This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-Introduction

Welcome back, hun! It's been a while. You must've been around before the change over if your account didn't exist anymore, but that's been a while ago. Still, glad to see you back
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Hello

First post. How I got here is a strange tale that hopefully I can get some input on. I've never been religious, but lately I've been doing a lot of seeking and questioning. Oddly enough, I had a vivid dream a few nights ago where I was sitting around a campfire with a man with antlers growing out of his head. I was camping a few weeks back, so I figured the fire bit came from that. But I was surprised when I Googled "man with antlers" and found pages and pages about the Horned God. I had never heard of him before. So, is it a weird coincidence? Something more? Am I making something out of nothing? Has this ever happened to any of you? Thanks for your time, and please be patient with my lack of knowledge.

Comment

Re: Hello

First off hello and welcome to the Forum. I'm Lil
        The dream might well have been just a coincidence or something more. The more you learn about Paganism in general, the better you will be able to draw that conclusion for yourself. No one can really tell you if it was a coincidence or not, only you can answer this question truthfully within your heart.
        So my advice to you, read, read, read and read some more. Gather as much information as you can, you will see what is right for you eventually.
        This place is wonderful to learn, talk and share experiences and I'm sure everyone will be patient with you, they were with Me and many others
        Good luck on your journey, you've started an interesting one

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Admittedly this came out of nowhere for me, but the more I read online the more it makes perfect sense. Any suggestions on some good reads to educate myself a bit?

Comment

Hello

I am a silly old man that knows nothing and has everything to learn.The end of this month I will have followed my path for 56 years and it has been quite the adventure.Found the site by chance and decided to drop in and see what I can learn from here and offer to help where I can.
            silly old man

Comment

Hello! I'm sure you're not just a silly old man, I mean look at your name! You're also a DreamWeaver! WELCOME
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Welcome fellow Ontarian! Enjoy the forums
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Welcome. No lack of knowledge is disrespected or frowned upon here. It's admirable to want to learn more, despite your age, and that's what we respect.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes an I am very glad to be here
                        silly old man

Comment

Greetings

Hello,

I'm new to the board, and looking forward to getting to know everyone. I have been Pagan since I was about 15 years old, so it's been almost a decade. I started out with the Cunningham/Ravenwolf version of neo-Wicca, then branched out into studying British Traditional Witchcraft and Feri Tradition. I'm not an initiate of any tradition in particular, but I have had a few mentors along the way, and I'm influenced by all of the traditions I've practiced.

I have mainly felt an affinity with the Greek pantheon, and spent many years as a Hellenic Recon around the end of high school and during the first few years of university. In the end I found it a bit too difficult to exclusively subscribe to the religious traditions of a dead culture in which I do not live, and I disagreed with how many recons view an ancient culture's "religion" as a monolithic system. I went back to a more loose Witchcraft kind of system, while still following many Greek deities, plus Isis. Egyptian civilization is another big interests of mine, and I'm interested in it's native religion as well as Greco-Egyptian syncretism during the Hellenistic period. Isis especially, as a deity, is such a fascinating and complete divinity, though I mainly regard her in her Hellenized guise as kind of a universal Aphrodite-Demeter kind of goddess. I'm aware of the differences between her Egyptian and Greek forms, but at the core I think the Egyptian Aset and the Hellenized Isis embody the same principles.

The main deities I follow now are Hestia, of course, as her flame is the foundation of the worship of the other gods, as well as Isis, Dionysus (identified with Osiris), Zeus, Hera, and Athena. My main permanent shrine is dedicated to Isis and Dionysus, and I think that reflects who I am spiritually, as it's a union of my two source cultures, as well as a representation of the Great Goddess and Dying-and-Rising God of Witchcraft. My daily practice tends to be more recon-oriented, while the Witchcraft and its mysteries of life-death-rebirth inform the more mystical aspects of my spiritual life.

That was a long post, I hope you aren't too bored. Hopefully we can chat more on the various discussions on the forum.

Comment

Re: Greetings

Welcome.

Comment

Hello all!

Hello everyone! My (spirit) name is Kanai (pronounced Kuh - NAH - ee) and I am very new to Paganism. I have done a lot of research after leaving Christianity, and this faith seems to fit me perfectly. I am so happy to join this community, as I hope to learn what I can about Paganism through the help of experienced members. If I can I would like to go under the wing of a mentor, to help explain holidays, Gods and Goddesses, and tons more to me, so that I may understand the religion more deeply. Yes, I am somewhat of a noob... a grammatical, open-minded, patient noob. Despite my newness, I would like to declare here and now that I did not choose Paganism because I though it was "cool" and "different." I chose it because it resonates with what I believe; the values I hold.

Anyways, with the serious stuff behind, here is a description of me as a person.

My personality is, generally, confident, leading, patient. I used to be very shy, and although I am still somewhat of an introvert, I have grown more sure of myself over the years. I'm a good listener, and protective; I guard over my friends like they are family. I am an eager, positive person and I tend to get excited easily. I try to be selfless and forgiving. Let it be warned (and apologized for in advance to future close friends): I am a very, very, VERY strange person. And proud of it.

Oh and, since the name Kanai is kinda masculine, I'd like to clarify that I'm a girl. 100% female.

Likes: Scary movies, lions, sour candy, roller coasters, long runs, long walks (especially on a beach!!), toblerones, Minecraft, Skyrim, meditation, astral projection (a new interest of mine), big dogs, horses, training animals, flowers, staying home alone or with a friend watching a scary movie while enjoying cheese pizza and root beer (BLISS!), hugs, adrenaline, and bonsai trees, in no particular order.

Dislikes:
                              In people:
                              Smacking, willful ignorance, negativity, close-mindedness, bullies, liars, deceivers, chewing gum too loudly, insensitivity, racism, fast/instant judgement, especially of gender and sexuality, and most of all, changing who they are for approval or popularity.

Other: Licorice, rap music, pop music, dubstep, etc. Can't think of much else...

Strange stuff about meeee(some mentioned previousleeeee):

-I'm therian
                              -I astral project
                              -I am a clairsentient
                              -I can sense some emotions/burdens in other people. Yes, somewhat of a psychic, if terms matter. Looking for a mentor and/or friend to help me extend my "abilities."
                              -I am very affectionate. :creepy:

Any questions, welcomes, criticisms, comments, dedications, speeches, or replies are gratefully accepted. Thank you and have a nice day.

-Kanai

Comment

Re: Hello all!

Welcome!

Where did you get your spirit name?
                                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                                sigpic
                                In Days of yore,
                                From Britain's shore
                                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                                On Canada's fair domain.