X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Forum Awards!

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
    I'll volunteer if there's someone else who wants to do with with me? to help when either of us is massively busy ( i currently have 2 jobs, and a college course, and Im picking up another course in Jan)
    I'll join on with you.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I could definitely get behind the Member of the Month thing. I have only distant memories of it. Was it on the old forum?

Many of the points made about the awards thing are valid. The manjikai team is small and we only have a handful of active members. There are enough categories that almost everyone who is a regular poster, gets to win something. It has never caused any conflict or anger and we have been known to invent categories especially for the individual so they can win. This might not work so well on a larger forum and we would probably have to let people opt out so they don't have to worry about whether or not anyone will vote for them.

For now, maybe we should just stick to member of the month and see how it goes. It should give more people a fair chance to be chosen. I'm glad to see there are already keen volunteers for this!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
        I'll volunteer if there's someone else who wants to do with with me? to help when either of us is massively busy ( i currently have 2 jobs, and a college course, and Im picking up another course in Jan)
        I don't mind helping either.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hey, I know that I'm new here, but I have a hour a day I can spare to help out with this, if anyone needs me. ^_^
          My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Hello from another newbie

Hello everyone!

First I must say that I was attracted to this forum by the picture of the sunlit forest at the top.

I am here because there are aspects of me that are pagan. Though I was raised in the Christian church and taught to stay away from paganism, I have always had a close relationship with nature and other things associated with pagan practice.

I am in the process of making sense of my Christian experience, and I have a lot of questions because I am at an uncertain point in life about what I believe.

I hope to learn a lot here. Thanks for reading!

Comment

Re: Hello from another newbie

Hello and welcome, feel free to have a read through things and ask questions!
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Welcome

And don't be afraid, like Maria said, to ask more questions. Lots of experienced members here that are happy to help.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Hello, and Welcome to the Forum! As mentioned by the others above, feel free to ask as many questions as you need. There are many here who would be glad to help!
                  "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
                  -Muhammad Ali

Comment

Welcome!

Don't be afraid to ask questions of us. When you're trying to figure out your beliefs, it's good to have questions, to question things you see/hear, to use your brain and logic (read as "don't leave your brain at the door").

Seriously, don't leave your brain at the door. We have a few people here that might make off with it.

Don't worry, though. The majority of posters here don't bite. There's one or two that might claw you, though.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

Welcome ^_^ Looking forward to seeing you around.

Comment

Welcome!

Can I ask what denomination of Christianity? "The Christian church" covers a lot of territory, lol !!
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              Welcome!

Can I ask what denomination of Christianity? "The Christian church" covers a lot of territory, lol !!
                              the "Church of Christ"

Comment

Welcome to the forum! :-)
                                I have a similar story, was raised Methodist Christian, always felt closer to nature and Pagan ideas... was shushed about that and pretty much told to ignore that side of me. Of course, I didn't listen. Have been on the Wiccan path for nine years, never looked back or regretted it. ^_^
                                My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Working...
                                X