• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello, I'm Andromeda

Welcome.

Comment

Hello everyone I'm Moirlend

Hello everyone I'm Moirlend, over the past 9 years I became spiritual dormant. My first dealing with a religion other than Christianity was during a dark summer when I was 16. I met a man who said he followed Satan and I thought it was cool and wanted to learn. Long story made short the guy was full of it and I got away before any real damage was done. The upside to that summer was during one of the conversations with that man he told me that if I ever came across a Wiccan to run away. Fast forward 4 years I'm in the Army and studying Christianity and coming up with more question than answers, then I remember the conversation I had back when I was 16 about staying away from Wiccans and a light bulb went off. I went out the following weekend and bought Ray Bucklands Complete book of Witchcraft and it turned out to be an eye opener. After Buckland I went on to Ravenwolf and Cunningham, it just so happened that I was set to deploy to Egypt for 6 months, I decided then that I would take the 6 months to decided if becoming a Wiccan/Pagan was what I truly wanted to do. I took that 6 month and had some interesting conversation with others and when I came back I decided that the Wiccan/Pagan path was right for me.

Once I got married and out of the Army I slowly started to practice less and less to the point where I stopped. I have no real reason as to why I stopped I just did. I've had moments over the past few years where I thought I was ready to get back into my faith again but I didn't. Then this past month I was finally able to complete a move to my wife's home town and within a week of being here her father who had been ill for a very long time took a turn for the worst. I ended up spending most of a week with family at his bedside watching him get weaker and weaker and finally passing away. I didn't know my father-in-law very well, during most of my marriage we've lived 10+ hours away, but watching that man die has had a profound effect on me that I am still trying to understand. One of the effect that I will always be grateful for is the reawaking of my spirituality. Over the years of being spiritually dormant my beliefs have evolved and I'm no longer the fluffy that I was once was. I joined the site to learn and pass on what I have learned.

I look forward to getting to know everyone
      Blessed Be.

Comment

Re: Hello everyone I'm Moirlend

Hello Moirlend and welcome to the forum. Hope you'll enjoy your time here!!
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

hello and welcome!
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Hello, I'm Andromeda

Hello and welcome! Just hang in there and you will find lots of information whether or not you post alot!
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hello :]

Hello! I'm new to the forums...I live in the liquid sunshine state of Oregon, I use public transit and my feet to get around (and sometimes an awesome bicycle that I got from Burning Man last year)
                  I'm on my way to being a crazy cat lady, I even have the pagan cats tarot deck (shhh!) and I have one cat named pookie who is a smushy faced kitty who I love because he snores when he sleeps and snorts when he's happy. It's rad.
                  I like tattoos and piercings, I have my cheeks pierced which is kind of uncommon? And very cool, I dig it. I also have bright red hair and like waking up in the morning and seeing in the mirror that I kind of look like a cartoon character.
                  I also love scary movies and my favorite bands are slipknot and white zombie!

That's enough about me, it's nice to meet all of you!

Comment

Re: Hello :]

Welcome to our flying saucer forum ship, redkittycouture I've got the future crazy cat lady thing going on too, only with guinea pigs.

Comment

Omg guinea pigs! When I was in high school I was in guinea pig 4-h haha! How many do you have? I had three, two teddies and one abyssinian.

Comment

Welcome to teh forum
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by redkittycouture View Post
                          Omg guinea pigs! When I was in high school I was in guinea pig 4-h haha! How many do you have? I had three, two teddies and one abyssinian.
                          That's awesome XD I loves the piggies. I have two of them, named Panda and Momewraith. Nice hair, by the way

Comment

Hello and welcome aboard!

And don't worry, you have to at least own 4 cats to be considered a crazy cat lady, there's still hope!
                            [4:82]

Comment

Welcome aboard, Moirlend!

Comment

Re: Hello community

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X