X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Guy around.

Hello and welcome to PF!!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Scuba diving! That's awesome.

Comment

I'm not very good at introducing myself...

...but I'm going to try.

I signed up a couple of weeks ago, but I have a tendency to lurk for a while before making introductions, when I bother with them at all. Actually this is incredibly fast for me to say hi.

So, what can I tell about myself that you would consider even halfway relevant?
        I'm 32 and Danish (the country not the pastry), I'm pagan (if you want a more in depth description of my faith, ask. It's too long for me to bother here if no one winds up reading it), and I spend waaay too much time reading and writing fan fiction (yes I'm a nerd, so that's settled then) and not enough on cleaning (my friends thinks I'm a dust witch). I have a fairly sarcastic humoristic sense and a tendency to play the devil's advocate in arguments, not to be a Troll but because I can't help looking at issues from more than one side and I dislike going with the flow.

If you want further information ask me, else just pass along nothing more to see here.
        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Re: I'm not very good at introducing myself...

You're not a pastry? Damnit, and here I thought we could be friends.

FANFICTION. You and I need to talk, sister.

I saw how artfully you "trolled" the Right To Die thread, and that's just the kind of thinking I like to see. Welcome, and glad you've started posting!
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
            FANFICTION. You and I need to talk, sister.
            You do fan fiction too? You're right, we definitely need to talk .
            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Hey Kal. Welcome!

This is just a slice of personal philosophy so forgive me for coming right out with this, but you mentioned wanting someone to take you under their wing and I want to challenge you to consider that YOU can do that. Here on PF there are lots of people who will help you along your way with support, ideas, information, and essentially anything else that you want, but one of the most wonderful things about this site (again, personal opinion) is that, no matter what, these kind people allow you to make your own decisions.

The overall impression I get around here is: help everyone to help themselves.

So all that to say, I don't know if you'll get a mentor of any kind here, but you WILL grow and learn. That I promise you. Perhaps the more you know, the more you'll be inspired!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                You do fan fiction too? You're right, we definitely need to talk .
                I have in the past, and depending on the what you wrote for, I like to read!

Comment

Re: Hello!!!

Ooooh, Burlesque? Very sexy.

Feel free to stick around and stir the cauldron.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

*Raises hand*
                      Could I know more in depth about your faith, Miss MoonRaven?
                      And welcome Glad you decided to join in the fun. I think you did a fine job of introducing yourself.

Comment

Re: Hello!!!

A burlesque performer? Now that is neat. Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post

This is just a slice of personal philosophy so forgive me for coming right out with this, but you mentioned wanting someone to take you under their wing and I want to challenge you to consider that YOU can do that. Here on PF there are lots of people who will help you along your way with support, ideas, information, and essentially anything else that you want, but one of the most wonderful things about this site (again, personal opinion) is that, no matter what, these kind people allow you to make your own decisions.

The overall impression I get around here is: help everyone to help themselves.
                          Nicely put, Bjorn.

And of course, welcome Kahlenda Feel free to ask questions, we're all quite happy to share what we know.

Comment

Hey :}

I actually started already by just asking questions but formal introduction never killed anybody (maybe)..
                            so hey! I'm Achva, 22, from Israel, now finishing my BA in criminology. I'm married, to a religious jewish guy, which is more fun than you'd think.
                            I've been wiccan for six years, started as a intuitive magia until I decided to research the subject. The biggest challenge for me is to slip pagan traditions to jewish customs and finding the balance between my view to my husband's.
                            I'm hoping to find some interesting discussions here, and learn from the experience of others.
                            That's it :} have a happy evening!

Comment

fanfiction in which setting?
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh Denmark.. Why does it have to be so cold?

Comment

Working...
                                X