X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Guy around.

Originally posted by FireSong View Post
    Scuba diving! That's awesome.
    lol yeah its amazing, i've done all sorts but the feeling of being 15 meters under water and breathing while hovering upside down and slowly creeping close to a group of perch so as not to spook them, sunlights dappeling around you and on the floor, its well one of the best feeling ever.

Hey Kal. Welcome!

This is just a slice of personal philosophy so forgive me for coming right out with this, but you mentioned wanting someone to take you under their wing and I want to challenge you to consider that YOU can do that. Here on PF there are lots of people who will help you along your way with support, ideas, information, and essentially anything else that you want, but one of the most wonderful things about this site (again, personal opinion) is that, no matter what, these kind people allow you to make your own decisions.

The overall impression I get around here is: help everyone to help themselves.

So all that to say, I don't know if you'll get a mentor of any kind here, but you WILL grow and learn. That I promise you. Perhaps the more you know, the more you'll be inspired!
    lol thanks Bjorn, and no forgiveness required i know exactly what you mean (not too mention i prefer poeple to come straight out with things, mincing words is a bad practise lol). I do have my own view and understanding of things.
    and i know or "feel/sense" the underlying energies and mechanics of things. but there's things that i can't grasp or that i dont understand, thats what i need help with. like meditating and the astral planes for existence.

Comment

Merry Meet! I will help whenever I can

Comment

thanks chris, love and light.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
          but there's things that i can't grasp or that i dont understand, thats what i need help with. like meditating and the astral planes for existence.
          I totally feel you here. Meditation can be hard...it took me days and days of trying before I finally got my head into the right space for meditation and journeying the first time.
          My Tumblr
          My Webcomic
          My Twitter

Comment

Finally found myself...

Merry meet, all!
            I've only just begun this past year delving into Wicca, Witchcraft and Paganism. For the longest time I identified as an atheist. But I have always felt a higher power, believed in karma, and had a somtimes unexplainable talent for making things happen. So, i knew atheist wasn't exactly what I was either. I've always believed that "do unto others" had much deeper connotation than some have given credit for...

I have been having an amazing time learning and am really looking forward to meeting and or conversing here with people who share my beliefs and even those who do not. I love to learn. And I often start conversations with random strangers. Please, introduce yourselves, I'm excited to meet you all!

Oh and I hope your full moon eve serves you well. Tonight I'll be giving thanks, practicing grounding and casting a circle. Have you any plans tonight?

Comment

Re: I'm not very good at introducing myself...

Well to start from the top the fanfiction universe I write in is the BBC show Sherlock, but I read nearly anything if it's good.

As for my faith, or rather my practise as I probably should be, I call myself a Heathen Witch when I have to call myself anything at all. I'm not a reconstructionist so any great degree and have had some buttings of heads with them because I call myself Heathen but take a different path. I see the old Nordic Gods as a form of archetypes and use them accordingly. I call myself Witch because I pratise the Craft, or at least a version of it, but I don't really qualify as Wiccan. For one I was never initiated into anything, except a Batman club when I was a kid, and my experiences have taken me further and further away from Wicca as it has been described to me.
              Also, the reason I call it a practise rather than a faith here is that I never take anything on faith. What I do, and what I practise, is based on my own experience, so faith is a little misleading. But I was too lazy to go into lengthy explanations in my initial post.
              I hope this clear things up a bit Miss Cuckcoo. (If I should call you something else let me know )

Oh, and it's just getting warmer up here, we have temperatures about 15 C this week. I generally don't deal well with heat so I think cold is just fine.
              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Well hullo and welcome to PF, Not-a-pastry!

(I haven't had brekky yet, so that's what I'm focused on...)
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Miss Cuckoo suits me just fine It sounds like we have a few similarities in our path. I too see the gods as archetypes and base my spirituality on my own experiences rather than faith. Our of curiosity, do you see all of the gods as archetypes, or only those of the Nordic Pantheon?

Comment

Re: Finally found myself...

Merry meet and Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here! I to will giving thanks and casting a circle tonight, and afterwards I will have a small celebration! (self dedication ritual for me tonight, I'm so excited!) :bounce:

Comment

Blueberries!

I realise there is no real reason for me to name my introduction post "blueberries", it just felt better than standing the the doorway looking awkward and saying "hey I'm new here"

Yet new I am, so here is a little low down on me.

I'm a nearly 30 year old mother of three who is originally from a big city in the UK but now living in the middle of the Swedish nowhere. I was raised in a magickal household but it's only in the past few years that I have got round to defining my beleifs and even then it's fluid at best. The hubby is a norse pagan and most of the time that's what I identify with but I dip into celtic-ness fairly regularly. They feel like different names for the same things in any case.

Hmmm what else....I'm big on reading the runes, crocheting and I love karate. I'm a third of the way through my education to become an english teacher. I am undefeated at Just Dance 4 in my family. I have a 100liter aquarium which contains just one algae eater who is called Odin whom ate the school of zebra fish.

Well there you go, everything you could possibly need to know about me right?

Comment

Hello and welcome! I relate with the finding yourself bit. I was raised fairly conservative Christian, but I never fit there. I feel like I've finally found a place, spiritually, where I fit.
                        My Tumblr
                        My Webcomic
                        My Twitter

Comment

Re: Blueberries!

Welcome! Those poor Zebra fish My dad bought an Oscar once, not realizing the devourers that they are, and they gobbled up everything, including a beautiful little ghost angelfish I got for him It's a fish-eat-fish world out there.
                          My Tumblr
                          My Webcomic
                          My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                            Miss Cuckoo suits me just fine It sounds like we have a few similarities in our path. I too see the gods as archetypes and base my spirituality on my own experiences rather than faith. Our of curiosity, do you see all of the gods as archetypes, or only those of the Nordic Pantheon?
                            I take the Terry Prachett approach to gods, we aren't created in their image, they are created in ours and it's our belief that keeps them alive so to speak. So yes, I see all gods as reflections of the inate thoughts, ideas and qualities in humans.
                            I mean, try looking around the globe. Even if we allow for the fact that in Europe many cultures have had contact with each other for a long time and therefore also had the chance to 'rub off on each other' religiously speaking, there are many similarities between the various pantheons. In my book that is because no matter where, when or in what climate humans live, there are similarities in the human condition. Children are born, people die, poet and musicians compose, people go to war, the list goes on.
                            Really when we get right down to it, we are not so different all of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and thank you to all of you for your warm welcome .
                            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Re: Blueberries!

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X