When you die...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When you die...

Cremated please. Organ donation is definately out of the question due to my health.
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
    http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_Rin View Post
      Cremated please. Organ donation is definately out of the question due to my health.
      You would be surprised what they can take. Remember that when you are an organ donor it is not just organs you are donating, they can harvest tissue as well. Tissues are not usually something that "save" somebody's life but they improve people's quality of life. Most people are usually able to donate skin, tendon, or their corneas.
      sigpic

Comment

Organ donation, then cremation.

I strongly dislike the idea of being buried.

Comment

Honestly, I don't really care what's done with my body. I won't be in it any more. I told my daughter to get rid of it the cheapest way possible.

Comment

Viking burial at sea.

Comment

i don't want to be buried. cremated, preferably but other than no burial, i really don't care...if my family can make a few bucks off of my body from someone, then by all means, go for it. i'll be dead, what do i care.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I used to feel pretty ambivalent about what happened to my body, but then I realized that I wouldn't want to treat the remains of a loved one with anything other than deep respect - why would I think that my loved ones would feel any different about it? Wouldn't it give them comfort to fulfill a last wish of mine by giving my remains a last show of affection as well as making something special out of something that otherwise would just be gross and uncomfortable? I also realized it would be the last impression I would ever leave in the world and I would like it to reflect my personality.

Comment

I'm thinking buried in a wooden casket. Something that'll deteriorate easily so I can be decomposed back into the Earth.

Comment

I would really love to be floated down a river on a burning raft sort of thing... but seeing as that's extremely unlikely in the modern world especially, I would like to donate organs and then be cremated and have my ashes spread on a river... or added every year to a camp fire or something. However, in some regions, it is already very difficult to legally spread ashes so I don't know.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Organ donor. Don't give a crap otherwise . . . unless I can be frozen and brought back later.

Comment

I want to have my organs donated, then I want of two things to happen:

1. I want to be mummified.
                        or
                        2. I want for someone to illegally burn me on a large wooden pyre.

Also, I will be constructing a monument to myself the moment I hit fifty. If I die before then, I didn't do good enough (unless I'm murdered or something).
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

They can have as many of my organs and tissue as they deem usable...after so many cigarettes and bottles of vodka I don't know how many they would want, though.

I would like to be buried in the cheapest container possible. I would choose to simply be wrapped in cloth and then buried with no casket, but apparently that's illegal. My first choice would be a cardboard box...no sense in breaking your wallet on my dead body, family. If that's not allowed then put me in the cheapest pine box you can get.

I think it's a very depraved thing, spending thousands of dollars on somebody's death. I get that for some people it shows how much you cared about them but please, my body is a sack of bones. I won't be in it anymore. If you want to spend a bunch of money on me when I'm dead, plant a tree or give to the homeless or something.
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Actually Clive, it depends on where you live--the natural burial movement is gaining acceptance, and if I remember correctly from what I read last time, you *can* (at least at some of them) be buries in a shroud (which is usually canvas).
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

According to a friend of mine who is a funeral director the only option in this state for a "green" funeral is to be placed in a wicker casket. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm guess it ain't cheap.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                                According to a friend of mine who is a funeral director the only option in this state for a "green" funeral is to be placed in a wicker casket. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm guess it ain't cheap.
                                well THAT sucks...I wonder what the cost difference for transportation is...

...or we can hope that as it gains acceptance that someone lobbies for a change.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X