X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello, everyone

Originally posted by Ukiuq View Post
    My father's mother was Inuit and kept many, many records of every story and tale she had been told about her people, although she was very Christian. I take my information from there and cross reference it with what I can when I can, when I can find other information. But her records of Malina in particular struck a chord so deep within me I can't describe it, so that was the start.
    And you ended up so far south as Montana? That's amazing - every Inuit I've ever met has never been further south than Edmonton, usually. Or Ottawa. Do you have any family currently in NWT or Nunavut? If you don't mind me asking, what community was your father's mother from?

I'm sorry, I'm just fascinated that we have an Inuit Pagan now. I've been to the arctic on a number of occasions throughout the years, and I know quite a bit about the Inuit, and have been to many northern communities. And they fascinate me. I love the arctic more than any place on earth.

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Hey! Welcome!

btw how do you pronounce your name? I'm not landing on anything much :S :P
    I think it should be pronounced "ooo-kik", but correct me if I'm wrong.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hello!

I've haven't been given a name yet. I'm calling myself Rliberty for the time being. I've been researching the Pagan path for some time now. I have been able to see and speak to spirits for as long as I can remember. I am fairly good with tarot cards. I am still learning, but feel this is the right choice for me. Something has been missing for a long time and this has helped me to become a better person.

Comment

Re: Hello!

Hello and welcome, I am sure you will find what you need here xxx
        http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          And you ended up so far south as Montana? That's amazing - every Inuit I've ever met has never been further south than Edmonton, usually. Or Ottawa. Do you have any family currently in NWT or Nunavut? If you don't mind me asking, what community was your father's mother from?

I'm sorry, I'm just fascinated that we have an Inuit Pagan now. I've been to the arctic on a number of occasions throughout the years, and I know quite a bit about the Inuit, and have been to many northern communities. And they fascinate me. I love the arctic more than any place on earth.

I think it should be pronounced "ooo-kik", but correct me if I'm wrong.
          My father's mother was from Kimmirut, as was her family as much as they can be traced. And then she fell in love with my grandfather via letters and moved downward in Canada, and then my dad fell for my mom and moved to Montana. Ah, the things we do for love... I still have cousins, two uncles and an aunt in Nunavut, though, so I'm the far-flung one for sure.

It's pronounced ooo-ki-uck, actually, but that may be the slight dialect different between Kimmirut names and other places' pronunciation going on. That's always tricky, and has made learning my ancestral language a challenge for me.

Comment

Re: Hello!

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Re-Introduction

Welcome back.

Comment

Ello'

Hey there, I am Daniel and i'm from North-East England!

Ive been somewhat of a solitary practitioner of Heathenry/Asatru for some time now, taking a more modernist approach to my worship and practice and after many years I thought I would just get round to joining a forum and meeting/involving myself with some more Pagans of every branch and leaf.
                I don't dedicate myself to any one of the Aesir or Vanir preferring to dedicate worship and praise to whomever is more appropriate at that time.

I have a huge academic passion for Theology and Comparative religion , one of my favorite areas of study is Old Testament history and scriptural evolution and this does cross over slightly into New Testament and early church history, and also middle-eastern/african history from about 1700-700bc .I have a deep love for early Buddhist Philosophy and Taoism, and have studied in varying degrees Christianity as a whole, Islam, Vaishnavic and Saivite Hinduism, Egyptian Religion and central European religious history.

I'm really into my sports and fitness(and have a Degree in Sports Science) I currently do a lot of Cycling and coach a University TKD club and fight team, love Basketball, Cricket, Archery , Shooting and I used to be a keen hunter.

Ive been a huge forum buff for years now, and in the past have been a Moderator for the old wiccaforums back in 2005-7(I'f anyone remembers that place!) and also one of the team mod's for the Religion and Philosophy section of TheStudentRoom(one of the largest/most active forums in the world)

Apart from that, I am married and have a baby on the way and am stuck in a crap job that pays the bills.

So yea, hello!

Comment

Re: Ello'

Hello and welcome to Pagan Forum.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

welcome ! I hope you like it here!
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Sounds like you have a lot of interesting information to share. Welcome aboard Looking forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Hi and welcome!!! Looks like you might have your brains picked alot. Hope to squeeze info out of you myself (hehehe)

I am sure you will enjoy it here xxx
                        http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

Re: Browser on stick died

My last one, which this one is replacing died in 3. The one before that was stolen after just 1 year out of my motel room while on holiday. Computers hate me.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Hail, hail!

I don't think you can.....

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Ok then! Hi Ooo-ki-uck!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Hello! Nice to meet you!

The Heathens are rolling in atm! Exciting times!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment