted on a prisoner of conscience. It does not comfort those who have lost their loved ones in floods caused by senseless deforestation in a neighboring country. Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free.”
              ― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

"It is easier to stand a drunk on his feet than a debtor" Old German Proverb

Comment

The one in my signature, and also:

"I have never had the good fortune to meet a saint. I would be happy enough to meet an honest man." -- Confucius

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." -- Akira Kurosawa

“Your biggest challenge isn’t someone else. It’s the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells ‘CAN’T', but you don’t listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper ‘can’. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.” -- Unknown
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

All shall be well,
                    And all shall be well,
                    And all manner of things shall be well.

- Saint Julian of Norwich

Vae Victis (Suffering to the conquered)

- Roman phrase
                    There once was a man who said though,
                    It seems that I know that I know,
                    What I'd like to see,
                    Is the I that knows me,
                    When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

The one in my profile - "Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing." - William Butler Yeats

“If you but knew the flames that burn in me which I attempt to beat down with my reason.” & “Moral maxims are surprisingly useful on occasions when we can invent little else to justify our actions.” - Alexander Pushkin (don't get me started with my adoration of Pushkin.)

"Lust is to the other passions what the nervous fluid is to life; it supports them all, lends strength to them all ambition, cruelty, avarice, revenge, are all founded on lust." & "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!" - Marquis de Sade

"All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling." - Oscar Wilde

"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A frog in a well does not know the great sea." - Japanese proverb
                      "The talented hawk hides its claws." - Japanese proverb

Yup. :P
                      Last edited by orchestrion; 05 Jul 2012, 16:28.

selume proferre

Comment

my faorite quote is this: "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it isn't the end" ~ Ella Costello
                        ~ flowers are our only garments
                        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Also this; "Well the weeks went by, and spring turned to summer, and summer faded into fall. And it turns out he was a missing person, who nobody missed at all." ~ Dixie Chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
                            Also this; "Well the weeks went by, and spring turned to summer, and summer faded into fall. And it turns out he was a missing person, who nobody missed at all." ~ Dixie Chicks
                            I can sing this song a cappella.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              I can sing this song a cappella.
                              cool enough! it has been on my favorite songs list for a while now

Comment

different people think the same is best chioce.

Comment

Working...
                                X