• Show
Clear All

Re: Hello!

ROTFL! Yes... that's true. ;^_^
    My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Re: Hello from Maryland

Hullo!! Welcome to PF!

...I'm just a bit down the bad from you, lol!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Hello!

Indeed welcome!
        Side effects of the forum may include dizziness and an urge to make all of the posts. All of them.
        Enjoy your stay.
        "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
        nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
        As blending the Light with the Dark
        merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Re: Hi everyone!

How did you get into your chosen path? Did you begin exploring one before you narrowed down to the one that was right for you?

i am doing research and am getting hold of the book 'drawing down the moon' as I've noticed it mentioned on a few sites. I'm learning about the solar and lunar cycles and trying to be more in tune with nature, but I have no idea where to go from there? What do I start with to begin to gain some kind of a connection and relationship?

Because there are SO many paths, I don't know where to start!

Comment

Welcome aboard
            [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritdance View Post
              How did you get into your chosen path? Did you begin exploring one before you narrowed down to the one that was right for you?
              Personally, I started as a Wiccan (at the time I didn't realize there was anything else), slowly transitioned into Egyptian reconstruction with a separate side-practice of eclectic witchcraft, then left reconstruction and fully took on practicing hedgecraft. That all took place over 10 years, about. Learned a lot before coming to my current tradition, so it was all good.

Cliche as it sounds, it's really more about the journey than the destination. So don't be afraid to wander around a bit and take your time looking at many things. You may even find you prefer taking a more eclectic approach, rather than finding one tradition that fits you.

I'm learning about the solar and lunar cycles and trying to be more in tune with nature, but I have no idea where to go from there? What do I start with to begin to gain some kind of a connection and relationship?
              Because there are SO many paths, I don't know where to start!
              Well, to make things a bit worse, not every path follows the Wheel of the Year (which is generally the set of holidays a lot of pagan books focus on, Samhain, Beltaine, Imbolc, and such). Not every path also put emphasis on getting in tune with nature.

There are so many different paths out there, it can get kinda overwhelming. There are a few things you can consider though that might help you find some sort of starting point... Is there a particular culture, or cultures that you're drawn too? Maybe ancestral cultures, maybe other ones. Mythology you enjoy, that sort of thing? Do you have any beliefs already, for example about deity/deities, the afterlife, that sort of thing? Any particular practices you're interested in?

It's also good to just read, read, read. Just find basic articles about various traditions, just dig in anywhere. Some people have luck with wikipedia, just going to the article on neo-paganism and link surfing from there. If you see something that catches your eye, follow it. Blogs are also great, and of course, forums - lots of good information in the Pagan Traditions section here, for example. Just have to dig in somewhere, anywhere, and start sorting through information.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Re: Hello from Maryland

Welcome to PF!

Comment

Re: Well met.

Welcome Will!

Comment

Pagan Forum Awards!

I wrote this idea in the madcap ideas thread and it went a something like this..

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

On my other forum, every August, when the forum has its anniversary, we have the 'YOT Awards' We have something like 15 categories from 'funniest posts' to, 'most loveable' and there is even 'member you'd most like to have a drink with'. Then someone is chosen to collect votes and everyone votes members for each category. Those who win, get to have the category they won under their name and avatar so it's visible whenever they post. I'm currently sporting YOT's 'Most Lovable' although I also won 'Best fan fic'.

We have a thread for it where we suggest categories for a few months prior. Then when we have agreed on a final list, voting starts 4 weeks before August 11th.

Just another idea..
                    Is this an idea people imagine might be fun to try around here?
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Re: Pagan Forum Awards!

I'm not sure we have enough active members to make it worth while just now. I imagine the same few people winning everything. Still it is something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                        I'm not sure we have enough active members to make it worth while just now. I imagine the same few people winning everything. Still it is something to think about.
                        I don't know, we have a fair few regulars, but yes, you do get friends voting for friends, which was always the downside. On YOT things are a bit different because we have fan fiction, we fan art, there are members who are internationally recognised players so really good at advising we mere mortals about our game.. we have online tournaments and then of course, those who are just *ss backwards in love with Yoshi <3 So we are diverse enough that we don't all have an equal chance at being nominated for every category. We also have joke categories that only one member could possibly win. Like we have ONE comic artist, so obviously she is going to win Best Comic. So here, we could have 'Worst Reputation' or something with a better ring to it, and we'd all know who'll win!!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thank you so much for your responses, I think ill find it really helpful.

yeah I have actually had a long interest in Egyptian gods and goddesses since I was a child, the subject came up at school and I was hooked. Over the years it's an interest that's very much stayed with me, I sometimes have days where ill research and watch what documentaries I can find, sometimes ill want to draw them.

i've begun trying tarot cards, and have found the results positive.

