This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello!

XIII is correct, you may feel the need to post everywhere and in everything, then you can be subscribed to all the posts!
    also... Hello and Welcome!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Hello from Maryland

Hello and welcome! we always love having new people around!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Howdy, neighbor! I don't live too far from Hwy 15, though about an hour further south. We've got chickens but no goats. Next year turkeys and sheep if all goes well.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Hello, and Welcome to the Forum!
          "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
          -Muhammad Ali

Comment

Re: Pagan Forum Awards!

I think it sounds like fun, I think there would be some popularity contest things going on, but isn't that what a vote is? I actually quite like this idea! even if some members are on and off sometimes, I think we would find we have more active members for things than we realised. also it could make us think about things we did'nt before.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

I still think we should go back to Member of the Month.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
                Honestly? I worry it would become a popularity contest.
                You're just jealous I'd win every award. Haters gonna hate.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                I still think we should go back to Member of the Month.
                [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  You're just jealous I'd win every award. Haters gonna hate.
                  Well you would certainly win some goat related awards...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

I like this idea! ^_^
                    Then again... I like almost everything. LOL. But hey, I wouldn't mind voting for people for awards! ^o^
                    My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Re: Hello!

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      XIII is correct, you may feel the need to post everywhere and in everything, then you can be subscribed to all the posts!
                      ^ I do this...
                      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Re: Well met.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Be advised that by posting here, you cede your sanity to the resident Eldritch horror.
                        A Jedi? Close enough to brethren, I should say. Who is the resident horror, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
                          Honestly? I worry it would become a popularity contest.
                          This would be my worry, too.
                          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Re: Well met.

I'm currently claiming positions of resident Jedi, Eldritch Horror and Inquisitor of the God-Emperor of Man. The positions do conflict slightly but what's the point in being an eldritch horror from beyond the boundaries of this universe if I can't manage a mere three contradictory positions at once.

It's also possible that I'm a little crazier than normal but since sanity is only really useful as a pizza topping anyway, that shouldn't concern anyone here.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Based on my experience on other sites, there is a real danger that it would divide people. A blog site I used to use (eons ago) did this every year and in the end the whole thing exploded in so much bitterness that it had to be stopped.

I think things that are done in a spirit of fun are one thing... but there are some folks out there who really don't know the meaning of that. ;-)
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                                a real danger that it would divide people
                                In my experience, conflict creates activity. I'm not saying I'm pro the forum awards idea. I'm just saying I don't see anything wrong with a little "division" as you put it, on an internet forum. As long as it doesn't get out of control (nasty) but that's what moderation is for.

Comment

Working...
                                X