This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, new witch here!

Merry Meet, (you know, I don't say that in real life...)

Hi, I'm Astrayus and I am not exactly new to the Pagan lifestyle. I started studying whatever I could get my hands on when I was 15, which was mainly mythology and one or two books on Witchcraft and Wicca and continued to study off and on, with friends and solitary for a few years. (I'm 27 next month :=o I joined the military and had a crisis of the marriage and spirituality. My ex-husband abused my son and left me for a WoW guildie. And I started to reject everything spiritual. I became somewhat of an asshole-skeptic-atheist and though I'm not terribly proud of that phase, I was able to better develop my own philosophy better and now I listen to my intuition and my inner skeptic to further my craft. (Btw, I love discussing views on deity and am very open if anyone every wants to chat)

Things have really turned around for me lately. The universe has sent me a wonderful man and we're having a baby in January, my son is healthy and happy, and I'll be getting out of the military soon to continue my education and be a stay at home mom for the first time! The worst thing is because of my life trauma and atheistic phase I've fallen so far away from Witchcraft that have to start over from 101. I remember basic stuff, of course, but I have trouble doing things like sensing my energy (let alone manipulating it).

That's why I've decided to join a forum! I hope to connect with other people and learn and grow. If you have read this far, thanks!

BB~
    -Astrayus

Comment

Re: Hail and well met.

Yay! Heathens! Welcome to the forum!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Hey, new witch here!

Welcome to the forums Astrayus! I'm so glad you found us here ^_^. I'm glad to hear you've come through all your trials and tribulations alright, and your life is back in order.

Hopefully folks here will be able to aid you in what you're looking for !
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

welcome to the forums !

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

You only said one sentence about your ex husband and I already really dislike him. Hurting kids is on my top list of instant piss offs. (I'm not quite sure what a WoW guildie is :P )

I'm really glad things are going well for you. Hope you enjoy exploring your path.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Thanks for the Welcomes and to the Doctor:

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              (I'm not quite sure what a WoW guildie is :P )
              He left me for a girl he played World of Warcraft with. Good riddance! I was in training for six months and he sent me a let's-get-divorced email. I went to get my kid during Christmas and the moment I arrived at the house my ex left in a rental car. Good thing for him. It only took me a minute to figure out he neglected my son before I called the police. If he stayed around, I would probably be writing this from a prison on manslaughter charges. (and would be none too upset about it either)

Comment

Originally posted by Astrayus View Post

He left me for a girl he played World of Warcraft with. Good riddance! I was in training for six months and he sent me a let's-get-divorced email. I went to get my kid during Christmas and the moment I arrived at the house my ex left in a rental car. Good thing for him. It only took me a minute to figure out he neglected my son before I called the police. If he stayed around, I would probably be writing this from a prison on manslaughter charges. (and would be none too upset about it either)
                Ahhh, World of Warcraft, I've seen too many stories about that game. And I'm glad he didn't stay around, you don't need to go to prison over scum like that.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrayus View Post

Yeah... I hate this guy as well. Most of what I'm thinking of saying I can't say in the family friendly portion of this site, but I'm glad you got your son out of there, and got away from him. Damn.

Comment

Welcome aboard dear

I'm glad you managed to get away from that piece of trash. One more reason I don't play WoW even though I adore Blizzard.

Don't worry, you'll find a lot of really great, caring people on here- I know I have. They're great for giving you that proverbial kick in the ass to remind us where we've been and where we want to go spiritually. Thankfully I (at least not yet) haven't run into anyone who's all "holier than thou" about it though. Just good natured picking on and joking.

Good luck with getting out of the military. My husband's about to ETS as well, so I totally understand all those worries.
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

I loved WoW. Blame humans, not games.

Welcome!

Comment

Haha, I don't blame WoW. And I'm a strong advocate of "Don't you blame my games for your violence, malevolence, etc!"

Comment

Re: Bonjour !

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Bonjour !

Don't apologize for language errors! I had to learn Korean for my job and I completely understand what it's like trying to communicate with people strictly in their language. If I apologized every time I did said something wrong, I would never have a conversation let alone get a taxi driver to go anywhere.

Must be great to be in a place that is ripe in the history of pre-Christian religions. Not to mention rich culture and art! I'm sure I'll love reading your future messages~

Comment

Working...
                                X