This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young professional looking for Pagan path

Thanks so much for reading this and having me on this site. I'm gonna try the skirt rule with my introduction; long enough to cover the basics, short enough to be interesting. hahaha

I follow many Pagan pages on Facebook and felt the need to actually have some human interaction as opposed to reblogging photos of fairies. The forum looked active and I'm no noob to forums, but this will be my first one that will actually take me on a path and educate me. I'm so excited to be here!

I've joined with the purpose of finding answers to my questions and discovering things I never knew needed to be. The Pagan path has been exposed to me since childhood, though I have never personally followed it. My mother feels she is psychic and has dabbled in her adult life and I have witnessed her increasing interest in it. I'd love to learn the path from her, but unfortunately when I tried, I discovered she lied about things in hopes of pushing me towards the path she wanted for me, instead of encouraging me to find my own way. Because of that, I'm a little jaded to ever discuss spirituality with her or family ever again. I find a lot of comfort in learning from people online and can hope one day I'll meet people in my area.

I'm not even quite sure if what I intend to follow is called Pagan, I am still learning. I have my own philosophy that there is a balance between having a spiritual connection to the earth, being able to still pursue a wealthy life without materials consuming you and approaching it all from a somewhat rational view...... It makes a lot more sense in my head. :xD: A fan of spirituality, success and science, if there's a name for that path, sign me up! lol Whatever it is I feel, I do feel that only those on the Pagan path can understand where I'm coming from.

Outside of that my hobbies are anime/manga, cosplay, steampunk, running businesses, fanfiction and vampires. I saw some anime/manga thread so I know there are some very neat people here already.

I ruined my own skirt rule, but thanks for reading it all. :^^:

Comment

Re: Young professional looking for Pagan path

Welcome to the forum
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hello and welcome to Pagan Forum. I enjoyed reading the intro.

The term "Pagan" has such a broad definition that it's hard to pin point for someone what their exact path is. We have lots of members here that believe parts of a few different paths and we also have lots of members who follow a specific tradition to the T. So you'll get many different responses to your questions. Looking forward to seeing some of them around the forum.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hi. Nice intro.

Comment

Welcome to PF, I hope you enjoy it here.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!

I think you followed the skirt rule perfectly, lol. And if you are looking for a place to explore your beliefs, you've picked a good one!
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank you all so much for the welcomes! I hope to hop into the posting soon. I think my first will be about spirit guides... I think I have an animal spirit guide following me and I'm in the dark as to what to do or what it wants!

Comment

Hello, and Welcome to the Forum!
                      "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
                      -Muhammad Ali

Comment

WELCOME!!!!

Be advised that by posting here, you have ceded your sanity to the resident eldritch horror.
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello and welcome! I hope you can find what you are looking for here!
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Looking for some direction

Hello everyone! My name is Alyssa, and I'm a musician/composer who would like to find her path among all the vast amounts of religions out there.

Until recently, I lived in a home with a father who was a very strict, conservative christian, and I believed in christianity myself for a while. But I don't really think there's ever been time where I haven't doubted that it wasn't right for me, and I was always drawn to paganism, but sometimes i feel that all the exposure to christianity that I had (particularly the Assembly of God) I feel like I was brainwashed in a way.

I did research on wicca in the past during one period of time where I heavily doubted, but I never quite converted. This summer I did a lot research on Shinto, the Japanese folk religion, and while I love their ideas on spirituality and their morals, it's quite hard living in the US and practicing it. I also did a bit of research on metaphysical things, such as astral projection and whatnot, and that research, along with other personal experiences, kind of form the basis of what I'm looking for. I want to take a look around to see what else is out there, and, since I myself am part Irish, have sort of a desire to connect back to my roots and study paganism that originated in Ireland, or just general celtic paganism.

So, that's all I can think of right now. If anyone has advice or practices a form of celtic paganism, I'd welcome anything that could be helpful.

Comment

Re: Looking for some direction

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

If you'll just sign the sanity release form at the desk, we can process you into the general forum population in no time.
                              Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: Looking for some direction

Welcome to Pagan Forum. I personally don't follow any Celtic paths so i'll leave that up to our more experienced (in that field) members to answer any questions.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X