• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi how ru ? am new here

hi how ru ? am new here

Comment

Hello

I'm looking for a new online home as the place I've been for the last eight years is suddenly sour so I have walked away.

About me... well...

Married, got 11 cats and one dog as children. Love crows, got lots of crow friends in the wild. Interested in animal communication. Lift weights to keep strong. Dunno... what do you wanna know?

Comment

Re: hi how ru ? am new here

Welcome to the boards
        My Tumblr
        My Webcomic
        My Twitter

Comment

Re: Hello

Welcome to the boards
          My Tumblr
          My Webcomic
          My Twitter

Comment

A bit of an intro I suppose

These I always find difficult to create for it seems in one extreme your arrogant, another your unfocused and unaware of your life pathway. Occasionally even encountering the point where your stuck trying to say something and none of it feels right or truly conveys what you wish it to.

I go by the name of MonSno_LeeDra which is basically a history of my many names and things reflective to my guides and totems. I am 54 years old, married with two sons and three grand-children. I met my wife while on active duty in the Navy and have been married for 31 years now. I retired after 23 years in the Navy and spent another ten with a local school system as a transportation router before my injuries to my spine and back from my Naval service prevented me from working any more.

I was raised in a family / folkish practice. As a male most of my guidance being towards shamanic type things and green witchcraft which some might equate to a hedge witch type practice. Early in my youth I was sort of adopted by an Italian lady who trained me in what I would come to know as a folkish version of Stregia. Today the Stregian influence is still present but I tend not to speak upon it as it is not mine to pass along. For the most part today I identify as a shamanic type practitioner as my way of life and my spiritual pathway as leaning towards Recon in my pursuit of knowledge about the gods / goddesses I worship and the many aspects that have introduced to me. AS a shamanic type practitioner I see the world in an animistic aspect.

Deity wise I am sworn to and bound to Hecate / Hekate, Artemis, Bast and Pahket. While not sworn or dedicated to I also am pulled to Mafdet and Diana. God wise it would be the Egyptian god Sekor and one I can only recognize as The Huntsman for I have never identified him beyond that nor does he encourage me to do so. I first met Artemis when I was a pre-teen walking upon a mountain trial in the Blue Ridge mountains. Basically I came around a pass through some boulders and came face to face with a young deer. As I stood there looking at it I heard a woman's voice that said "I am Artemis and you are mine!" Consider I had no idea who or whom Artemis was and it made a very life altering encounter.

Through out my youth and teens Artemis and Hecate were there with me. While on active duty they sort of stepped to the back ground while Sekor and The Huntsman guided me, now that I am retired Artemis and Hecate / Hekate have come back to the forfront. While on deployment to the Mediterranean Sea we pulled into Corfu / Korfu Greece where I started to purchase a statue of Artemis only to have a resounding female voice tell me "That is that Roman Diana not me!" later at Rhodes I would consider purchasing a similar one and have the same female voice tell me "I told you that is that Roman Diana not me!" Needless to say I did not buy it. That marked the point where the gods started to step back and the goddesses to step forward again.

I will admit I am unsure of Bast and Pahket in that it was in researching Artemis that I kept getting directed towards them. As such it is difficult to say whether it is their Egyptian aspect or their Greek influence that I see them as. Mafdet sort of ties into that though she is a little more elusive. Diana pulls in, especially in her Diana Nemorensis or Aricia aspect which is heavily influenced by the Taurian Artemis and Artemis of Ephesus / Ephesos which was later created in Rome itself as the Temple of Diana on the Aventine, modeled after her temple at Lake Nemi.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Re: A bit of an intro I suppose

Welcome to the boards! A wonderful introduction. Being still rather new to all of this, I hope to have such vivid encounters with my gods as you have had with yours.
              My Tumblr
              My Webcomic
              My Twitter

Comment

Welcome, welcome

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Re: hi how ru ? am new here

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Hello!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

My mind is playing tricks on me tonight. I totally read your name as snortstuff.

Welcome to pagan forum.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            My mind is playing tricks on me tonight. I totally read your name as snortstuff.

Thanx for the welcomes

Comment

Comment

Hi, I'm new here too

Comment

Working...
                                X