X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Forum Awards!

There are plenty of forums like that.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
      In my experience, conflict creates activity. I'm not saying I'm pro the forum awards idea. I'm just saying I don't see anything wrong with a little "division" as you put it, on an internet forum. As long as it doesn't get out of control (nasty) but that's what moderation is for.
      Yes, but what sort of activity? We already - as others have mentioned elsewhere - divisions along the lines of our paths. Those are relatively easy to deal with in a spirit of mutual information and the seeking of knowledge.

But clearly my experiences are quite different from yours.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        I still think we should go back to Member of the Month.
        I like this too. Though I think it should be decided on a random basis rather than a vote like it was last time.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
          I like this too. Though I think it should be decided on a random basis rather than a vote like it was last time.
          If i remember correctly, last time the mods and supporters put names forward for who they thought should get member of the month, then it went to public vote... i think....

Comment

Would it be division, if everyone gets an award? Just an idea. But probably a dumb one... I'll shut up now. :x
            My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Last time it wasnt really an award. The member of the month got to sort of be spotlighted. So there would be a member of the month section on the forum, and say you were chosen, there would be a generic list of "interview" questions for you to answer so the members could get to know you a little better then the thread would be open (or the mod in charge would be PM-ed) with questions from other forum members.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
                If i remember correctly, last time the mods and supporters put names forward for who they thought should get member of the month, then it went to public vote... i think....
                Yeah, but I thought maybe if left up to chance there's less cry of popularity contest that way. I know there's the problem of inactive members too, or maybe a random spambot that signed up right as the die was cast, or Ziltoid coming in and declaring himself Member of the Month or something like that, but I hoped the random number would make it less likely for someone to cry foul.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

For some reason, i seem to think it was just supporters who were chosen to be member of the month, as a sort of perk of being a supporter... not sure if that is right. Ugh, i cant remember. ALOT has happened since then, both on the forum and IRL lol

Comment

Yep, that's how I remember it working as well. So the more active members usually would get chosen/voted for first. However, as was mentioned, it was less of an award and more of a get to know people kinda thing, so everyone just one the one month. So unlike an award system, you wouldn't keep seeing the same people voted in, so in the end it would make for more of a variety of people getting the spotlight. I think it was a pretty fun idea, and I'd rather see something like that come back instead of a reward sort of system. The old way wasn't bad - but if there was some effective way to have it more random, that would be fine too.
                    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

For some reason, i seem to think it was just supporters who were chosen to be member of the month, as a sort of perk of being a supporter... not sure if that is right. Ugh, i cant remember. ALOT has happened since then, both on the forum and IRL lol
                      You're totally right. I remember getting to vote when I was a supporter. So don't sweat it.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Right, only supporters voted... but non-supporters could still be featured, couldn't they? Ha, it's been a long time. Still, overall I think it was a fun little thing, the system could be tweaked a bit to make it fit the current forum better, anyway, if that was an issue.
                        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                          Right, only supporters voted... but non-supporters could still be featured, couldn't they? Ha, it's been a long time. Still, overall I think it was a fun little thing, the system could be tweaked a bit to make it fit the current forum better, anyway, if that was an issue.
                          You're correct. For the longest time it was only the supporters that could vote. We only opened it up to all members at the end because we didn't have many active supporters at the time. Typically the order was staff and supporters were in the spotlight first, but non-members could also be voted to be the MotM. Unfortunately, I stopped having time for the feature and so the whole thing kind of fell to the wayside. I would like to see it return, but unfortunately, my availability has not improved in that regard. If another mod would like to bring this back, they have my full support. On the other hand... maybe we could bring a twist to this in the sense that if a Supporter would like to volunteer for this task, I could make that happen, too.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                            You're correct. For the longest time it was only the supporters that could vote. We only opened it up to all members at the end because we didn't have many active supporters at the time. Typically the order was staff and supporters were in the spotlight first, but non-members could also be voted to be the MotM. Unfortunately, I stopped having time for the feature and so the whole thing kind of fell to the wayside. I would like to see it return, but unfortunately, my availability has not improved in that regard. If another mod would like to bring this back, they have my full support. On the other hand... maybe we could bring a twist to this in the sense that if a Supporter would like to volunteer for this task, I could make that happen, too.
                            I'll volunteer if there's someone else who wants to do with with me? to help when either of us is massively busy ( i currently have 2 jobs, and a college course, and Im picking up another course in Jan)

Comment

If you bring this back: May I suggest that we all get a vote but that supporter votes are worth 2 and non supporter votes are worth 1.

Comment

I'll volunteer if there's someone else who wants to do with with me? to help when either of us is massively busy ( i currently have 2 jobs, and a college course, and Im picking up another course in Jan)
                                I can help you with it once I get to my new place. It'll be about a week or two before I have internet there though.
                                It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                                -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Working...
                                X