• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And it starts.

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      I too started off in a very religious Christian family and even went so far as to become an Ordained Christian Minister for my local church for two years, when I was age 21. But I never felt like I fit and when I would ask questions about the faith with senior Ministers, I was often told that I should be quiet about my questions and ideas concerning God and nature, because "that's so dangerously close to sounding like something a Pagan would say or think!" In the end, I lost my faith in the religion completely, spent a year without any and stumbled onto the Wiccan path. I never regretted it.

I am unfamiliar with the Goddess Eris, but there are many Gods and Goddesses that I am still discovering yet, in my nine plus years as Pagan. Thanks for sharing about Her!
      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        [4:82]

Comment

Welcome!

Be advised that by posting here you have agreed to hold Paganforum membership blameless in the inevitable loss of your sanity.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Re: Stuff is broken! I think.

Originally posted by DashREM View Post
              Ah, okay. Thank you sir.

Er...

Is this an equality of the sexes deal?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                Er...

Is this an equality of the sexes deal?

lol...you know, I used to tell my kids that I expected them to behave like ladies and gentlemen, but was corrected by my daughter. Now I tell them to both behave like gentlemen because "being a lady just isn't any fun" and "I can be polite without a dress on, mom"
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Whoopsies!:bounce:

Comment

I was starting to rationalize sailor terminology.

Yes, sir. Right away, sir. Ma'am.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hi, new Druid member today

hi, just signed up

Druidry seems to be the religion that sits most right with me, though I've still a lot to learn.

I'm also interested in Wicca and Thelema plus one or two other spiritual systems.

Philosophy is another great interest of mine.

hope to meet and discuss with you all soon::

Comment

Re: Hi, new Druid member today

WELCOME!!!!

Be advised that by posting here, you agree to hold PaganForum membership blameless in the loss of your sanity.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Howdy. 789

Comment

hello and welcome! this is a good place to find plenty of discussion!
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Hiii

Hi everyone, i'm new here as you can see.

I actually don't know what to write, but I just hope people will be more respectful, and permissive here. That's all!

Oh i should mention that I haven't found a religion yet, i'm still searching, and i thought there's might be some interresting religions here, than what I hear in the school..

Love to y'all! Bye

Comment

Working...
                                X