I seem to be mildly in tune with people, I tend to be able to see in people's eyes if there is something wrong when its not visible to others, even if i dont know them very well, eg a regular customer at work - although I'm not great on instincts, almost always wrong on first impressions!

other than that, I believe in spirits (ifs that's a welcomed term) but am not sure of their agendas. I have seen some strange things, and have one thing that happens to me that I'm now wondering if it may mean anything, its hard to put into words but i'll try
                          going back literally as long as I can remember, if I touch, smell, or sometimes just see something that's strange to me (it tends to be something I would find difficult for me to relate to) eg my most recent example a few weeks ago, I simply saw a label handwritten on a water machine at work and my thoughts went to who could have written it and where they may be etc, and for a split second-I feel like I'm falling :s to the point that I feel my upper body begin to tip forward when it then stops. My body almost shudders and i experience a moment of internal hearing (the noise you hear at the peak of a yawn is the most suitable description)! As I've gotten older I've tried to prolong this when it happens just to see where it takes me (hopefully not to the floor)! But can't seem to affect it. I've never found anyone else that's experienced it. It also tends to happen in very old buildings, abandoned rooms etc by touch or the smell.

any thoughts??

Comment

I really like that Idea. There's enough regular people on here to pull that off effectively.
                            And plus it'd be an interesting thing to do too.
                            "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                            nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                            As blending the Light with the Dark
                            merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Re: Greetings! =)

So this is a very delayed reply to all of you. My boyfriend Donnie and I had recently moved into a 2 bedroom apartment...because his one bedroom apartment wouldn't fit my stuff...so we moved down the street. lol! We now live in a beautiful small basement apartment. The spare bedroom became our ritual room. (craft room/ library/ study/ meditation room...We just call it the ETC room. !) We are actually underground, so the windows are eye level to the top of the ground. I love it, I feel like I'm one with the earth. and we have a beautiful view in the distance of the sunset. Soon the snow will come and I will have to drive my boyfriend out of the apartment to shovel out the snow from our windows. hehe.. When we finish setting up the ritual room, Maybe I can show you guys the room? Might be a while but It's coming together slowly.

I thank you guys so so much for asking about how I'm feeling with my surgrey. You have no idea how much that means to me and seeing all the posts. I'm recovering well, my scar looks so beautiful..it's going to heal nicely. The pain doesn't hurt as much anymore, and I'm slowly being able to lift the half gallon of milk again. yay! My past scars I have, the one at my neck can't even be seen unless you really look. And the one under my arm can still be seen...it gets itchy still. O_o (I had wrote my story on my profile...because I guess my heart really shapped my life.) But yes! I'm so excited to write that I took my first biike ride in a long time. I haven't rode a bike since the beginning of the year. So exxcited! Now I'm ready to hook up my new TV to start doing yoga, to get my strength back.

my partner doesn't share all of my faith but he is very accepting of it so I'm happy with that. I hope we meet around here often.

Of course we will meet back here! My ex boyfriend before Donnie was very accepting as well. I will admit it's hard because He didn't fully understand, and even asked questions that are misconceptions of our name. "Do you do curses? Drink blood?" etc. I sat him down, and explained everything gracefully. He didn't mind at all, but when a SAbbath came up, he would get curious. We still talk to this day. I broke up with him because I had gotten overwhelmed with my depression issues, and knowing my surgrey was crawling closer..I paniced. I guess Donnie grounded me with his love, and grace. Tommy and I still talk, and are friends. We had his own sscare, so we talk through it..and I'm happy to know he's in a better state and moving on.

but yes! I think I should cut myself before I write a novel of all sorts of wibbly wobbly things! XD I will be around more now. Message me if you like. ^_^

Comment

Honestly? I worry it would become a popularity contest.

Comment

Working...
                                X