Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When you die...

Originally posted by Clive View Post
    According to a friend of mine who is a funeral director the only option in this state for a "green" funeral is to be placed in a wicker casket. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm guess it ain't cheap.
    In most places, since the green-burial movement is just getting started, you would have to discuss options with the funeral director or possibly even a death-rights or funerary services advocacy group (something like the Neptune Society - but they mostly focus on cremation & ecologically sound methods of cremains dispersal). A wicker casket might just be the only thing anyone's considered or decided to put on the menu, so to speak.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't care what's considered legal or not. I want my dead carcass to be buried directly in the earth--preferably some open, desolate field. For some reason I imagine it being right up against the edge of some woods.
      I don't want any of that stupid stuff to be done to my body where they inject me with preservatives and whatnot to make me look less dead. (I'm dead, folks, get over it!) That's just wrong!
      I want an oak tree to be planted on my grave so that, if indeed we do reincarnate, I might be able to come back as the tree. And at my funeral, I want bagpipes to be played and there to be a feast if they so desire.

Comment

I just saw this on TED...an interesting proposition!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to wonder what it would take to start a green burial advocacy group.

Due to my wanting to be a mortician, I've got a lot of random, and so far useless, information about the legal ins-and-outs of our modern funeral practices stuck in my head. I should attempt to put it towards something constructive.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

When I'm dead, harvest my body for organs. Take anything and everything useful from it. I'd prefer to be cremated, but I don't really care all that much. Burn me, bury me, or turn me into dog food.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I want a viking funeral. failing that, I dont really care.

Comment

Originally posted by Never Yield View Post
                I want a viking funeral. failing that, I dont really care.
                What is a viking funeral?
                Gunnarr Sandisson
                "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
                Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

Not to speak for Never Yield, but I assume he means he wants to be put on a boat and set on fire.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                  X