Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cairo's Tahrir Square reoccupied by defiant protesters

Originally posted by Dez View Post
    I think this is important for us to remember over here, too: as much as things like pepper spray use here in America at the OWS protests have been very much not ok, that's not the same as people being killed. It puts things in perspective.
    Stay safe, Dumuzi.
    Yeah, I think 9 people have been killed so far. The problem over here is that lots of people don't know what's going on. The media is pretty much controlled by the government and people are constantly lied to. At this point we are just trying to document everything that's going on and show evidence to others of what's happening.

Here's an example of what the army is doing to us. It's disturbing to say the least:
    [4:82]

Comment

At least he covered her breasts back up as he was beating her.

Seriously.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't even know what to say.....what is the 'official' plan for the transferring of power in the future, D? How long will the army have this control? Do you have faith in the new government once it's installed?
        Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I don't know enough about the situation to comment except to say please be careful, Dumuzi.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

The Egyptian officials should have learned a lesson from what happened to Ghaddafi. If you harm your citizens too much, when they do get a hold of you, they won't show any mercy.
            Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by cesara View Post
              I don't even know what to say.....what is the 'official' plan for the transferring of power in the future, D? How long will the army have this control? Do you have faith in the new government once it's installed?
              First they didn't announce any plans, but after the last protests I was talking about they announced the end of June as a date to transfer 'power'. Though it seems that the military wants to be above the law. There are doubts if they will allow a new elected government to appoint a new minister of defense or to have control over the money that goes to the army.

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
              I don't know enough about the situation to comment except to say please be careful, Dumuzi.
              Thanks, habbalah, much appreciated

Originally posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
              The Egyptian officials should have learned a lesson from what happened to Ghaddafi. If you harm your citizens too much, when they do get a hold of you, they won't show any mercy.
              The sad thing is that most citizens agreed Mubarak should get a fair trial after all was done to them for 30 years (and more). A sentiment that was not shown to us by the Supreme Army Council. I don't want to spam this thread but it's just horrible the type of torture and killing that is going on here.

The thing is, most Egyptian media is pro military. Currently, we are just trying to educate people about what is really going on. Most of my elder relatives, who don't know how to use the internet, are totally against the protestors. The amount of brainwash is just horrible.
              [4:82]

Comment

Most of my elder relatives, who don't know how to use the internet, are totally against the protestors. The amount of brainwash is just horrible.
                Well they will all be dead soon. This is what happens when generations move on. You have to spend some serious time breaking all those old thoughts. The problem is that there was such a technological spurt that it's hard to even comprehend to people who are still alive and didn't have tv when they were born.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                X