X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings.

Two different Constantines there Corbin,

least I'm pretty sure you're referencing the Roman and he's referencing a DC comics character. I could be wrong.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm not so fond of Constantine as I am of Julian the Apothistate, but welcome to PF. I'm in Upper Michigan, lower P., The Great White North. Whereabouts are you from?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

least I'm pretty sure you're referencing the Roman and he's referencing a DC comics character. I could be wrong.
      Sorry for the screwed up posting - my Internet is acting oddly...

Yeah, I know it's the comic Constantine (saw the movie, enjoyed it) , but he's based on the idea of the very first "Holy Roman Emperor" so I still prefer Julian the Evil Pagan.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the screwed up posting - my Internet is acting oddly...

Yeah, I know it's the comic Constantine (saw the movie, enjoyed it) , but he's based on the idea of the very first "Holy Roman Emperor" so I still tend to prefer Julian the Evil Pagan.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Cool, long as you caught the reference. The movie was pretty good. Last Rites as blackmail has to be one of the more entertaining ideas that I've seen.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Cool, long as you caught the reference. The movie was pretty good. Last Rites as blackmail has to be one of the more entertaining ideas that I've seen.
          That was good. I really enjoyed that whole ending bit!
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

yes, the end of that movie was all kinds of amusing

Comment

Re: I'm back!

Juni just be glad I can't terrorize chat right now. If I could the new folks would find out why "the rabid leg jumper" is in my profile.
              Dumuzi I will always remember you of the furry legs.
              The ears are just a distraction.
              Thanks for the warm welcome. Now, LEG JUMPS FOR ALL!
              If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Wondering what kind of a place this is

Hello,

I've been looking for a new forum to join lately, one where the topics and people are interesting but yet there aren't too many or too few of them.

I was on a another forum related to social anxiety for like 2 years but due to the recent outcome between a couple members I have lost the desire to go there.

Wanted to check this place out to see what people are like here, and maybe to learn more about paganism.

Comment

Re: I'm back!

Eh, my legs are off limits for humping anyway. :P Sorry.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Wondering what kind of a place this is

Welcome.
                    I consider this a wonderful place with some great people, many of whom I consider friends.
                    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Welcome,

And this is a very strange place, there are masked people, who make pizza's out of sanity and human body parts.
                      And strange old men that post up the weirdest news stories. XD (love you really guys)

No honestly its a great forum to be on the mods make sure it stays friendly and most of the time they dont have to step in.

Comment

Welcome
                        ooooh i think you will have a great time on here.....its got a little bit of everything!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                          Welcome,

And this is a very strange place, there are masked people, who make pizza's out of sanity and human body parts.
                          And strange old men that post up the weirdest news stories. XD (love you really guys)

No honestly its a great forum to be on the mods make sure it stays friendly and most of the time they dont have to step in.
                          Most of you don't even miss your sanity when it's gone.

Now if you'd kindly deposit your sanity at the front desk, Bones, welcome aboard.

Comment

Most of you don't even miss your sanity when it's gone.

Now if you'd kindly deposit your sanity at the front desk, Bones, welcome aboard.

im not sure i had any to begin with

Comment

Welcome! As for what kind of place this is, is a very welcoming accepting place, if I was going to describe it. I stopped by to ask a single question and I've been here ever since.
                              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Welcome to the boards I, like others have said, have found this place really welcoming and helpful. I hope that this is your experience as well.
                                My Tumblr
                                My Webcomic
                                My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X