This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Quotes

The Thomas Theorem: "If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences."

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

"Thursday is Little Friday" Something my dad always says when he wish that it soon could be weekend (meaning that Thursday just is a smaller version of Friday)
      ~ flowers are our only garments
      only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

"Don't force it, just use a bigger hammer." - My Granddad.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

''You are an actor in a drama...you do not choose your part, but you can choose to play it well" - Epictetus

Comment

A (long) list of goodies:

"In Buddhism, it's useless to make great efforts. just do with your everyday No-Mind. Relieve your bowels and empty your bladder, wear your clothes, eat your meals, and lie down when you're sleepy." Lin-Chi- Chinese Zen (Chan) Priest

"For those who believe in God (or if I ever do) government is an aberration of God." Joseph Prodhoun (I think)

"I take my desires for reality because I believe in the reality of my desires." Situationist quote

"I don't look, I find." Pablo Picasso

"To create you first need to destroy. Destruction for creativity is much more honest. The punks are bad, but they're not asking for an apology." Murray Bookchia

"What is true for you is what you have observed for yourself, and when you have lost that, you have lost everything." L. Ron Hubbard

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." Matt 10:16

"Speak and be misunderstood or keep silent and be ignored." Peter J Carroll

"Unless one has a law one cannot break the law." Thundersqueak (book)

"Language is a parasite we've adapted to." Susan Blackmore

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing- that's why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar

"Instinct is the most important aspect of the Luciferian; it is the start of motion and the very continuation of it." Michael W. Ford

"What the Luciferian does not have to deal with – that there is a cosmic boogey man, that there is spiritual punishment when you die unless you create it and that you cannot be guilt ridden unless you wish it." Michael W. Ford

"Magic is all about playing: playing with symbols, playing with concepts of the self, and playing with reality itself; like a child playing with clay." Patrick Dunn

"Don't picket--vandalize. Don't protest--deface. When ugliness, poor design & stupid waste are forced upon you, turn Luddite, throw your shoe in the works, retaliate. Smash the symbols of the Empire in the name of nothing but the heart's longing for grace." Hakim Bey

Comment

"The mind is Everything. What you think you become." Buddha

Comment

"When injustice become the law, rebellion becomes an obligation."
                [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  "When injustice become the law, rebellion becomes an obligation."
                  Anyone feel like breaking out the weapons yet?
                  Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                    Anyone feel like breaking out the weapons yet?
                    Rebellion doesn't have to be violent ;-)
                    [4:82]

Comment

"I am grounded, I an humble, I am one with everything" from I like Giants by Kimya Dawson. I mean to add it to my profile when I work that out...
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

“There are monsters out there, yes. Terrible things. But you don’t have to become one in order to defeat them. You can be peaceful in the face of their cruelty. You can win by being cleverer than they are… It’s about not being afraid.” -The Doctor
                        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

"happy girls are the prettiest girls" Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Something happens at around 92 miles an hour - thunder-headers drown out all sound, engine vibrations travels at a heart's rate, field of vision funnels into the immediate and suddenly you're not on the road, you're in it. A part of it. Traffic, scenery, cops - just cardboard cut outs blowing over as you pass. Sometimes I forget the rush of that. That's why I love these long runs. All your problems, all the noise, gone. Nothing else to worry about except what's right in front of you. Maybe that's the lesson for me today, to hold on to these simple moments. Appreciate them a little more - there's not many of them left. I don't ever want that for you. Finding things that make you happy shouldn't be so hard. I know you'll face pain, suffering, hard choices, but you can't let the weight of it choke the joy out of your life. No matter what, you have to find the things that you love. Run to them. There's an old saying, 'That what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger' I don't believe that. I think the things that try to kill you make you angry and sad. Strength comes from the good things - your family, your friends, the satisfaction of hard work. Those are the things that'll keep you whole. Those are the things to hold on to when you're broken.

Jax Teller to his Son.

White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Oh goodness, where to start?

"Love yourself and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." -Lucille Ball

"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." -Anonymous

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle." -Anonymous

So, so many more, but I won't bore you all.

Comment

Failure is the pillar of success.

Comment

Working...
                                X