This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eyes Wide Open

Welcome aboard and please be advised that by posting, you have ceded your sanity to PF's resident eldritch horror.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Awesome! Welcome on board!
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I suspect through lurking, and through Clive, you've already got a handle on how things work around here, but if you've got any questions, feel free to ask.

Mostly art.

Comment

Re: Hello from Bluethorne~

Thank you everyone, you all seem so nice

I'm not really sure where to get started here.. there are a lot of things I have developed over the past 15 years on my own.. I don’t really take to reading what others write in books or 'documentation' about the Pagan faith, as I feel its learnt for the self.. which is why there are so few of us in this world.. as most people in the world don't care to ever think for who they are.. they like to be led.. I once read a quote though that "The Pagan faith was built by the wise, the true leaders of life.. the rest were commanded on what to think;.. a true leader guides the way, a fake one dictates what to do..".. is it truly possible in the age we live in to expect people to think on their own; as opposed to just accepting solely what they see with their eyes?

A person I once knew, many years ago; told me that magick doesn't exist.. I told her to wait until a month passed and I would show her what magick was, and how truly real it is,. as I told her that was how long it would take for me to explain it.. day by day I sat and spoke to her on msn of the things I knew, of things she wanted to hear, helping her to understand herself, her family, the pain in her life, etc.. and when that month was finished she started crying... she told me it was tears of joy as she never thought anyone would speak to her for a month straight, every day and night, whenever she needed it, and never want anything in return. I gave her a gift, it was magick... And I didn't even have to wave my hand, or speak a word.. And she didn’t kill herself as she said she would that first night I met her; she now has a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter; and a life full of joy and love.

All I think from this is ... Imagine what you could do, if you spoke only one word, if this is what silence did. There is power in this world, far beyond what most could ever comprehend..

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Welcome to the forum. I suspect through lurking, and through Clive, you've already got a handle on how things work around here, but if you've got any questions, feel free to ask.
            I completely agree! You can message anyone (though I can only technically speak for myself) about any questions you have! or even a little outsider perspective on something!

It is a pleasure to meet you Clive's dad!

Comment

Hello! Welcome to the boards! I hope you find it fulfilling
              My Tumblr
              My Webcomic
              My Twitter

Comment

That's a very beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it.
                My Tumblr
                My Webcomic
                My Twitter

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, really enjoyed your introduction! I'm sure you will fit in perfectly!!
                  (really nice story btw, thanks for sharing!!)

Comment

Re: hi there

thank you guys/girls for the welcome i'm not sure where to start with the questions theres just so much out there about wicca that its hard to bewleive what is real and what is fake.
                    Last edited by Heartless_L'Cie; 31 May 2013, 05:08.

Comment

Welcome aboard.
                      If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Re: hi there

The, I guess hard, part about wicca or paganism in general is that what one person may subscribe to, others do not. And while we should be mindful of things people make up (as some can be harmful or is used to scam people) for the most part it's more of a finding of your own path. So definitely filter, but if something makes sense to you then don't stress too much about it. One example I'll give is anything to do with working with stones and their energies. You can find lists of the properties they have, and some general things are agreed upon, but some things don't line up, and all of those things may or may not line up with how you feel about particular stones. Example: Amber is supposed to be soothing. I find it a little bit repulsive even if it's very pretty. This has to do with me personally and is not a truth for others. So it goes with many beliefs in this wonderful adventure you find yourself on.
                        Ask questions, seek, read but don't take anything at face value and don't be afraid to say "This makes sense for me, this doesn't, and this one I've decided is the opposite." We all walk our own paths
                        My Tumblr
                        My Webcomic
                        My Twitter

Comment

I have to say this is just downright inspiring to me, it warmed my heart so freaking much I don't have the words. We should all be so lucky to have parents like you who show as much interest in understanding our odd brand of beliefs! Man, Clive has the best dads ever, that is just so cool! I wish you guys the utmost blessings as you all enter a new chapter in Hawaii.

And of course, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome aboard
                            [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Welcome aboard and please be advised that by posting, you have ceded your sanity to PF's resident eldritch horror.
                              I look forward to being horrified, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

thank you Dumuzi!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you RainbowDemonic, that was quite touching! I feel like we are the lucky ones to have found my son and what a wonderful boy..er..man he is, and how kind-hearted and 3rd eye intuitive he is, we are definitely the lucky ones Blessings to you as well!

- - - Updated - - -

thank you, Dumuzi!

- - - Updated - - -

thank you Volcaniclastic, I'll not be shy about any questions. Clive has given me some etiquette guidelines which will be no problem on this end

- - - Updated - - -

thank you!

Comment

Mmm Eldritch Horror.... ahh the nostalgia...

Anywho, welcome! I am glad to see Clive moving forward in a positive way as well.

Looking forward to your presence here.

Comment

Working...
                                X